Life is way too short to be unhappy and miserable because of every little event that happens to you.

You may not be here tomorrow...Remember that.

Cool thread, my kinda stuff!

+1

24 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Cool thread, my kinda stuff!

+1

Yes sir Crusty.  😁👍

Had a sixth grade teacher who had a saying I never forgot. "my freedom begins where your freedom ends". Been a while since I was in sixth grade, it stuck.

"99 % of life is what you make of it, so if you say life sucks then you suck !! "       -suicidal tendencies

Have to say, i spent a lot of my youth was spent pissed off. Especially after I got married the first time. That marriage ended when I was 22 and i met my wife now. She helped to change my attitude. When the kids came, my bad attitude came creeping back. I didn't make much money, I had a house and car i could not really afford and I spent a lot of time working away from home away from my family. Most of me being miserable was my own making. My wife and kids never knew who they were going to get when I came home. That was not fair to them at all! So one day I woke up and decided I was going to change my way of thinking. It is so much easier to be mad and miserable all the time then it is to be happy...so I had to work at it everyday! 

It didn't happen overnight, but in time things got so much better! I felt better about my job..and with that came more money. I felt better about my life in general and everything turned around! My kids are all happy now and doing great and I have 2 amazing grandsons! I have been able to do things now I only dreamed about in the last 20 years and live a life a lot of people envy! Nothing is perfect but I am happy with who and what i am now.

Now I'm thinking about retirement and there is way more behind me then there is in front of me, but I am looking forward to the next chapter.

If you are ever in a bad mood...just watch this video!

No way you can still be a bad mood after this:

Another point of view, to go along with the other linked posts.

https://medium.com/@erikrittenberry/the-american-life-is-killing-you-9e7e68135f4a

This pops in my head when people are down for no apparent reason.

https://y.yarn.co/b727d5e6-b621-4c73-ac3d-861524cb42b2.mp4?1581018019119

I so appreciate this thread. I had to show this to my 7 year old daughter who is constantly mood swinging and her attitude is definitely in dire need of being checked. In a 7 year old mentality, I explained why she gets yelled at and how it came from her first. She was confused at first and then I can see it grasping her itty little brain. Somehow her and Mom don't see eye to eye sometimes and it's probably a by-product of 2 working parents so we are also at fault here but will always work hard at keeping the household balance in line. Thanks for all the posts! 

1 hour ago, Chingon619 said:

I so appreciate this thread. I had to show this to my 7 year old daughter who is constantly mood swinging and her attitude is definitely in dire need of being checked. In a 7 year old mentality, I explained why she gets yelled at and how it came from her first. She was confused at first and then I can see it grasping her itty little brain. Somehow her and Mom don't see eye to eye sometimes and it's probably a by-product of 2 working parents so we are also at fault here but will always work hard at keeping the household balance in line. Thanks for all the posts! 

Welcome to having  daughter, you are just at the beginning.  Every day is a new day when you have daughters.  My boys were pretty emotionally level throughout their teenage years, my daughter is all over the board.  She is a great person, GPA 4.4, and does everything right......but when it comes to me, I get a different daughter everyday.  She is 18 now, I think she is getting better???  HAHA.