big_daddy_jp

Looking for pricing

Who has the best pricing on the system3 ss360’s? I’m looking for a set in 32” for my turbo rzr. Also gonna get it on some DWT light weight wheels. Maybe the Sector El Arcos?

Posted (edited)

I would guess Amazon but not sure. Check with AngryButtCrack and Spodeboy. They both just bought them. 

Edited by hondajimz

I know Avid up in Victorville was doing some good pricing..You can see them on CL

A friend of mine just started a new business and he might be able to offer you a good deal. Since he is new I'm not sure if he's a dealer yet with Douglas wheels. Might be worth a shot. 

https://theutvshack.com/?fbclid=IwAR353qLYmbmRP91-O8xkCeS0ztCuTUay_tOTIAFvpcJQypJGlMGUsLGzBBA

Check with Kwiksawracing.com good peeps to deal with

Rockymountain atv.  For wheels

watch out for issues with the DWT wheels.  I have broken the center three piece bolts couple times and have even upgraded to a larger size. 

Ebay has some good deals on the SS360 with wheels for around $1300.  I would check with Chaparral Mortosports about tires and wheels.  They will match Rocky Mountain pricing or beat it.

I would be careful with the DWT 3 piece wheels.  The bolts that hold the center piece have been known to snap even with the upgraded bolts. 

https://www.chapmoto.com/system-3-offroad-ss360-sand-snow-bias-front-tire-parent-912-s3-0650?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIodCX99yN6AIVj6uWCh3AKAA4EAQYASABEgLtBvD_BwE

I guess I could go with the ultra lites. I would like to keep the wheels as light as possible since I’m going with a 32” tire. I don’t plan on doing any clutch work anytime soon. The 32” ss360 and a lite wheel would weigh the same as stock wheels and bighorns.

4 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

I guess I could go with the ultra lites. I would like to keep the wheels as light as possible since I’m going with a 32” tire. I don’t plan on doing any clutch work anytime soon. The 32” ss360 and a lite wheel would weigh the same as stock wheels and bighorns.

light you say?  Look into Packard Performance wheels, super lightweight non beadlock.  I personally slide my car around too much to not have beadlocks.

33 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

My friend is running the Rocky Mountain Tusk beadlock wheesl with the 32" SS360s on his 2019 X3 with stock clutching.  No problems so far.

If you want the lighest wheel, then non-beadlock Packard wheels is the way to go.  If you want a beadlock the DWT Ultimate Beadlock is pretty light.   I would just choose which ever wheel you like that is not a DWT 3 piece.    Have you looked at the Alba Crusher wheel?  They make a nice 3 piece beadlock or non-beadlock. 

https://teamalbaracing.com/i-23900877-baja-crusher-billet-beadlock-wheels.html

https://teamalbaracing.com/i-23900887-crusher-lite-billet-light-weight-wheels.html

Those alba wheels are not light. They are designed for hard core high speed desert racing. Sturdy but not light.  CMS (Custom metal spinning) makes very light, strong wheels, but non-beadlock and not cheap. Might as well go OMF.....

24 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

Those alba wheels are not light. They are designed for hard core high speed desert racing. Sturdy but not light.  CMS (Custom metal spinning) makes very light, strong wheels, but non-beadlock and not cheap. Might as well go OMF.....

Actually the Albs wheels are light for headlocks . They weigh about the same as the DWT wheels. .  The non-bead lock version is only a few pounds heavier than the Packard Wheels.

i would never ever ever ever buy those POS CM/S wheels.  They are far from strong and the center will break on them.  Plenty of picture s of those wheels with broken center sections and pissed off owners.  

2 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Actually the Albs wheels are light for headlocks . They weigh about the same as the DWT wheels. .  The non-bead lock version is only a few pounds heavier than the Packard Wheels.

i would never ever ever ever buy those POS CM/S wheels.  They are far from strong and the center will break on them.  Plenty of picture s of those wheels with broken center sections and pissed off owners.  

My Alba's on my yxz feel quite a bit heavier than the dwt beadlocks on my xp.

30 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

CMS lightweight wheels are drag race straight line ONLY.  I have seen multiple CMS wheels with broken center hubs.  Junk for strength.

Crap! Those Packard wheels are expensive! Not looking to break the bank on wheels. Just looking for a good looking, light, inexpensive wheel. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Crap! Those Packard wheels are expensive! Not looking to break the bank on wheels. Just looking for a good looking, light, inexpensive wheel. 

The DWT Ultimate beadlock or non-beadlock is  your best bet for a light wheel that won’t break the bank.  

Edited by Sand Shark

Here is a cheap wheel

Price is not for the faint of heart

Funco OMF.jpeg

18 hours ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Not to go too off-topic, but I think that's the wrong way to think about clutching.  Clutching is THE single most important factor for performance in any CVT SxS.  Even bone-stock, on bone-stock tires there is a lot to be gained in clutching. 

-TJ

32 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

Not to go too off-topic, but I think that's the wrong way to think about clutching.  Clutching is THE single most important factor for performance in any CVT SxS.  Even bone-stock, on bone-stock tires there is a lot to be gained in clutching. 

-TJ

The X3 clutching stock is really really good.    The clutching is still really good with a basic Dynojet tune and 32" tires.  When you start adding more horsepower then the clutch work will be helpful to maintain the necessary RPM and backshifting. 

My friend did an EVO tune on his Turbo S  and they recommended to drive it and see where the RPMs were and backshifting before looking into a clutch kit.  

The OEM clutching is getting better with the turbo cars. 

I just got mine from Avid Cycles in Victim-ville.  I went with 30's $1259 Out the door.  Not sure what the 33's are going for.