TD

CoronaVirus - real time infections and deaths mapped worldwide

it just crazy how disrespectful some people are, we had a 2 hour flight and the person behind me was open air coughing for the full 2 hours and the guy in front of us was coughing the complete flight, and about 4 others you can see in the back of the plane, 

I will never fly again this time of year without one of those medial masks, do not care what others think or if I look crazy, but it was a cough fest on the flight to and from, I pretty much covered my mouth with my sweat shirt for the full flight 

4 hours ago, J Alper said:

I will never fly again this time of year without one of those medial masks, do not care what others think or if I look crazy, but it was a cough fest on the flight to and from, I pretty much covered my mouth with my sweat shirt for the full flight 

It's not that you look like a crazy germaphobe it looks like your a stupid germaphobe.  The Surgical masks don't prevent you from catching there germs the masks don't stop them from getting to you....

It's the moron's who are sniffling and coughing who should be wearing masks.  It doesn't stop the germs from spreading but it does help.

The best thing to do in the situation you were in was don't rub your eye's or nose and wash your hands with soap and hot water every chance you get.

15 minutes ago, MWB said:

It's not that you look like a crazy germaphobe it looks like your a stupid germaphobe.  The Surgical masks don't prevent you from catching there germs the masks don't stop them from getting to you....

It's the moron's who are sniffling and coughing who should be wearing masks.  It doesn't stop the germs from spreading but it does help.

The best thing to do in the situation you were in was don't rub your eye's or nose and wash your hands with soap and hot water every chance you get.

if they are coughing does it go airborn, and if so anyway not to breath it in, 

I went out to my beer fridge and damn it, I may be infecting others :hmm:

IMG_5970.JPG

Ohhhh Nooo!!!!! My Modelos 😱

Over 28,000 confirmed with 12 in the US. 
And no vaccine for it. 

Meh.  Going to Korea in April.  I'll let you guys know if I get it after giving you an uncomfortably long hug.

5 minutes ago, TD said:

And no vaccine for it. 

The news story I saw said that China had forwarded the virus to the company in the US that maps the genome and it only took them 3 hrs to create the first vaccine. Unfortunately, it will take a while to ramp up production and even longer to get approval for it.

From the numbers I've seen, this virus spreads very easily, but the fatality rate is fairly low. As of this morning:

Coronavirus Cases:

of which 3,863 (14%)
in critical condition

Deaths:

Recovered:

So that means even if you catch CV, you only have a 14% chance of ending up in critical condition or a 1.99% chance of dying. You have almost 3x greater chance of recovering.

Comparing it to last years generic flu, "During the severe 2017-2018 flu seasonTrusted Source, one of the longest in recent years, estimates indicate that more than 900,000 people were hospitalized and more than 80,000 people died from flu."  80,000 people died from it, but it wasn't considered a pandemic, for some reason.

I think the reason this one is getting so much coverage is due to it being zoonotic and coming from China. It's also more contagious than normal, but it looks like it's far less deadly than the regular winter flu. 

43 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

The news story I saw said that China had forwarded the virus to the company in the US that maps the genome and it only took them 3 hrs to create the first vaccine. Unfortunately, it will take a while to ramp up production and even longer to get approval for it.

From the numbers I've seen, this virus spreads very easily, but the fatality rate is fairly low. As of this morning:

Coronavirus Cases:

of which 3,863 (14%)
in critical condition

Deaths:

Recovered:

So that means even if you catch CV, you only have a 14% chance of ending up in critical condition or a 1.99% chance of dying. You have almost 3x greater chance of recovering.

Comparing it to last years generic flu, "During the severe 2017-2018 flu seasonTrusted Source, one of the longest in recent years, estimates indicate that more than 900,000 people were hospitalized and more than 80,000 people died from flu."  80,000 people died from it, but it wasn't considered a pandemic, for some reason.

I think the reason this one is getting so much coverage is due to it being zoonotic and coming from China. It's also more contagious than normal, but it looks like it's far less deadly than the regular winter flu. 

Good info. Thanks!

You see a pandemic like this on the news and the cynic in me starts looking around thinking, what is it they don't want me to looking at? 

6 hours ago, MWB said:

You see a pandemic like this on the news and the cynic in me starts looking around thinking, what is it they don't want me to looking at? 

20 years ago I would've thought you're crazy. Nowadays I think you are spot on and I'm looking around as well.

Just now, AlpineFunco said:

20 years ago I would've thought you're crazy. Nowadays I think you are spot on and I'm looking around as well.

The lame stream media is trying to distract us from how badly the Dems have embarrassed themselves with this BS attempted coup. Normally, we'd all be demanding that the perpetrators of this impeachment hoax be charged and convicted of treason, but they're adept at manipulating public opinion and using any tragedy, big or small, to their advantage.

23 hours ago, TD said:

And no vaccine for it. 

People in the US won't even get the flu shot, why do you think they would get this one if it comes out. DON~~~

Interesting to look at this now...

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

China is so clearly full of shit on their number Dead / Recovered

Image result for chinese propaganda

At this point, I look at it in two ways since we're now committing economic suicide:

1. You keep the economy open and just accept the deaths.  Let it run through the country.

2. Shut down everything and do a national lockdown with the military and national guard to stomp it out.

This half-assed approach isn't working.  We've killed the economy.

My vote is for 1 to ensure the future livelihood of our children.

2 hours ago, Retired said:

At this point, I look at it in two ways since we're now committing economic suicide:

1. You keep the economy open and just accept the deaths.  Let it run through the country.

2. Shut down everything and do a national lockdown with the military and national guard to stomp it out.

This half-assed approach isn't working.  We've killed the economy.

My vote is for 1 to ensure the future livelihood of our children.

The lively hood of your children sounds less in #1

I think the damage from #1 seems less, but I think this virus is WAY worse than govt is letting on.  There is a reason that we're basically in marshall law without calling it that.  As of today we have 11k deaths worldwide due to Covid-19 in the 4 months since it hit Wuhan.  In the same 4 months, 18 million people die throughout the world in the natural course of things.

6 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

I think the damage from #1 seems less, but I think this virus is WAY worse than govt is letting on.  There is a reason that we're basically in marshall law without calling it that.  As of today we have 11k deaths worldwide due to Covid-19 in the 4 months since it hit Wuhan.  In the same 4 months, 18 million people die throughout the world in the natural course of things.

I have to agree... Nevada Gov Forced closed all non essential business.. Said our hospitals are 80% full... How is that with only 100-150 cases? 1 death? Something isnt adding up... Math doesnt lie!!

I read earlier that china had 121,000 people die from this and if that is the case I understand the panic... but I dont think they are giving it to us straight at all.. masive shut down over 18,000 sick in the country?

Come on now..

Remember when people using antibacterial soap was ruining our immunity and risking all our lives?

So the lame media is saying we're now the epi-center? Peace

2 hours ago, CHEFF said:

So the lame media is saying we're now the epi-center? Peace

Yep.  But that's because we're actually testing and reporting the numbers.  China's fewer cases is like saying a tree that falls with no one to hear it didn't make noise.  They're just not testing and/or not reporting.

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Yep.  But that's because we're actually testing and reporting the numbers.  China's fewer cases is like saying a tree that falls with no one to hear it didn't make noise.  They're just not testing and/or not reporting.

giphy.gif

Pfft...Can't test them if you can't catch them :ninja: :ninja2:

Ninjas - Ancient Aliens - Crazy History Channel Guy | Make a Meme

17 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Pfft...Can't test them if you can't catch them :ninja: :ninja2:

Ninjas - Ancient Aliens - Crazy History Channel Guy | Make a Meme

1120.jpg