Cookie

Corona Virus, how is affecting you?

Posted (edited)

I have been following this brilliant man for 25 years. He ALSO has regrets, but it works for the contrarian mind set.

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/video/podcasts/2020/03/09/marc-faber-stock-market-opportunities.html

Edited by ahipara 55

Hit up walmart again,

toilet paper aisle.

78437AD2-F0E0-4E26-8280-D158DCA65D8D.jpeg

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Hit up walmart again,

toilet paper aisle.

78437AD2-F0E0-4E26-8280-D158DCA65D8D.jpeg

This has been the ONLY affect on us so far. Ridiculous! Reminds me of the run on ammo some years back.

Edited by ahipara 55

1 hour ago, ahipara 55 said:

The bigger picture looks like time for economy to correct, IMO. I'm a contrarian investor. Everyone tells me I'm crazy until they realize I was just a bit early.

VIX doubled in 4 days before correcting a tad yesterday............

https://www.google.com/search?q=vix+price+history&oq=vix+price+history&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.5808j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Most news scares are temporary. I believe this news is coincidental to an overall pending correction. 

Consumption based economies CAN NOT  continue upward permanently. Credit card default showing signs of some new highs. Snowball effect is too strong.

Some stocks will continue up, but the overall picture MUST correct to a new base.

Buy away if you must.

I'm gonna watch by the sidelines.

Agree for the most part, and CC spending/limits is my canary as well.  Only so much debt the general public can rack up before they can't carry any more payments.  Those get paid off and the cycle resets.

14 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

This has been the ONLY affect on us so far. Ridiculous! Reminds me of the run on ammo some years back.

Conservatives are full of worry that the .gov will take away their freedoms.  To compensate, they buy ammo.  

Liberals are, well, full of shit.  To compensate, they buy TP.

23 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I’m going to quarantine myself in Glamis until this blows over. 

I might have to come out and sneeze on you. 

Last night they postponed the  MotoGP in Austin from April to November. That changed my plans. Maybe get another couple trips to Glamis in. Thanks Corona Virus...

10:05 am at Costco!!! We were out of TP..... i got the last pack 😀

crazy!!!!!!

7DD13D05-CEE9-4E91-8E8A-754A8988C003.jpeg

C0A916DE-AE64-446B-92B3-100B8DCF06C0.jpeg

Just go shit in the Costco bathroom. 

in regards to TP, tried sams club last night, the one off Monterey in palm desert is always a ghost town, not one pack of TP, but saw a bunch of people buying table napkins instead. 

had to go to staples today and they have an aisle of paper towels, and big packs of TP, I don't care about the scare I am just almost out at home. so bought a big pack at staples. 

Posted (edited)

is it just me or do people buy TP weekly and are always ready to run out?  I mean under every sink in my house has at least 5-10  rolls, and I have extra in the garage "under normal conditions",

every person should have a min of 3 days and preferably a week supply of bottled water too"under normal conditions"

Edited by John@Outfront Mtrsprts

Be safe everyone!

Just trying to help!

You're welcome... :lmao:

:dbart:

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_11.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_2.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_8.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_6.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_4.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_9.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_hero.jpg

alternative-coronavirus-masks-max-siedentopf_dezeen_2364_col_10.jpg

LOL.

My faucet still works.

What did people do years and years ago before TP was invented???  Our caveman instincts will kick in.  :)

I really dont get the TP thing. Of all things to be stocking up on its that? Water I get but even still  in AZ we have decent drinking water, I mean its not the best but it wont kill you to drink temporary if needed. 

Its a mob scare mentality really. Someone starts it and the sheeple follow the leader even it its ridiculous. 

reminds me of the ammo run when obama was taking office. Everyone panic bought everything including 22LR in thoughts it would all be banned. In the end all it did was put more money in the ammo manufactures pockets for no other reason then panic. 

All this TP panic  does is F up my normal costco case purchase schedule. 

Frantic sheep are the real problem here, open your eyes

74C6E0FB-CD66-43F6-8071-C751E180D3F3.jpeg

Posted (edited)

welcome to communism my fellow Americans. When they can control your emotions you are controlled 

Edited by davyjones

Currently attending SDSU, much talk about moving all classes online as many other schools have already done so. Not entirely sure how this will work with lab courses and senior project classes. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I missed out on 30 hours of OT because they cancelled the BNP Paribas tennis tournament and now I'm going to lose about 90 hours of OT because they just canceled Coachella and stagecoach until october.

1 hour ago, sand phene said:

I missed out on 30 hours of OT because they cancelled the BNP Paribas tennis tournament and now I'm going to lose about 90 hours of OT because they just canceled Coachella and stagecoach until october.

Stagecoach and coachella were canceled because of the TP shortage. So lame, hopefully you get the OT in October 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rockwood said:

OMG

Just close this thread   @Rockwood FTW!!!!

That might be the funniest thing I've seen in years 

These people have lost their minds. I'm so happy that I just invest all the time buy, buy, buy !

I'm not a fan of market timing but there is portion of my monthy budget allocated for the market that is in for long game and I'm happy to just keep plowing $$ into this current sale. 

In 5-8 years I will be WAY ahead or we will be getting eaten by zombies or waiting in Bernies bread lines so the investment irrelevant.  I will bet on American history and say that our investments will be up.

Get your info from our history , not the fake news media.  

funny stuff 

Edited by badgas

15 hours ago, RIDERED said:

Last night they postponed the  MotoGP in Austin from April to November. That changed my plans. Maybe get another couple trips to Glamis in. Thanks Corona Virus...

DAMN! I think I'll come sneeze on you and Flip Flop! Peace