CRUSTY

Swing Set #1 UTV / SxS Destination in Glamis?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mike dee said:

You sure can huck a sxs these days

Until you can't anymore...………..

edit to say I just watched the video and the way those guys dune is pathetically stupid. It's no wonder those things are broken and upside down and kill people all the time.

Edited by spize909

3 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Until you can't anymore...………..

Just like anything elseimage.jpeg.30cc8192aa98444ed63324284c1cd160.jpegimage.png.f6a17888a143dcff5a60b3aa7ed12aab.pngimage.jpeg.64eadd258c8a9b225ea62c7b84bac0b0.jpegimage.png.6b68ee69db989bcae2bd19dd2c4ee713.pngimage.jpeg.158f06693d7a3c8395a9963de8351da5.jpegimage.png.207fd54c1cc3a1e8b516ce35b582c1ab.pngimage.jpeg.3b6cbab3142506d12dd4d3a88df98e61.jpegimage.png.e1ef87aa6452d3de60b5ccabd274ec6f.png😂

now that video was entertaining and had me laughing. … Dune and destroy, dune and destroy.....looks like those guys have some fun together!

that jump looks cool, going to have to try it out.

Looked like a great time. 

When Big Mikey (Cheese and Crakers) started posting his videos everyone said "Yore Crazy" driving out of line, etc.

It does seem to be a more recent driving style then typical single file lines, maybe they watched his videos......   :popcorn:

Making a Joke of course..... being UTV guys are all newbs to the sport learning everything they know from IG/Facebook and not GD.com :lol:

The sport we love is going thru some changes for sure...

There are definitely 2 styles of duning, 

Style 1. - Straight line following, with some distance and cruising

Style 2. - Side by Side, racing, passing, etc. 

I definitely am more of a Style 1 guy, but that cause of my  dreams of being an off-road racer. Also, you don't get sprayed as much rubbin' tires.

As far as hucking those SXS, I've just never been any good at finding the right jump. A spotter and making sure you reach the appropriate down slope landing is key.  So long as they have good spotters and it seemed like the guy who was sending it understands how to jump, I say go for it.

I'm counting the days to get out there with my new SXS and paddles. Hopefully the weather will behave.

abc

2 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

There are definitely 2 styles of duning, 

Style 1. - Straight line following, with some distance and cruising

Style 2. - Side by Side, racing, passing, etc. 

I definitely am more of a Style 1 guy, but that cause of my  dreams of being an off-road racer. Also, you don't get sprayed as much rubbin' tires.

As far as hucking those SXS, I've just never been any good at finding the right jump. A spotter and making sure you reach the appropriate down slope landing is key.  So long as they have good spotters and it seemed like the guy who was sending it understands how to jump, I say go for it.

I'm counting the days to get out there with my new SXS and paddles. Hopefully the weather will behave.

abc

I have always thought  of "style 1" as a deFacto rule due to safety / Yes I know the dunes are great because their are no rules... but basic safety is just smart

I get passing and racing, but just driving side by side  5 ft from each other in a SxS for literally miles  and hogging the dunes  just seems like a recipe for disaster

3 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

When Big Mikey (Cheese and Crakers) started posting his videos everyone said "Yore Crazy" driving out of line, etc.

It does seem to be a more recent driving style then typical single file lines, maybe they watched his videos......   :popcorn:

Making a Joke of course..... being UTV guys are all newbs to the sport learning everything they know from IG/Facebook and not GD.com :lol:

When they get tires of fixing parts the free for all behind the leader will stop.   

Back in the quad days we would tell the new person to stay in the line.  Every once in a while we would have one drift off and learn the hard way why you don't drift off the line.   Certain dune sections you can get away with a free for all.  In the big bowls going 2-3 wide is fun.

I remember way back when Jagged X had a rhino event we watched a group of rhinos go 4 wide in the dunes banging doors at night.   It was fun to watch and about every 5 or so dunes one would go over.   At 20mph not going to get hurt too bad.  LOL!

9 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

When they get tires of fixing parts the free for all behind the leader will stop.   

Back in the quad days we would tell the new person to stay in the line.  Every once in a while we would have one drift off and learn the hard way why you don't drift off the line.   Certain dune sections you can get away with a free for all.  In the big bowls going 2-3 wide is fun.

