Jump to content
mike dee

Need concrete stain job removed

Recommended Posts

Last year I had poured a new backyard slab and had it stained.  It’s now coming off and looks horrible.  Any GOOD contractors that only specialize in removing and reapplying around that you’ve used?  Thanks, I’m running into a dead end trying to get this fix so we can enjoy our backyard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stain is coming off...….did they seal it? @Stugots might be a good resource for info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I would never "stain" concrete with anything but proper acid stain. Not that it helps your predicament, but water based stain is crap and doesn't look nearly as good as acid which is impregnated and is impossible to remove or"come off".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old neighbor had this problem....Pain in the Arse to fix....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

give mark a call he is your best bet to get it fixed.

pgs 

714-999-2961 [office]

info@perfectgranitesolutions.com


Perfect Granite Solutions

1838 E. Ball Road

Anaheim, California 92805

https://www.perfectgranitesolutions.com/pgs-blasting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call Classic Coatings in Corona, they sell the products but can give you the right guy for the job. You can do it yourself using soygel, plastic and a power washer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, surf and dune said:

 I would never "stain" concrete with anything but proper acid stain. Not that it helps your predicament, but water based stain is crap and doesn't look nearly as good as acid which is impregnated and is impossible to remove or"come off".

We just had our whole patio redone and they used Top Cast. It's a coating that is sprayed on, left for 24 hrs then washed off.I guess etches the concrete to give it texture!

I love the look and has great traction.

 

102.jpg

105.jpg

108.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me know who you find. The previous owners of my house stained the concrete red and it is ugly. Starting to fade and peel. I heard the DIY but people said it is a PITA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dbart said:

We just had our whole patio redone and they used Top Cast. It's a coating that is sprayed on, left for 24 hrs then washed off.I guess etches the concrete to give it texture!

I love the look and has great traction.

 

102.jpg

105.jpg

108.jpg

Top cast is a pretty bitchen finish.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 5:41 PM, spize909 said:

The stain is coming off...….did they seal it? @Stugots might be a good resource for info.

He ran this by me last year and really not much I can do for him. Wish I could help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a different problem but my solution would work here. My slab had a lot of small cracks and looked bad. I used concrete patio tile and glued over the top of the concrete. Worked great. I used the Loctite adhesive, a little dab on each corner and one in the middle of each tile. I also swept in fine sand in joints then sealed the whole thing. DON~~~  

fix slab.jpg

Fix slab-2.jpg

Fix slab-3.jpg

loctite-adhesive.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks good Don. Are those clay tiles or concrete? 

My patio had several additions by the previous owners and some of the newer slabs were not pinned to the adjacent slabs and have displaced a bit. Although my next door neighbor is a professional concrete guy I really don't want to bust it all up and pour it all as one slab due to the cost. He had suggested floating it with sand and installing pavers. Don't know what to do with the transition to the pool deck though...

Sorry to hijack the thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fortyfour said:

That looks good Don. Are those clay tiles or concrete? 

My patio had several additions by the previous owners and some of the newer slabs were not pinned to the adjacent slabs and have displaced a bit. Although my next door neighbor is a professional concrete guy I really don't want to bust it all up and pour it all as one slab due to the cost. He had suggested floating it with sand and installing pavers. Don't know what to do with the transition to the pool deck though...

Sorry to hijack the thread

Concrete pavers, I had some uneven spots and I used a concrete leveling product from Home depot to level out the bad spots. I also had to make some cuts so I had my tile lady come over and make the cuts for me. You can make transitions by cutting the tile and making joints, I did this by me back gate.  I went to a few paver places to check out how square the pavers were and the one I picked were right on the money, that was my biggest worry. I think the adhesive would work better than the sand. It comes in the big tubes so the cost wasn't that bad and it has held up.  DON~~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine has a dustless blasting business in San Diego. The ones that advertise their green trailers with the whole setup on all the car shows we watch. He does this type of stripping all the time and it’s not terribly expensive. I’m sure there’s a guy in your area. His business name is Atomic Blast but I don’t think he wants to go to the oc for just one job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, DezertRatRail said:

give mark a call he is your best bet to get it fixed.

pgs 


Perfect Granite Solutions

1838 E. Ball Road

Anaheim, California 92805

https://www.perfectgranitesolutions.com/pgs-blasting/

Went with Mark... holy chit,he went way above and beyond to make me happy and to make this happen.  His workers were fast, efficient, and professional. Thanks DezertRatTail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mike dee said:

Went with Mark... holy chit,he went way above and beyond to make me happy and to make this happen.  His workers were fast, efficient, and professional. Thanks DezertRatTail

:wwp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

:wwp:

Yes curious to see what they did!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I'm Sorry said:

:wwp:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

:wwp:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...