Chuckieperez

Missing 10 year old girl

This weekend a couple pulled up to our camp (post drag races) asking if we saw a young girl in a blue side by side.  That they couldn't find their 10 year old daughter.  She asked us to keep her at our camp if we saw her.

Was worried if they ever found their daughter.  It was very upsetting a young child was missing at night.

We were parked a the foot of the first hill on gecko road 

whoah, that's crazy.  I hope they found her.

That’s scary 

Towards the end of day, when dust is up and sun is about o set....I have seen plenty of kids get lost just riding around camp.

Why is a 10 year old driving a SxS alone anyways?

Hope that kid was found safe.

1 hour ago, CRUSTY said:

Towards the end of day, when dust is up and sun is about o set....I have seen plenty of kids get lost just riding around camp.

Why is a 10 year old driving a SxS alone anyways?

Hope that kid was found safe.

One Thanksgiving in Gordon's just as the sun was setting we spent almost an hour trying to find the camp we had been driving to all weekend.  All it took was a couple of the rigs we were using as landmarks and dust thicker than London Fog to have us riding in circles.

I also remember the panic in a persons voice when they realized there kid wasn't were they thought she was in 13.5 and when she didn't answer to the calls by her father had a bunch of parents quickly going to find there kids.

First thing Kevin taught me on my first trip with him , was to always stop when you see a kid by themselves . Ask if they are ok and what’s up . Are they lost ect . Nothing he explained to me just what I saw him doing . He also made it a point to circle back close enough by adults who are alone and appeared stationary , to just give a thumbs up , you get a thumbs up back you keep going about your way . 

Edited by davyjones

Years ago a kid wondered into our camp lost and out of gas ...... was able to call the parents and they didn't even seem to notice he was missing . If I recall correctly the parents wanted us to drive the kid back to their camp..

WTF

I helped a grown man find his camp. He went on a short walk and was lost wandering for 2 hours. He was 200 yd. from his camp.

I get lost real easy out there in the dark. 

2 hours ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

x2, better to stay at camp, that's why when we get older we buy RVs

We had a toddler walk into our camp over new years, just as it was starting to rain.      Parents had no idea she walked away from their camp.   

That's why the commercial says to put something important in the back seat like your wallet or purse so you don't forget the kids!

2 hours ago, matt86m said:

That's why the commercial says to put something important in the back seat like your wallet or purse BEER so you don't forget the kids!

FIFY.

9 hours ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

If you're in Glamis, just look for the blinking red light on the cell tower behind the GBS. It's a good reference point,like N, S, E or W. You could also mark the front door of your RV on the map on your cell phone. That will get you within 3 ft. You should be able to make it the rest of the way.      ;) 

I love people with a camp light and when coming back to camp there are fifty others with the same color.

15 hours ago, John g said:

I helped a grown man find his camp. He went on a short walk and was lost wandering for 2 hours. He was 200 yd. from his camp.

@BaBaBouy

9 hours ago, mellen_mpz said:

We had a toddler walk into our camp over new years, just as it was starting to rain.      Parents had no idea she walked away from their camp.   

@Retired

Thank you for returning them back to camp. :lol: They tend to wander away...

2 hours ago, Rucker said:

I love people with a camp light and when coming back to camp there are fifty others with the same color.

Or they turn them off to go to bed and don’t consider the camps around them getting lost ha ha Ha!!!’

10 hours ago, mellen_mpz said:

We had that happen about 4 years ago.  Poor kid was crying and the parents were too busy drinking and not paying attention.   We walked over to the camp next to us and sure enough he had wandered from there.  Nobody in the camp seemed concerned.  Crazy!!!!!

2 hours ago, Rucker said:

It makes it more challenging to find your camp.   We usually have two lights and make sure they are different colors and pattern than everyone camping near us.  

Our camp is easy to find....Weekend Warrior and White Ford Super Duty 4x4 . . . 

It's funny how much camps really do all start looking the same... :cheers:

1 hour ago, ahipara 55 said:

You need a license to drive a car, own a dog, weld steel. 

Any effup is allowed to have young children to let loose in Glamis in a SXS............

I think you have to be 16 to drive one legally. What the parents do is up to them I guess. 

5 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

It makes it more challenging to find your camp.   We usually have two lights and make sure they are different colors and pattern than everyone camping near us.  

Been camping with the same group for 6-ish years now.  One of the guys has a very unique marker, I'd tell you what it is...

But then it wouldn't be unique anymore. :bigrin 

Or, is it  because you'd prefer peeps not find you in the middle of the night?

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Been camping with the same group for 6-ish years now.  One of the guys has a very unique marker, I'd tell you what it is...

But then it wouldn't be unique anymore. :bigrin 

I put this on the roof and camp is easy to find

lamp.jpg