I remember way back when Jagged X had a rhino event we watched a group of rhinos go 4 wide in the dunes banging doors at night.   It was fun to watch and about every 5 or so dunes one would go over.   At 20mph not going to get hurt too bad.  LOL!

UTV Drivers have always been a tad :nut:

Could not find a vid of the Jagged X Rhino fest....but this popped up and people would Huck a Rhino too :blink:

I bet those things are still running!

41 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

UTV Drivers have always been a tad :nut:

Could not find a vid of the Jagged X Rhino fest....but this popped up and people would Huck a Rhino too :blink:

We had a friend that raced his rhino.    It was shocking how far he could jump it.  He once bet us that he could jump his Rhino higher than we could on our quads.  We found a nice jump near Competition Hill.   He won, but also lost because when he landed his tires blew of the beads.  LMAO!!!!!

Posted (edited)

I really miss the days when I'd run with a 1/2 dozen of the KIK crew... we were definitely racing and rubbing tires, pushing each other. Deanasaurus would cost me a new wind visor on my full face helmet ever trip as they'd be so etched with his 415ci LS3 stroker and blower. Tear offs didn't work. They were like $65 a shield.  I'd buy them in gross (LOL).. 

None of us ever hit each other... if I guy was really up your ass, you'd kinda drift  off and wave him ahead.

I'd say 95% of duners are 'Style 2' and just like to enjoy, not push it and enjoy the ride. 

To each his own I guess.

abc

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

19 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

I'd be happy if they could just dune in line following one another. Why 3 to 4 SxSs wide? And learn to turn out when you see another group. No one is trying to 'steal' your line. My 4000lb car has a big bumper you don't want to meet.

No crap on the turn out part nothing like being the only 2 cars in a bowl on a line then a group of 5-6 pop over into the bowl your in then cut right across the front of you not stopping continue on like they had the right of way because there may be 5-6 of them and maybe one guy wave like its cool bro!

Looks like a fun time. 

Didn't see anything out of of the ordinary especially if you consider they all knew they were being recorded for an "extreme" Glamis social media video.

Lots of Schtick in Glamis the last few years with people trying to make names for themselves. 

Reminds me of a video posted here a few years ago. The guys from UAE driving their Rzr 800's and rolling every few hundred yards. 

Was in Glamis on Saturday and the Swing Set had a lot more people then I was expecting on an off-weekend.  I am not sure there is such thing as an off-weekend in Glamis.  It was pretty busy out there.   Dunes were perfect for riding the quad.

Wasn’t busy at all on Saturday

8E9F8624-041A-44AE-80FD-5D39C7A7190E.jpeg

Crazy ass dunning style! i though i was watching Mario Kart, was waiting for koopa troopa to throw out a banana!!

On 3/6/2020 at 10:17 AM, CRUSTY said:

It has a price. Ask him.

Almost never see a failure when staying in line. Some tense moments, but survivable. Most of the damage and injuries I have seen have been when someone is alone or off to the side of the track.

1 hour ago, richard h said:

It has a price. Ask him.

Most of the damage and injuries have been when someone is off to the side of the track.

^^^^^BOOM!! YOU WIN! I've seen buddies of mine disappear into thin air over a dune because they didn't stay in line like I said to! 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:05 PM, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

I really miss the days when I'd run with a 1/2 dozen of the KIK crew... we were definitely racing and rubbing tires, pushing each other. Deanasaurus would cost me a new wind visor on my full face helmet ever trip as they'd be so etched with his 415ci LS3 stroker and blower. Tear offs didn't work. They were like $65 a shield.  I'd buy them in gross (LOL).. 

None of us ever hit each other... if I guy was really up your ass, you'd kinda drift  off and wave him ahead.

I'd say 95% of duners are 'Style 2' and just like to enjoy, not push it and enjoy the ride. 

To each his own I guess.

abc

Do you mean "Style 1"?

Our group does both.

We have been known to be 4 cars wide in a big bowl.....  :)

2 hours ago, Sumsand said:

Wasn’t busy at all on Saturday

8E9F8624-041A-44AE-80FD-5D39C7A7190E.jpeg

Dear God.  What the hell is this now?!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

Must be dumont? Glamis SWINGSET was pretty packed. Plus this looks nothing like it

Edited by B0NES

35 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

Bones is right!, it is Dumont and it’s a pretty pathetic swing set if you asked me and a sad tiki goddess.... butmade ya look !!!!! ;)