Sign in to follow this  
GRANT@FUNCO

Genesis or Attitude ?

my kids are looking for a brand new 5th wheel toyhauler 

thoughts ..experience or just opinion 

GO 

I bought a brand new stellar about 15 months ago. Triple slide, super nice. Big 5th wheel. I wish I could tell you how flawless it's been but it's never even been hooked up to my truck.

Genesis

Without a doubt go with a Genesis. If I could’ve justified the cost I would’ve actually gone with the ATC. Jim from VIP RV told me to stay away from Attitude. 

The 2018 + Attitudes have a much better quality Lippard frame/ chassis. Very similar to the Genesis. I've owned both in recent years (2017 36CK and 2018 32DBG) and my main takeaways is  the Attitude has a nicer interior with colors and style, AC seems to be more balanced and work better with the lower ceilings.  The width of the slide is bigger and better placed so I could put my Funco in forwards (with paddles) or backwards with skinnies.

The Genesis has nicer exterior fiberglass, bigger basement/ storage area and has more 5er bed clearance for taller for lifted trucks. AC and heat was way off from balanced. The slide was positioned in a way I had to change tires and could only fit my car by backing it in.

Another lesson learned is the new gray fiberglass style is dumb, adds at least 10 more degrees over the white ones. Next trailer will be white for sure. 

12 hours ago, Ocotillo Boy said:

I bought a brand new stellar about 15 months ago. Triple slide, super nice. Big 5th wheel. I wish I could tell you how flawless it's been but it's never even been hooked up to my truck.

Trade it to Grant and build a new car!!!!  Pretty Simple if you ask me! 

I purchased a new stellar (attitude) in 2014 , I can say the best part of owning it was the fact they are located in Riverside so I did not have to take it to a dealership for the inevitable warranty work. Made appointments and it was fixed quickly and correctly (kind of like ww back in the day).  The Lippard frame was junk, glad to hear they made corrections. The big 5ers need 3 axles IMO, Ive noticed some huge 5ers on tandem axles, kinda sketch. I went with the 34LKSG because it was rated at 15k lbs, I have a commercial license so it did not effect me but I wanted to feel confident when I sold it and it drove off in the hands of someone without a CDL. Oh and whichever you get dont accept 15" tires, 16" LT are the way to go. we had a couple in our group not even make an initial trip without blowouts / damage. :thumbup:

momentum

I just bought a Forest River Stealth and the build quality is very impressive. 17ft of storage.   https://www.giantrv.com/inv/2020-Forest-River-Stealth-FFSA3217G-Murrieta-FSL1692/#mainpic

The two units we liked were the  FR 3217 and the Attitude 3016. We like the quality of the Forest River over the Attitude.

I bought a brand new 2015 Genesis 40cr in October of 2014 knock on wood it has never been to the dealer or factory for warranty work.

Has a 3218MM and live in it at the Flagstaff airport 2 days a week.   

Very happy.  

My Niece has a Genesis 5th wheel going on 4 years  no issues and they use it a lot!!

Grant Im looking at selling mine 2019 4028dgf biggest thing they make 

trailer new.jpg

I've had my Genesis goin on 3 years now.  Basement storage is bid and no wheel wells inside.   No problems, knock on wood.

Picking up a new Genesis tomorrow I hope I made the right choice. 

Remember.... Genesis is Skynet...…….

19 hours ago, Wash 10 Crew said:

Has a 3218MM and live in it at the Flagstaff airport 2 days a week.   

Very happy.  

Nice!

Image result for 3218mm attitude

I love the split grey 2 x 50 gallon grey tanks, and residential fridge and bath on my Genesis 34 GSXL plus the king bed!

On 2/15/2020 at 8:36 AM, matt86m said:

Thanks Matt86m, this was sold same day I reposted and lowered the price. The Genesis is a good company and they warranty and take care of their customers.