Cookie

Corona Virus, how is affecting you?

55 minutes ago, r3meyer said:

And they all said I was crazy when I installed the Bidet!

Luxe Bidet Neo 120 - Self Cleaning Nozzle - Fresh Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (white and white)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG2DETM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_n6WzEbDR9TX9P

This review sums it up nicely

1EB95587-4D7E-463C-8C26-C4CAC8A23F7C.thumb.png.4061cbf42131bbfa51cda0d3eabc0003.png

im in sales in the food and beverage manufacturing industry.

watching all the trade shows get canceled one by one.

Expo West last week usually has 86k people...

SXSW next week got cancled too... 415k+! people....

watching for updates on WSWA, CBC, NACS, NCBS... sooo muuuch money wasted....

I hear there's a sale on SPX and Disney stocks today, I may log into the brokerage account tomorrow morning and do some day trading.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I’m over all this S#it! I’m on the companies natural disaster team. I’ve been in the owners office more this past two weeks then the past two months. He’s a freak about this stuff. We’ve had to confirm that all those who could work from home, can if necessary. Then plan a limited rotational staff in the office, QC and warehouse. Then because I’m also our facility manager I get to deal with making sure we have hand sanitizer, each employee’s desk is  to have sanitizer spray and wipes. Then the owner wanted the janitorial to step up the sanitizing.  So now I have a porter coming in Daily during business hours! For two hours to wipe down doors, bathrooms, kitchens file cabinets etc.. 

This has been a pain in my ass! 

Then today I decide to go to Costco to buy a hotdog for lunch. I went in to grab a few things for home. I was  told the paper towels, TP, peanut butter & rice are either sold out or can’t be kept in stock. I guess peanut butter & rice is because of the forever expiration date. I still can’t figure out the TP to virus connection? Lots of ass wiping? 

The media loves to hype this crap up though! 

Edited by NIKAL

A stock of peanut butter is part of my earthquake/disaster supply. It expires but has a long shelf life and is nutritionally and calorically dense.

15 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I’m going to quarantine myself in Glamis until this blows over. 

Smartest man on the planet. Peace

Well, as of close of business yesterday, half our stock $$ gone... long game, I know, but damn...

19 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

I have a huge cruise planned in 2 months, not super concerned as its south of the equator

Hope you got the special - use promo code: "Corona".  

IMG_1978.PNG

Makes me wonder what's worse, all the hype or the actual bug itself. Do not like being sick, but I am sick of hearing about it.

The toilet paper scare is real. Costco and Sams by my house are out, paper towels too. So I came home with patio lights and some mac-n-cheese and ordered tp and pt on Amazon. They will be here today and tomorrow. I just want some in the house! 

This will blow over as soon, the Dems blame Trump and as soon as Biden get in (God forbid) the CV will suddenly disappear. 

2 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Well, as of close of business yesterday, half our stock $$ gone... long game, I know, but damn...

1/2 :blury:? you heavy in cruise lines? I'm thinking of throwing some money that way.

I am in Construction.  Last week we had a big demo project going and the site was dusty with lots of pink insulation all coming down.  So I went to the Home Depot for a dust mask. The shelves were empty and the guy's working laughed .  Even called a vendor that has them and they were out.  So last week I had a cough from dust and crap I shouldn't of been breathing.

It's also the time of year where the weather is starting to warm up so I will buy 4 cases of water for the job site, I also buy the TP in bulk, being a single guy it last's me almost a year, but I don't want to look like one of the idiots who is worried about this crap.  Hell I switched to corona light beer and am eating Chinese food at east twice a week just to defy this stupid disease.

Sunday I went into Lowes, I was working on shower valves at the house and needed parts.  In line in front of me was a mouth breathing idiot. He had surgical gloves and a dust mask on.  I was so tempted to get right up in his face and go full on MAC and tell him that it's a dust mask and wouldn't stop germs from getting thru .

People are all concerned about cruise ships but I would be more concerned to get the typical crud cruise ships have been giving people for decades. Plus the way they try and prevent that disease is the same way you prevent corona. 

Only people who have underlying health issues need to worry about dying and the worst part for the rest of us is the long incubation period.

Can't wait for the vaccine to come out just to watch the anti vaccer's try and change there tune...

15 minutes ago, raspadoo said:

1/2 :blury:? you heavy in cruise lines? I'm thinking of throwing some money that way.

No sir. Purell and Charmin... just ain't makin no sense atoll...

I've been prepping for it for sure: you gotta have the staples for life, like taco shells, beer, race fuel, beer, etc....

Posted (edited)

I order stuff through Grainger at work.  Toilet paper is no issue at all but hand sanitizer, wipes, masks are all on backorder til June (website says).  Bleach and disinfectants are drying up.

**of course, hand soap is still readily available and plentiful!

All this stuff is made in the U.S. so it's just a matter of them pumping out more.

Edited by Bansh88

Probably won't be affecting many here, but I'm thinking a shit ton of people will soon be laid off from travel, service, entertainment industries as people socially distance themselves in order to prevent spread.  SXSW just laid off a third of its year round staff today after announcing this year is cancelled . . .

Trump may have possibly caught the virus! WTF?! Refuses to be tested, doesn't think it's necessary and down plays it although he has come into contact with people who have come into contact with those affected. MSNBC reports. I hate days off lol

I just treat it with Lime Disease. 

3 minutes ago, i8sand said:

Bob.PNG

So bob believes in the global warming.

6 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

So bob believes in the global warming.

He does, He just doesn't believe that raising taxes will cure it ........

2 minutes ago, MWB said:

He does, He just doesn't believe that raising taxes will cure it ........

Then he is not listening to the scientists...

22 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

I haven't seen our stocks fall this fast since... I don't know when... now is the time to BUY BUY BUY! but we don't have the liquid...

Now is NOT the time to BUY BUY BUY. This is not solely a blip cuz of Coronavirus. It's been long overdue and will probably hang around a while.

3 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

Now is NOT the time to BUY BUY BUY. This is not solely a blip cuz of Coronavirus. It's been long overdue and will probably hang around a while.

Current dip has been happening since the beginning of the FY.  Last time it dipped to about where it's at now, then rallied. :dunno:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Current dip has been happening since the beginning of the FY.  Last time it dipped to about where it's at now, then rallied. :dunno:

The bigger picture looks like time for economy to correct, IMO. I'm a contrarian investor. Everyone tells me I'm crazy until they realize I was just a bit early.

VIX doubled in 4 days before correcting a tad yesterday............

https://www.google.com/search?q=vix+price+history&oq=vix+price+history&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.5808j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And the big chart looks interesting.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/vix-index-shows-stocks-fear-most-since-2008-crisis-birth-of-bitcoin

Most news scares are temporary. I believe this news is coincidental to an overall pending correction. 

Consumption based economies CAN NOT  continue upward permanently. Credit card default showing signs of some new highs. Snowball effect is too strong.

Some stocks will continue up, but the overall picture MUST correct to a new base.

Buy away if you must.

I'm gonna watch by the sidelines.

Edited by ahipara 55