SPODEBOY

1st time no paddles?

As a 25 year vet ironically I have never duned an RZR without paddles. Looks like we are gonna make a trip here soon. Taking the plunge on a new one set me back a bit and would like to hold off on getting a set of sand tires just yet? How many of you guys have duned without paddles? After having them before do you think I am going to be dissappointed? We are mellow drivers. 

Edited by SPODEBOY

We duned one trip with just the nobby’s. I think it was a great experience to see what the Nobbies can do and then the next trip putting on the paddles and noticing the huge increase in traction and throwing sand in peoples faces behind you that follow too close  😀 When are you thinking about going?

Edited by RK Racing

First time I took my Arctic Cat with the factory tires it worked fine just airing them down. Second time I had Big Horns on and it was terrible, they were too stiff. Lucky for me I still had the tires and rims in the trailer it came with, after changing back it was fine. DON~~~

You’ll be fine. If you don’t buy the right set of paddles knobbies are better anyways. 

Mines an X3 the first time I took it to Glamis it was with the stock tires and wheels.  It was great and I was very happy with it. 

7 hours ago, RK Racing said:

We duned one trip with just the nobby’s. I think it was a great experience to see what the Nobbies can do and then the next trip putting on the paddles and noticing the huge increase in traction and throwing sand in peoples faces behind you that follow too close  😀 When are you thinking about going?

We are going March 12th-16th.

Works fine. Probably can’t climb China Wall if NA, but as long as you keep the momentum up, no problems. 

I have a friend that only dunes his x3 once a year, so he doesn't want to spend money on paddle tires. He does just fine. 

Just got back from my first trip in my X3 XRS and was worried about not having paddles. Ran the stock big horns at 8psi and did just fine, only had a couple times where I lost momentum and had to push hard to get the speed back up in some big bowls. Honestly I don’t k ow if I will buy paddles for the car after running the stock tires, I don’t race and not sure if I will notice $2k in difference. What I will be doing is spending some money on lighting, trying to get home with stock lighting at night sucks big time. 

I’m sure the nobby’s worked good as I have experienced it myself but you know the paddles will help a lot! Whatever floats your boat....lol.

3 of the new SxS drivers in our camp started with on knobbies for the first few trips. They had no issue keeping up, climbing or duning in any way what so ever.   Put it in 4WD and lower the air pressure way down and have fun.

all 3 have either tried paddles or made the switch to paddles now and felt that the paddles are more fun and worth the price of admission. 

2 hours ago, AZDUNERAT said:

Just got back from my first trip in my X3 XRS and was worried about not having paddles. Ran the stock big horns at 8psi and did just fine, only had a couple times where I lost momentum and had to push hard to get the speed back up in some big bowls. Honestly I don’t k ow if I will buy paddles for the car after running the stock tires, I don’t race and not sure if I will notice $2k in difference. What I will be doing is spending some money on lighting, trying to get home with stock lighting at night sucks big time. 

I’ve got a nice set of paddles and front tires if you’re interested.  A lot cheaper than that price. 

Paddles really make a huge difference and also depending on the weather in time of year you go this season has been a very wet one so knobby tires are OK but as the weather warms up in the sand gets softer that’s when you really notice it and you don’t have nearly the control of the car with nobby‘s which can be fun at times

DFBAE94D-3320-4DEE-BB33-1156611931E5.jpeg

BBBBFC79-C1B4-4624-A2B2-21DF691576B1.jpeg

1EA0B4E3-D47B-4A32-A1C1-07B817D3A7EE.jpeg

B4112112-5F9C-4A33-9280-FF7AAF05FBC5.jpeg

Paddles increase the fun factor, they allow to run 2 wheel drive more and slide better...…………...