SPODEBOY

UPDATED AFTER TESTING: So... Rear Paddles/Front Steering or Matching Sand Vipers?

37 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

This 100%.  I like to run my SxSs in 2WD as much as possible, even on stock Bighorns and just use 4WD when we get into really tight, fluffy sand and everybody slows down so you're not carrying speed, or if we decide we "have" to go straight up China to leave and head back to camp.  Personally, I like to 2-foot SxSs, just giving it a dab of brake with my left foot to move weight onto the front tires and scrub a little speed as needed, without going off/on the gas causing the clutches to shift in/out.  It's better for the clutches and belt, and also reduces the "laggy" feeling of a CVT, especially a turbo engine and CVT.  

As for tires, I really want to try those System 3 SS360 tires on all 4... they look like mad dorrrrrifto fun - and they look like you could run them on the west side of the canal (or to Boardmanville, after levitating across the tracks) without destroying them.  However, I'm really happy with my current setup so I can't justify the $.

My setup are 1200 Desert Traks (about half the tread shaved) in the front and 1300 Padla Traks rear.  Again, I mostly run in 2WD (don't need 4WD even for climbing China with these and an XPT) but I love having the reasonable front bite for towing somebody out... which I seem to do a lot of.  

20180930_155012.thumb.jpg.d2ec1a1b927144b0c82ade5d4860a2bf.jpg

-TJ

That is a great paddle tire set up. 

3 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

That is a great paddle tire set up. 

Yup!  Not the fastest for drags/hill shooting because it's very heavy being on Method beadlocks and non-comp cut... but it's a RZR, not a drag car.  I really like how the Padlas slide though, especially with a little extra pressure in them.  But if I need to recover somebody I can air everything down a bit with confidence (beadlocks) and get a reasonable amount of front grip to not shatter the tiny diff, but still keep the front helping.  

-TJ

Gonna go with these.  I will be certain to give my .02 once I get a chance to try em out. Found em locally.  Is this a good price? 

Untitled.jpg

14 minutes ago, SPODEBOY said:

Gonna go with these.  I will be certain to give my .02 once I get a chance to try em out. Found em locally.  Is this a good price? 

Untitled.jpg

That is a great price with wheels.   Scoop them up. 

Got em! Real time test and report vs my experience with the standard paddle/ steering set up coming soon!

20200307_154805.jpg

Gettin her ready! Bumper,  mirrors,  roof,  arm rest,  filter skin over air filter,  

Attach0 (5).jpg

Attach0 (4).jpg

Attach0 (3).jpg

Attach0 (2).jpg

Attach0 (1).jpg

I kind a like the armrest where did you get that

58 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

I kind a like the armrest where did you get that

I got it here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G4Z9BM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I reviewed it here.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for the info 

So after having used both paddles in the rear + steering tires vs a set of these SS360's I can say that I do prefer the SS360's. 

To keep it short in 4X4  the SS360's simply grab the earth and rip you around as all 4 corners are pulling.  So comparing both these work better in 4X4. 

In two wheel drive I'd say that they do not work as well as a rear paddle/steering up front set up. I am thinking it's all due to the set of paddles having a deeper tread and bite the sand better giving you more propulsion. 

That's it.