ehall

Sxs carnage

53 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Ability has everything to do with it. :doh:

I've seen Advanced ATV Riders squeeze blood from stones racing stock ATC70's around camp, doing things way beyond the machines intended purpose. Also seen high-end Sand Cars driven by an idiot who could only afford that level of performance and power....but had no right to be behind the wheel.

Driving within yore Ability keeps people from getting hurt or even dying.

No truer statement here riding with more advanced people helps advance your own driving skills .

Although mother G can take a bite out of anybody no matter how experienced you are tragedy to happen in Glamis so please be vigilant everywhere you driveAlthough mother G can take a bite out of anybody no matter how experienced you are tragedy to happen in Glamis so please be vigilant everywhere you drive

5FA329C3-7E75-4AC0-9B69-EA624FE2516D.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

In my opinion, it's not "don't drive beyond your ability", it's don't drive beyond the ability of the car you have chosen and the suspension you may or may not have upgraded.

You would be surprised what a skilled driver can do with a less than capable vehicle.   The moto is always "drive within your ability" whether in SXS, rail, motorcycle or quad.    The inexperience drivers are the ones that often find the limits of a vehicle by driving beyond their ability.  Sometimes shit just happens to even skilled drivers.

The X3 RS (72" model) in stock form is really good and inspires confidence when driving it in the dunes.   Once you get use to driving it you discover it is capable of stuff your previous SXS was not.  Now add some well tuned shocks and it takes everything up several notches.

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

You would be surprised what a skilled driver can do with a less than capable vehicle.   The moto is always "drive within your ability" whether in SXS, rail, motorcycle or quad.    The inexperience drivers are the ones that often find the limits of a vehicle by driving beyond their ability.  Sometimes shit just happens to even skilled drivers.

The X3 RS (72" model) in stock form is really good and inspires confidence when driving it in the dunes.   Once you get use to driving it you discover it is capable of stuff your previous SXS was not.  Now add some well tuned shocks and it takes everything up several notches.

I’ll agree it’s About driver skills they know when they are at their limit,can read the terrain and don’t drive above the conditions they are in,etc. 

IMO you shouldn’t end up in a witches eye with a broken front end and some of your crew running into you. 

17 minutes ago, 77charger said:

I’ll agree it’s About driver skills they know when they are at their limit,can read the terrain and don’t drive above the conditions they are in,etc. 

IMO you shouldn’t end up in a witches eye with a broken front end and some of your crew running into you. 

Naw, just charge those transitions where 2-3 dunes meet, nothing will happen.  :bigrin 

Another thing to think about with the running out of talent/ driver skills & quality of the SxS in question goes to this.

In the sand rail EPO's there was a big difference between the people who owned cars and the guy's who built them. Not only in driving skills but in  the DGAF about the cost of repairs. I think that has a even bigger impact with the SxS crowd.  Roll my car down Olds' in front of 1000 people and it's a $500.00 deductible and I get upgraded parts, Stuff it into a witches eye and taco the front end, Well all I have to do is drop it off at the dealer and I get upgraded for a little more than $500.00 .  So it's not just not worried about crashing them it's almost like a needed thing to do in order to get upgraded. 

1 hour ago, MWB said:

Another thing to think about with the running out of talent/ driver skills & quality of the SxS in question goes to this.

In the sand rail EPO's there was a big difference between the people who owned cars and the guy's who built them. Not only in driving skills but in  the DGAF about the cost of repairs. I think that has a even bigger impact with the SxS crowd.  Roll my car down Olds' in front of 1000 people and it's a $500.00 deductible and I get upgraded parts, Stuff it into a witches eye and taco the front end, Well all I have to do is drop it off at the dealer and I get upgraded for a little more than $500.00 .  So it's not just not worried about crashing them it's almost like a needed thing to do in order to get upgraded. 

So yore saying Drive the SxS like a Rental Car?

In Dubai they drive Sand Cars like rental cars . . .

1 hour ago, CRUSTY said:

So yore saying Drive the SxS like a Rental Car?

In Dubai they drive Sand Cars like rental cars . . .

They drive a lot of things like rental cars, and not just over there...

I broke a CV just watching that video!

I like the throttle blip at 0:48 to save the roll over

7 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

Ability has everything to do with it. :doh:

I've seen Advanced ATV Riders squeeze blood from stones racing stock ATC70's around camp, doing things way beyond the machines intended purpose. Also seen high-end Sand Cars driven by an idiot who could only afford that level of performance and power....but had no right to be behind the wheel.

Driving within yore Ability keeps people from getting hurt or even dying.

Often times while just keeping up in my little scooter I am on the edge of both my car's and my ability.

So far so good.

17 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Often times while just keeping up in my little scooter I am on the edge of both my car's and my ability.

So far so good.

35 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

hater...….no Hello Kitty hater!

I wish you all could see Rockwood in his Hello Kitty Can Am!

2 hours ago, spize909 said:

hater...….no Hello Kitty hater!

I wish you all could see Rockwood in his Hello Kitty Can Am!

@jtmoney714 got to. 

10 hours ago, Rockwood said:

@jtmoney714 got to. 

He looked good. Without the hello kitty you’d never be able to pick out the only other Asian guy in glamis. 

On 2/13/2020 at 7:36 AM, Yarder said:

You guys make it sound like the front arms are made of string cheese...   :doh:

Of the 5 72" cars in our group, who all dune pretty fast & hard and have a thousand + miles on each of the cars, none of us have bent an arm.  Sacrificing the stability, extra travel and plush ride of the 72" models for the 64" seems silly.  If you're that worried about it get the taco kit.  And don't drive beyond your ability!

This. I drive pretty hard and fast but rarely beyond my talent limit. Slow down when things are dicey and all should be good.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:36 PM, onanysunday said:

I was being sarcastic in my previous post. I looked close and told one of the service managers I was surprised their race car had stock arms.  Maybe a class that requires them? Don't know but they were stock.

Edited to add: He did not seem know when I asked about it. Even after mentioning I was surprised they were not gusseted.

Most, if not all, races require SXS suspension to be stock. This is probably why Can Am dominates over RZR. Maybe all that will start to change with RZR new models.

2 hours ago, jtmoney714 said:

He looked good. Without the hello kitty you’d never be able to pick out the only other Asian guy in glamis. 

Nice actually talking to you (circumstances sucked though). Ran into  @cwarkenton  at Joe Fab's in the Hello Kitty express that weekend as well. 

Damn near Asian invasion now...….I think we have the most diverse group in the dunes. We have white, black, brown and yellow on most trips. No gays that I know of...……….

Herro Kitty?

:bag:

:biggrin:

3 hours ago, spize909 said:

Damn near Asian invasion now...….I think we have the most diverse group in the dunes. We have white, black, brown and yellow on most trips. No gays that I know of...……….

You’re still lying to yourself huh? :bigrin 

3 hours ago, dbart said:

Herro Kitty?

:bag:

:biggrin:

Wife’s X3, she put it on there to discourage its use by me as a backup car...

34 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Wife’s X3, she put it on there to discourage its use by me as a backup car...

You fit the profile for their main consumer much more then she does...

https://snapshot.numerator.com/brand/hello_kitty

:js:

28 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

You fit the profile for their main consumer much more then she does...

https://snapshot.numerator.com/brand/hello_kitty

:js:

She’s an honorary Asian. 

10 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Nice actually talking to you (circumstances sucked though). Ran into  @cwarkenton  at Joe Fab's in the Hello Kitty express that weekend as well. 

Yo! That's right. Sorry we didn't get a chance to rap longer. Good putting a face to the name for sure!