Cookie

Corona Virus, how is affecting you?

it hasnt.. :dunno:

I’m going to quarantine myself in Glamis until this blows over. 

I'm really not getting the whole toilet paper aspect of this. Was this a late night comedians joke paying off? 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

I'm really not getting the whole toilet paper aspect of this. Was this a late night comedians joke paying off? 

My Dad was in Costco Sat morning at opening and said that everyone rushed to the back of store for toilet paper.  He ended up asking an old Chinese guy why they are doing this. His answer was " Our Chinese radio station told us we will be locked in our homes for months " so that is why they are stocking up.  Apparently diarrhea planning is part of bug out plan ? 

Edited by badgas

I went into my local rite aid for an ice-cream and they had plenty of bottled water.   being the prepper as I am we already have like a 6 month supply of TP in house

There was a bear and a rabbit in the woods taking a poop next to each other.  The bear asked the rabbit, "hey Mr. rabbit, do you have an issue with poop sticking to your fur?"  The rabbit a little confused at the question,  thought about it for a while and said, "no not really"  the bear then took him and wiped with him.

only effect is to our 401Ks been taking a beating

20 minutes ago, Esco said:

only effect is to our 401Ks been taking a beating

Don’t cash it all out today and you’ll be fine. :bigrin 

42 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Don’t cash it all out today and you’ll be fine. :bigrin 

I wont, learned from the 2008 market crash

Posted (edited)

Oh man.. after watching the dow crash to 6500, I sold 70% of my retirement, in like 201... when the DOW got back to 12,000 so 10 years of  (previous) investing, I was dead money. I 'would' have had 2.5X my investment had I stayed in... but once I was dead money, I was like  'eff it' at least I know I have XXX,XXX in the account. It was a BIG mistake. We have reset our passwords (Schwab) and my finger is on the safety, next, the trigger... I think we have a good deal to 'fall'.. I might start doing it in 4 or 5 tranches (buying)... as we continue to fall. Not really motivated with a 'circuit breaker' stop and a 2k drop though...

Doesn't really matter as my wife turns 50 this month, I do in 2 years. Doubt I'll live to 59 1/2 (so you don't have to pay penalties to withdraw from the 401k).

As far as business, I work from home and China IS my competition. There is a chance I could make a LOT of money if these factories get shut down and lead times go out for a good period. I have 35,000 semi-conductor SKUs in stock and READY to go!..

That being said, I'm only looking at Wednesday. Plan on being on Gecko, until Monday.

Been loading and cleaning all day the TH and RZR... installed a horrible $16 Amazon rear view mirror (had to rig it).. but other than that, just groceries and firewood and I'm out.  

To me Corona is all about the TRUE mortality rate, which from each WHO conference I see, is not well known. If it is .1 percent like the flu, no biggie, 70k folks a year will die.. if it's 3%, yeah.. we're hosed.. I'll be pulling up to Wash10's compound and offer protection,/work,.. even the women (LOL).

abc

Image result for zombie

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

All non essential travel at work on hold, they are taking it on a month to month basis. My coworker was supposed to go to Vegas in two weeks... so they told him no way. 
I can work from home if need be and we’ve already been told that might happen. 

I don’t think the precautions are ridiculous :dunno:It’s not that you’re going to die from getting it, you could infect other people. 
How would you feel then?

Some times it’s not just about you.

To me, the crap will really hit the fan if they start closing the schools. So many people now use the schools as day care for their young kids that if they close the schools, 30% of the work force won't show up for work. I got 4 employees I know are in this situation. I'll have to hire someone to do a freaking day care at my work and watch their kids so they can come to work.

Also, I basically took my 401k out of the stock market at the end of last year. I told my wife (who was against it) that the only way they were could make sure Trump lost was to crash the stock market. I was gonna take the chance that they would be successful.

3 minutes ago, nickman123 said:

To me, the crap will really hit the fan if they start closing the schools. So many people now use the schools as day care for their young kids that if they close the schools, 30% of the work force won't show up for work. I got 4 employees I know are in this situation. I'll have to hire someone to do a freaking day care at my work and watch their kids so they can come to work.

Also, I basically took my 401k out of the stock market at the end of last year. I told my wife (who was against it) that the only way they were could make sure Trump lost was to crash the stock market. I was gonna take the chance that they would be successful.

that gives a new meaning to the word fortune-teller,   nice move,  gonna reinvest soon?

5 minutes ago, nickman123 said:

a lot of schools are closed 

4 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I’m going to quarantine myself in Glamis until this blows over. 

Uh Oh!!! Getting close!

