brgrcru

Noobs First sand rail

Been 30 years in the making . as I have been a river rat for 50 + years . Finally made a decision  to buy a sand car.  This year. 
been to Glamis a few times renting quads . But really have no idea about anything . 
Wanted a two seater as I will be by myself , most of time . Wife might appear on occasions. most of my trips will be Monday —Wednesday . As weekends and holidays are not for me . Usually working anyways . 

didn’t want anything to radical .   just something to dune and try and figure it out . 
here is a few pictures of my rig and rail 

Sand rail fab dominator 

3.5 gm ,mega sand trans ,king shocks 

needs a little tlc , but super happy with my first trip out with it . will change it up a little after the last trip of the year .
What a blast . Stayed at pad 3 and stayed close to gecko rd and sand hwy but did venture out a little 
any week day duners ? I can tag along with . 
 Anyways Life is good  . Hope to enjoy this part of it for a long time 

Robert 

25D1ED23-3987-443A-977A-004D00B41F31.jpeg

4A93803F-CAFF-4C8F-8B84-7D89B3DF6D6F.jpeg

9125D431-2D50-4420-A3B0-E17064E76533.jpeg

8C432F91-5757-4062-AEF2-E2DC894AD492.jpeg

CD9340DB-54C6-4FB6-BAB0-EF65FF599C3E.jpeg

3435D0BF-C0E0-4782-8756-8CBD5CD70D11.jpeg

Whole new world for ya! Be extremely nice to that trans, act like you don’t have reverse, try not to stay in one gear for extended periods. Have fun.

Congrats, looks like a fun Sand Car...and that Shop Sand Rail Fabricators is still in business, which is nice.

We are a Wed-Sat/Sun group.

I was told about the tranny . not to abuse it , and don't use reverse . 

hope to make it through the next few months, with out to many issues.

trying to get out this Monday again. for a few days.

We used to do nothing but Tuesday-Friday morning trips when I was working the weekends. Man, I miss those times. Now with kids, I'm going on the weekends now. I envy you being able to get out there during the week. I'd try to find something to ride with though. In case something happens.

I don't Own a Sand rail. 😳

Welcome to the addiction!  Nice setup.  As stated above....try to ride with someone or be within waking distance of a road or camp.  Sh&*t happens....often at Glamis.  Never go straight over anything....just assume it's straight down or someone is on the other side and you'll be fine.  Have fun!! :jeff:

~jw

Oh ya....don't haul ass in the washes!  You will find a berm track eventually!

Congrats, most groups have no issues if you went up to them and asked to join their rides.  The best way to learn to dune is following someone that can dune.  Have fun

If you want to find mid week duners... go to Gecko...  that's where you'll find them...  :thumbup:

Congrats on the purchase may you enjoy the sand as much as you have loved the water.  Lord knows I could never live without BOTH in my life!!  

congrats and enjoy Cheers

Congrats so much fun to be had! As stated try and ride with someone. Most people have no problem letting people join their rides

Looks good!

Have fun and be safe.

We have a 3 speed megasand transaxle  mid engine car  with 450hp  and it’s been good  for the past 6-7 years we have had it 

Thanks for all the info .  And positive vibes. Going to try and find group to run with . 

First trip went good , last month . Just taking  it slow , 

been re-searching  on glamis dunes for a few years.  on lots of  stuff.  About duning with a car. What kind of car , motor , 2 seat or 4 seat , or  S x S , which I didn't want .  Something cheaper to start , not to get in over my head . As I can learn  and eventually , make the car more my own . 

At least I didn't get rid of my dually , lol I was trying to trade . Wife was happy about that.