Sign in to follow this  
badgas

Honest San Diego Auto Mechanic needed

Hey GD.com folks in SD I need a reference for a good honest mechanic in SD. My daughter and her fiancé have an older Ford Escape that they need the  ignition coils replaced on. They were given a crazy price to have the job the done. I know from looking into to it a bit up here in OC that they were quoted 4-5 times what the job should cost. 

Just looking for an honest shop that won't take advantage of some young kids that that need some work done

Thanks in advance 

I have used Justin at B & B auto repair for a timing belt on my tundra and a turbo actuator on my diesel. Both times he has done perfect repairs and wasn't afraid of doin a little extra. Very clean shop and they'll have it out quick. Mark @ Georges Garage next door does all my transmissions. Both shops family owned and very professional. Erica runs the front desk. 619 262 6045

Try "I got a guy automotive" 535 N Quince St suite b, Escondido, CA 92025 (858) 432-305

3 guys that got tired of the BS at dealerships  and started a great shop with great service and pricing 

Wayne Miller tire in Santee. Full service garage. The guys do awesome work and the owner is a stand up gentleman. Honest and has a great reputation. 
+1 (619) 596-2800

San Carlos Auto Repair are definitely honest and great to work with. I gotta ask though, coils are a very easy job. Are you sure this soon to be son in law isn't capable? There's always YouTube University. 

If it’s a 4-banger... 20 minutes with a $10 socket set...

If in the East County look up Roach Automotive in El Cajon off of Greenfield. It’s a Father/Son business and I believe they have one other employee. Nice shop with nice gated parking lot. I’ve used them on several occasions and have always been satisfied with their pricing & service. Would not hesitate to send my wife there without me. That says something! 

Check Yelp and read the comments. Not only do they have 5 stars, but all the reviews are high praises. 

These guys will take care of you, https://furgersons.com.

Jason at On Point Automotive in Escondido. Great honest guy. Works on my Cummings, Dmax and wife’s Yukon .

Without question I would recommend John at Genesee Auto Care in Kearney Mesa.

He is an absolute wizard.

North Park imports.  Don is a fellow duner and I've know him for a LONG time.  He is the only person I allow to work on my truck.  

10 hours ago, B0NES said:

Wayne Miller tire in Santee. Full service garage. The guys do awesome work and the owner is a stand up gentleman. Honest and has a great reputation. 
+1 (619) 596-2800

Yup, Wayne worked on my trailer and sold me tires right before I left Ca.  Very fair prices and quality work.

Thank you guys 

This gives them a great list 

On 2/20/2020 at 6:14 AM, The NOOB said:

Without question I would recommend John at Genesee Auto Care in Kearney Mesa.

He is an absolute wizard.

They ended up going to John at  Genesee and said he was awesome. 

Thanks again for the reference. 

Good to hear they found someone who took care of them.