Booshwa

7.3L Powerstroke Thread

5 hours ago, Booshwa said:

This was getting on it on the i8 just before Tavern, 20 lbs boost and temps shot up within seconds.  Just dropped it off with Matt so he can dig into it.  Thanks for all the input!

Please let us know what you find out.

3 hours ago, sausage450r said:

https://deadheaddiesel.com/ebp-sensor-7.3-exhaust-back-pressure-sensor/

One of my original posts on this thread has a link to my turbo build/ebp valve elimination

It's pretty crazy to think that over 10 years ago you welded my turbo pedestal after I cut all of the EBPV stuff off.

DSC_5029-M.jpg

That's when I learned that welding oil soaked aluminum is not always a good thing to do.

My electric fuel and regulated return are still working awesome.

Posted (edited)

I drove my f350 this morning. I took a video getting in the freeway 95% throttle steep hill. In my stock tune i cant come close to high egt’s. 

I know you like that tune you have, but its worth looking at too

Edited by sausage450r

Posted (edited)

Not sure how much i trust my edge gauge btw.... while driving to my moms house in alpine today, apparently i was going 40mph in park. Fortunately my torque converter was locking/unlocking. :rolleyes: 

For those that don’t know; this edge cts2 has been a complete pos. I have a thread somewhere, edge products have zero interest in fixing it, are rude on the phone, and refuse to issue an rma to fix. I had it in my wife’s excursion and it was constant problems. Put it in my f350, and its only given me minor troubles till recently. Worth noting have a scangauge2 in the excursion now and its been flawless (2 years). My tranny temps are diff between cts2 and my autometer gauge in test port. In this pic cts says 139* and my autometer was reading 120* pretty big diff (7 total miles driven) so tranny still cool

8FD7897C-95EC-481D-9884-1418A89A6FC7.jpeg

645D1A9D-E2CB-41A4-ADBE-E67636EA2557.jpeg

Edited by sausage450r

You passed by my street in those pics😎.  Latest on my truck and high EGT’s.  Matt thinks when the Bully Dog was pulled off some sort of programming was still left on the computer, he thought some sort of double program was in there...so he wiped the computer and rebuilt the stock programming based on the vin.  I pulled an empty 18’ dual axle trailer up the hill towards to Alpine.  In this video the pedal is smashed...He fixed the high EGT issue but I’ve lost a lot of power.   My next stop will be John Woods, valve body and His tunes on a Hydra.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Booshwa said:

You passed by my street in those pics😎.  Latest on my truck and high EGT’s.  Matt thinks when the Bully Dog was pulled off some sort of programming was still left on the computer, he thought some sort of double program was in there...so he wiped the computer and rebuilt the stock programming based on the vin.  I pulled an empty 18’ dual axle trailer up the hill towards to Alpine.  In this video the pedal is smashed...He fixed the high EGT issue but I’ve lost a lot of power.   My next stop will be John Woods, valve body and His tunes on a Hydra.  

Nice, my mom lives just up the rd by victoria rock. Fyi that effin hot mail delivery girl you have is my wife. She just took over your route apparently its a mess. She’s almost got it fixed

Whats that knob up by your pyro gauge? Ya these trucks are dogs stock, but they still pull pretty hard. Johns tunes really woke mine up. Tranny just hated it. Gotta order that valve body....im gonna email him now

Edited by sausage450r

1 hour ago, Booshwa said:

IMG_0216.MOV

That sucks because they don't have a lot of power to begin with. 😀

25 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Nice, my mom lives just up the rd by victoria rock. Fyi that effin hot mail delivery girl you have is my wife. She just took over your route apparently its a mess. She’s almost got it fixed

Whats that knob up by your pyro gauge? Ya these trucks are dogs stock, but they still pull pretty hard. Johns tunes really woke mine up. Tranny just hated it. Gotta order that valve body....im gonna email him now

I'll be sure to watch for her, 😎.  They put the dimmer knob there, stupid spot and will look for a stubby knob to make it less noticeable.   I'm supposed to get in with John when he comes back from vacation in April.  I can bring the valve body home with me to save you shipping.   Hoping all I have left is air bags/compressor, John's valve body and tunes and a rear diff cover and I'm done.   As long as it'll pull what I need and be reliable, I'll be happy with no truck payment, low insurance and registration costs.  I wont be the fastest thing on the road but hopefully fast enough up the grade that I don't get laughed at 😁

On 3/29/2020 at 10:55 AM, sausage450r said:

Took a pic of the mail girl the other day, I don’t know about “Effie Hot”.... could have been a bad angle.

A34DBACE-DE8D-4AD7-96CB-14A1D2861057.jpeg

2 hours ago, Booshwa said:

Took a pic of the mail girl the other day, I don’t know about “Effie Hot”.... could have been a bad angle.

A34DBACE-DE8D-4AD7-96CB-14A1D2861057.jpeg

HAha thats robbie yore substitute. 

@sausage450r I met your wife, WAY better looking then Robbie.  

Wanted to give a shout out to @JohnnyAirtimefor the SUPER clean install of my gooseneck, airbags and compressor setup!  He's pretty much a perfectionist and you can tell from his work.  Last thing I need to do is visit the hard to get hold of John Woods for the Hydra tunes and his tranny valve work and I'm done for awhile with the truck.

ball.jpg

Ball2.jpg

bumper.jpg

compressor.jpg

gauges.jpg

hitch.jpg

tank.jpg