Kraut_n_Rice

Headphones..

For those of us that seem to live on an airplane, decent headphones are a must

I've found some great in-ear ones, but I'm in need of some over ear, noise canceling units.  Something under $100 would be preferable..

Lets hear it (or not)  from guys with sky offices...

Not under $100 but if you are on a plane that much Bose are great! Had a set of over the ear for years but now the wife got me ear buds by Bose and they work too! Comfortable. Wore them all the way to St Thomas.

I bought a pair of Sony headphones (cant remember model). They sounded great, but almost as important to me was the fact that they fold up in a nice, compact way. I do a few surf trips around the world each year and only bring a large backpack and camera bag so space is at a premium.  Just something else to consider as most over the ear headphones don't fold up very well.

My in ear ones are awesome.

Honestly....what I want is something to silence the nonsense my GF watches on TV while I'm on the net....  If I'm online, she's watching TV, and we're in the same room. we're "together".

Buuuuuuut, she likes to watch the tube at no less than 13 on the 1-10 volume scale.  Kills all your youtube dune vids... :(

'

I went with the skull candy brand. I didn’t get noise canceling but they do make one. 
I got the skull candy crushers, can be used wired or wireless.... I like them a lot. 

There are a few on amazon that claim noise canceling and are under $100. 

I have Skull candy Crushers as my normal set.

Did I find the only woman who's normal voice is less annoying than volumaxx TV?  eff*..

I have a pair of the Bose over the ear noise canceling headphones. They are excellent. You can have a crying baby in the next row and not even hear it. You would be able to sit in the same room with your GF and not hear the TV show that she is watching. They are about 3 bills though. Might be money well spent in your situation. 

Get a new girlfriend. Might be cheaper. 😎

1 hour ago, hondajimz said:

Get a new girlfriend. Might be cheaper. 😎

I'm multiple thousands invested in this one.  New headphones are a drop in the bucket at this point...

The Sony 700n or something like that. Over the ear noise canceling and they are awesome. Battery lasts for ever. $180 and well worth it

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/71174

There’s an active thread on Budget Light Forum asking the same thing. 

On 1/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, Kraut_n_Rice said:

My in ear ones are awesome.

Honestly....what I want is something to silence the nonsense my GF watches on TV while I'm on the net....  If I'm online, she's watching TV, and we're in the same room. we're "together".

Buuuuuuut, she likes to watch the tube at no less than 13 on the 1-10 volume scale.  Kills all your youtube dune vids... :(

'

Based on this post, she should wear the headphones.

Based on reputation alone, the Sennheiser headphones probably sound great.

I wore over the ear headphones for 6 hrs a watch in the Navy and I hated it, they made my ears get too hot, even though the ESM shack was about 60 -65*. I have a set of Mpow  H7 BT headsets, they are on ear, which lets the outer portion of your ear breath if you're using them for long periods. They aren't active noise canceling, but they seal well enough that if you're listening to something, you can't hear what's outside. They're only $22 on Amazon. Amazon has the Mpow H12 over the ear headset with ANC for $33. I'm very impressed with the sound quality, very wide, smooth freq. response.

I bought these about a year ago, never used on a plane but I have used the noise canceling at work before. I use these every day at the gym and they have held up well, I would buy these again.

TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear Headphones Hi-Fi Sound Deep Bass, Quick Charge, 30 Hours Playtime for iOS and Smartphone

$60 on amazon