Cookie

Corona Virus, how is affecting you?

I am in Sales, I work with a lot of the major retail stores (Nordstrom, REI, Zappos.com are a few).  Our company has put a hold on all travel for this month, and we can't have meetings with more than 15 people in our corporate office as well.  The Stores above have done similar things, all corporate office employees are working from home and can't have any vendor meetings this month as well.  Our meetings are moving to Skype/Zoom which suck if you need to participate and stay engage.  Some of these meeting are 6-7 hours long......ugh!

Kind of sucks, I have lot more free time because of this, and now what?  I am taking some extra days here and there off, but trying not to break the bank, so doing a lot of little home projects at this moment.

If you have a cough, don't go out in public, you will be exiled.  I had strep throat 10 days ago and still have a little cough, the looks you get in public when you cough are not friendly in any way.

How is this affecting you?

Same here one of my Jobs is with Wells Fargo just got all airline travel stopped was heading to Seattle tomorrow.  Can have local AZ meeting ours are usually 2 or 3 people, but driving only.

This is way out if control, just stupid in my eyes but hell, guess I'll wax the new Moho for glamis next week

I work in IT and our business is global. All of our counter parts over in Asian and Europe have been working from home or taking time off. That puts a lot of strain on the US folks to keep the business running. We have also been feeling the pain when trying to buy from vendors as almost all manufacturing plants, both here and over seas have slowed considerably putting lead times way out.  All meeting have been reduced to skype or Webex as not to gather to many people in one room.

we have a travel stop on a bunch of countries right now.

We are also having a few delivery issues with suppliers who get components from some places in China.  not too bad, but one is going to cause us a big headache..........

I had slight concern the last 2 weeks.  Co-worker and I even had a fever and cough early last week.  No one else in my/his family or at work.

Don't really care now.  Especially as the media OCCASSIONALLY slips and mentions that most who die are old or already in really bad health.  At which point, you realize it's no different, if not less dangerous than the regular flu.

This whole thing is ridiculous. 

Our church leader sent out a mass email saying that one of the kids in the congregation had contact with someone who came back from Italy, no virus confirmed.  He said if you don't want to come to church, we understand.  church had 30% less people.   Drive this morning  into  work was faster than normal at 4:00 Am

work appears to be slower than normal.

I have a huge cruise planned in 2 months, not super concerned as its south of the equator

12 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

Our church leader sent out a mass email saying that one of the kids in the congregation had contact with someone who came back from Italy, no virus confirmed.  He said if you don't want to come to church, we understand.  church had 30% less people.   Drive this morning  into  work was faster than normal at 4:00 Am

work appears to be slower than normal.

I have a huge cruise planned in 2 months, not super concerned as its south of the equator

Murrieta Valley High School connection?

Has the cost for the cruise gone down?  I would imagine there are some deals out there?  My flights to Cabo this Summer haven't changed...…………..bummer.

Had a trip to Korea planned, lollygagged on canceling since I didn't want to get stuck in quarantine there for 2 weeks.  United canceled the whole flight today anyway, so it was painless to get a refund.  

ISC West 2020 was supposed to be next week...  Postponed until July.  In Las Vegas.  Fack! That's gonna suck out loud

I am in the Exhibit/Tradeshow industry. We are definitely feeling it. Shows are getting cancelled left and right.

This is just ridiculous!

:nag:

45 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Murrieta Valley High School connection?

Has the cost for the cruise gone down?  I would imagine there are some deals out there?  My flights to Cabo this Summer haven't changed...…………..bummer.

yes on the MVHS

I put a deposit on my cruise like 1 year ago as its a special cruise and spot were filling up---I don't see a reduction in the entry fee LOL

Posted (edited)

Going to Vegas next month to share 50th Birthday with my wife.  (Both turn 50 this year).

Then 7 day cruise in May.

We got a $200 voucher today because of all this.  I bet we get more or something else the closer it gets.

Planning on doing both unless someone wraps a chain around my house before then.  :)

Edited by lincster

That and the Russians are nuking my stock portfolio...… :(

I haven't seen our stocks fall this fast since... I don't know when... now is the time to BUY BUY BUY! but we don't have the liquid...

Posted (edited)

The Vegas operation is way down on site seeing and the Grand Canyon terminal is still busy on weekends.  

Vegas is alot of corn fed Wisconsin tourist and this business is way down.  Probable 1/2 of flights are not scheduled.  

Grand Canyon terminal is still going like usually when weekends the busiest.  

The company as instituted new rules on who can fly and the pilots have final decision on who goes and does not go.  

It is a cramped tight seating situation for tours and we have decretion the passenger load to 5/6 instead of 7 or 8.  

I still choose who sits next to me.  :sexywave::rotf:

Edited by Wash 10 Crew

26 minutes ago, dbart said:

I am in the Exhibit/Tradeshow industry. We are definitely feeling it. Shows are getting cancelled left and right.

This is just ridiculous!

:nag:

Meanwhile, Disney land, knotts, high hill and colleges have hundreds of thousands of people walking around. This is all nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

Meanwhile, Disney land, knotts, high hill and colleges have hundreds of thousands of people walking around. This is all nonsense. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-france-disneyland/disneyland-paris-maintenance-worker-tests-positive-to-coronavirus-idUSKBN20W19T

I work in the beverage business and they have told us to cancel all of our flights till April 30th. They do not want any employees in airports   

I work in a warehouse, Our customers who have manufacturing in China are slowing down. We just came out of Chinese new year were they were off for a few weeks. Factories over there are slowly starting to open back up. Should be quiet on inbounds for the next couple of months. 

54 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Had a trip to Korea planned, lollygagged on canceling since I didn't want to get stuck in quarantine there for 2 weeks.  United canceled the whole flight today anyway, so it was painless to get a refund.  

ISC West 2020 was supposed to be next week...  Postponed until July.  In Las Vegas.  Fack! That's gonna suck out loud

HA! I was planning to "go" to ISC this year but July might actually work out better. I usually go Wed-Fri, but only stay one night and leave for Havasu by Thursday noon. So that sucks, no early spring break in havasu paid by work...

Hasn't affected me! I work solo. Good luck out there.

Wife works for a marketing company, the clients are the Convention authority, large well know amusement company, and a airline,

so talks of no spending at work and possible layoffs   

its Stinks of wartime propaganda I learned about in jr high history . 

Went to Sams Club yesterday to do our weekly grocery shopping. We get there right when it opens and people were running in to get toilet paper and water. They had to have an attendant stand guard at those spots to keep people from going crazy. With a family of 6, we go through a lot of toilet paper. Had to go to a different store just to get TP.

Andrew

It's affecting me, because there's no toilet paper or paper towels left at Costco dammit people! I even stooped so low as to go Into Walmart during daylight, and they don't have any either wtf!