2FDB6B4E-8198-46EC-9261-C8583A5CBEDF.thumb.png.e8f71b7c1ac17dd8212abde36c139bf0.png

1 hour ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Oh man.. after watching the dow crash to 6500, I sold 70% of my retirement, in like 201... when the DOW got back to 12,000 so 10 years of  (previous) investing, I was dead money. I 'would' have had 2.5X my investment had I stayed in... but once I was dead money, I was like  'eff it' at least I know I have XXX,XXX in the account. It was a BIG mistake. We have reset our passwords (Schwab) and my finger is on the safety, next, the trigger... I think we have a good deal to 'fall'.. I might start doing it in 4 or 5 tranches (buying)... as we continue to fall. Not really motivated with a 'circuit breaker' stop and a 2k drop though...

Doesn't really matter as my wife turns 50 this month, I do in 2 years. Doubt I'll live to 59 1/2 (so you don't have to pay penalties to withdraw from the 401k).

As far as business, I work from home and China IS my competition. There is a chance I could make a LOT of money if these factories get shut down and lead times go out for a good period. I have 35,000 semi-conductor SKUs in stock and READY to go!..

That being said, I'm only looking at Wednesday. Plan on being on Gecko, until Monday.

Been loading and cleaning all day the TH and RZR... installed a horrible $16 Amazon rear view mirror (had to rig it).. but other than that, just groceries and firewood and I'm out.  

To me Corona is all about the TRUE mortality rate, which from each WHO conference I see, is not well known. If it is .1 percent like the flu, no biggie, 70k folks a year will die.. if it's 3%, yeah.. we're hosed.. I'll be pulling up to Wash10's compound and offer protection,/work,.. even the women (LOL).

abc

Image result for zombie

Are your semiconductors actually made in the US? Thought that all went away. Nice. 

1 hour ago, TD said:

All non essential travel at work on hold, they are taking it on a month to month basis. My coworker was supposed to go to Vegas in two weeks... so they told him no way. 
I can work from home if need be and we’ve already been told that might happen. 

I don’t think the precautions are ridiculous :dunno:It’s not that you’re going to die from getting it, you could infect other people. 
How would you feel then?

Some times it’s not just about you.

We should stay at home all winter, every winter then:

Influenza-Chart-Infographic-high-res.jpg 

i work for a grocery supplier, we now have either run out of, or had to put on allocation tp, water, hand sanitizers, bleach, all kinds of crap.

these places are going nuts. I had a customer call me looking for masks. we are out, but my buddy has a med supply so i called him.

mind you this was 2 weeks ago now, he has 12 cases on hand, they take 2 and he ships, this was at 730am, at 8am when they opened, a lady walked in and bought all 10 cases

left. he has 12k at cost on backorder on masks lol. hope he gets them early and sells them or he will have them forever

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FAMILY OF 4 said:

Meanwhile, Disney land, knotts, high hill and colleges have hundreds of thousands of people walking around. This is all nonsense. 

My daughter and grandson are going to Disneyland this weekend.  They don't seem to be nervous at all.

On the other hand, I was at Safeway today buying bulk quantities of the replacement that my wife and I have selected for all the 70% alcohol and hand sanitizer that has disappeared from every store.

Edited by Phoenix7

4 hours ago, sausage450r said:

I'm not getting it either, but I bought more than usual.

Posted (edited)

Coincidentally, I found an offroading place YESTERDAY that I just wish I could hide out in while SHTF and Corona carnage plays out.

20200308_152617.jpg

Edited by Phoenix7

And they all said I was crazy when I installed the Bidet!

I just told the Family tonight...

We're going to Stop watching and listening to the News..

Tired of the Hysteria 🔇📰

10 minutes ago, The NOOB said:

I just told the Family tonight...

We're going to Stop watching and listening to the News..

Tired of the Hysteria 🔇📰

This I don't watch the news So I'm not worried about it. Lot O media hype out there 

For me it’s been somewhat entertaining watching everyone. Not much of a hand shaker to begin with so my routine hasn’t really changed. Gym was less crowded which was nice and didn’t have to wait for a table this weekend at a restaurant.

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Are your semiconductors actually made in the US? Thought that all went away. Nice. 

We should stay at home all winter, every winter then:

Influenza-Chart-Infographic-high-res.jpg 

No I'm a liquidator. Semiconductors are primarily manufactured in Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, China, even Israel. My inventory is 6 months to 30 years old. I have everything.  We'll solve the virus, but market disruptions benefit people like me who stock obsolete or specialized military grade, medical grade components. 

I did tell the wife, might be good to toss a few grand on canned goods, etc. in the rare case we have to self quarantine. I'll just donate it later. As far as masks go... useless, better to buy bars of soap. Same with water, your water will be safe and isn't going to stop flowing.

Your Spiritual Adviser.

abc