Rockwood

Rockwood's Jeep XJ Build

3 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

Yes long arms. They rub at full lock with 35s. But that only at slow speeds. 

Huh.  Must be the position of the bypass tubes on doubles.  On my triple 2.5 (not sure if those are 2.0s), the longest (mid-travel) adjuster hangs down opposite the reservoir.  If it was where his is, I'd have a lot more options...

httpwww.polyperformance.comimages104115_

I could just buy some double 2.0s... But I'm cheap, so I'm not throwing $1200 worth of shocks at the front of a Jeep just to ditch my friends in their JKs even more.  :bigrin

Better use is to make it so @spize909 is the only guy in the Glamis group without bypasses. :bigrin    

10 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Huh.  Must be the position of the bypass tubes on doubles.  On my triple 2.5 (not sure if those are 2.0s), the longest (mid-travel) adjuster hangs down opposite the reservoir.  If it was where his is, I'd have a lot more options...

httpwww.polyperformance.comimages104115_

I could just buy some double 2.0s... But I'm cheap, so I'm not throwing $1200 worth of shocks at the front of a Jeep just to ditch my friends in their JKs even more.  :bigrin

Better use is to make it so @spize909 is the only guy in the Glamis group without bypasses. :bigrin    

and I can still outdrive the lot of you...……...

1 hour ago, spize909 said:

and I can still outdrive the lot of you...……...

Is that what you're calling the hamfisted, wheel-sawing peg-legged dance you do?

3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Is that what you're calling the hamfisted, wheel-sawing peg-legged dance you do?

fuken a right...……. I feel a BDBCEPO coming up. We'll take horsepower out of the equation and see what's really up.

fuken a right...……. I feel a BDBCEPO coming up. We'll take horsepower out of the equation and see what's really up.

You're turboing that slug?

2 hours ago, Rockwood said:

You're turboing that slug?

Don't need to.....I have electric power steering.

Don't need to.....I have electric power steering.

I would like to get in on this race. I’m also single shock. 

23 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Welp: King doesn’t have the hoses for these anymore, so I’d have to have something custom. Custom hose dude doesn’t have any fittings that would gain me enough room...

586D3159-F02A-4788-B802-BD5F2D24B802.thumb.jpeg.e719f4b00797a6bce3f29ccc618f8a22.jpeg

They’re making out under there and I’m about an inch-ish from the steering stop. Nope. 

Probably going to order a set of Fox smoothies in 11” travel variety from someone tomorrow, and trade these 10” jobs for some 14” to the buddy I got it from and throw them on the buggy. Old school beam buggy with triple bypasses? Meh, might as well. 

Paging @L.R.S. you have any spare parts or have anything laying around to help here? 

-TJ

2 hours ago, jtmoney714 said:

I would like to get in on this race. I’m also single shock. 

I hear about bad things happening when people race you...….I'm out!!

1 hour ago, tjZ06 said:

Paging @L.R.S. you have any spare parts or have anything laying around to help here? 

-TJ

No worries. Already ordered some remote res Fox performance 2.0s. Should be fine esp since the rear is the same shock

2 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

-TJ

No idea what I'm looking at here.  Spare parts for shocks or shocks?  I got nada.  

9 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

No idea what I'm looking at here.  Spare parts for shocks or shocks?  I got nada.  

No problem. Needed hydraulic hose to remote the reservoirs.  Shock guy made a good point: on the direct mount reservoirs, King put a monster fitting on there.  Any female fitting that's going to go on there will be equally monstrous and only reduce the diameter by 1/2" or so.  AKA: not gonna work.

Posted (edited)

7007AC82-D051-4405-9961-41472F7DD261.thumb.jpeg.72f231cdeb5516d261ca3433a37acd8e.jpeg5A1F4201-9556-4434-A412-7CB3DB82B5A4.thumb.jpeg.fb8b190f7a6e3f2ce46d3f9f5dbf8701.jpeg

Got the Fox emulsions (Factory Race) on. Going to burn everything in permanently tomorrow and this shit will be done.  Had to mount the reservoirs behind the bumper. No room for even the 2.0 reservoirs. Booolshit. 

Edited by Rockwood

Posted (edited)

Nice.  If I weaved my words right today, my dad might come get mine to put the tank in, install the winch and new front bumper.  He's nearly retired, and super bored....  He's got time, I've got projects. LOL

Edited by Kraut_n_Rice

D8C65E7D-91DF-4D70-A16C-9750708ED0DA.thumb.jpeg.68ac1a44808730d6a2c848b4f5bf2bf3.jpeg

2DFD5417-6C56-49E2-8E34-309F08475E7B.thumb.jpeg.f51e5308f01cddf4578f03642bb796cc.jpeg

That was a trial. Got it done only to find the axle seal was done. Opened it up, locker was assembled with the halves flipped so getting the C clips out sucked. 

Get the seal out and find out the guy who geared it didn’t apparently have a seal puller:

B64C9856-3A88-41A4-8C6F-89D75114286F.thumb.jpeg.1b42f538ecfd3118c788016f1503d2af.jpeg

Got it back together and swapped out the passenger side leaf spring. Ready for Big Bear end of the month. 

Nice work. 

DDBA78C0-7E24-418D-8D03-563689A63549.thumb.jpeg.a5ccab82d9342002790b7d333d2a0aca.jpeg

Worked great. More pics/video to come, wife took most of them.