Well after getting caught in the dunes at night I am looking at some lighting options for the X3. 

so far I have settled on a 10” shock tower mounted bar with pods mounted on each pillar.  I want to go amber to avoid being blinded with dust, I’m usually bringing up the rear. 

I had originally thought of going with the Baja designs Onx6 with the squadron on the pillar but had someone tell me the BD pull too much and have issues with flickering on SxS’s. They were telling me to go SR rigid in amber with the rigid 4” 360 on the pillar. Only problem I have is the only 360 they offer in amber is the SAE light pattern. 

any input from the GD.com crowd. I am not looking at the cheap Chinese crap, I don’t trust it and I am not getting stranded without lights again 

Your friend is lying lol. 10” bar on shock mounts and two xl80s on the a pillar and you can lead all the night rides even with no moon. 

Man...

I thought it said Lightning.

🌩

You won't have an issue with the stator at that level. I'm running 3 XL80's and 4 Squadron Pros. They definitely pull a lot of power, but I haven't had any issues so far.

7V1A0853_CR2.thumb.jpg.7277e8af2e5a6cb7b43675b9f95b647e.jpg

I have a roof mount rigid light bar and two rigid Amber light pods On the car and it’s freakin bright. Now I’m always made to lead at night. I wanted to get the BD lights but count justify spending that much on lights. Actually I couldn’t do it without having to spend that on my wife in return once she saw the credit card bill. But I agree, no cheap Chinese crap for me, you get what you pay for and I’m super happy with the lights I have. 

45301874-202A-4974-9E57-B2CA35413B58.png

Recently put two xl80 and two squadron pros all in amber on the rail... the Chinese light bar was still up top as well . The quality of the light with the Baja designs stuff is so much better it’s laughable.  I don’t turn the Chinese bar on anymore, it’s coming off the car. Hands down no contest. No more hunting and guessing what’s out front at night, and the glare is all gone. Really impressed with these BD lights.

I am not opposed to the rigid lights, when all is said and done they are almost the same prices. Just curious is anyone has any thoughts on the rigid 360 lights in the SAE light pattern for cornering lights.  

I feel like the onx6 bar is a better light bar compared to the rigid SR series. Not sure how the Squadrons compare to the 360’s as they are fairly new. 

The X3 can handle the Baja Design lights just fine.    The XL80s put out a lot of light.  I have two on my bumper and pair of Squadron Pros on the A-pillar.  I can lead at night no problem.   I am adding a 3rd XL80 to my bumper.   I just have the amber rock covers on my lights.  If I am not leading I leave the amber covers on.  If I am leading I take them off.

I think two XL80s on a bumper (one wide cornering and the other a spot) and a pair of XL80s (wide cornering) on the A-Pillar would be more than enough light. 

6 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

The X3 can handle the Baja Design lights just fine.    The XL80s put out a lot of light.  I have two on my bumper and pair of Squadron Pros on the A-pillar.  I can lead at night no problem.   I am adding a 3rd XL80 to my bumper.   I just have the amber rock covers on my lights.  If I am not leading I leave the amber covers on.  If I am leading I take them off.

I think two XL80s on a bumper (one wide cornering and the other a spot) and a pair of XL80s (wide cornering) on the A-Pillar would be more than enough light. 

Do you think the 10” Onx6 and 2 squadron pros would be enough light?

2 hours ago, AZDUNERAT said:

I think it’ll be enough to go medium+ speed at night. If you get the XL80s instead of the squadron pro plus the small light bar then I think u can get to fun scary fast speed. Next level faster after that I think requires larger ball size as well as as more lights 

2 hours ago, AZDUNERAT said:

If you are only doing occasional night rides and are not leading,  it is plenty of light .  The  Squadron Pros throw out a lot of light in a small package.   Just make sure they have the wide corning lens.  The  same for the 10” Onyx .

Below is my light set up doing 85+mph in Baja.   

FC7E3E03-1966-4255-8961-DA5509AE9659.jpeg

I’d forgo the 10” bar for just 2 xl80s. The squadron pros are good but that combined with the 10” bar won’t even close to a pair of xl80s. 

I run a 50 top BD bar and a 10 lower bd bar and it's perfectly fine while running on an x3. At idle it can flicker a bit, but I'm pulling alot.