The NOOB

100k in the Motorhome

On 1/27/2020 at 7:24 AM, CHEFF said:

Drive it. Use it or lose it. My Generator has around 6500hrs on it. They love to burn fuel. Peace

is it an onan 7500 gen set?

any major issues during those 6500hrs?

It seems like everyone is afraid of racking up hours on the built in generators 

55 minutes ago, EMPIRE231 said:

It seems like everyone is afraid of racking up hours on the built in generators 

Not using your generator is like not effing your wife. Just keeping her fresh for the next guy. 😆🖕

I’ve got 750 hrs on my 2005. I use a Honda 2000 every night when the kids get put to bed and watch a movie. Only for fuel consumption purposes. 

3 hours ago, Grease Monkey said:

Not using your generator is like not effing your wife. Just keeping her fresh for the next guy. 😆🖕

Haha, right!  We had over 1,000hrs on the genny in the pusher and we only had it 2 years (from new).  We had a Honda 3k on the stacker, but it wouldn't run ACs.  Our dogs go with us, they don't do well with heat and an all-black pusher didn't exactly stay cool on its own.  We ran the big gennie anytime we "felt like it" and didn't let the hours bother us.  

-TJ