Posted (edited)

Did anyone predict a tp shortage? Ever? For any reason but maybe the extinction of trees? 

Posted (edited)

When I was picking up "supplies" for the evenings cocktails, my local CVS had a huge displays of TP 12 packs, one per customer.  LOL

edit, did not indulge.

Edited by Kraut_n_Rice

Ebay will soon take down the ad. My ad for N95 masks was taken down with a notice that ebay doesn't believe in profit from hardships.

I ordered 6 cases for work from Grainger Sunday.  No shortages there/then.

14 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

Did anyone predict a tp shortage? Ever? For any reason but maybe the extinction of trees? 

Some preppers consider that an essential item. I saw one video where a guy had bought something like 500 lbs of the big commercial rolls (24"? dia) then sealed them in water proof tubes and stored them in the rafters of his garage. He had to use a forklift to get them up there. I imagine it would take his family their entire lifetimes to use that all up.

While I think the current scare is overblown, the way people are acting now it's not too much of a leap to see some segments of the population looting and rioting in the near future because, well, that's what they're well known for.

People are acting crazy and stock piling. Problem is there are a lot of things that have not gotten restocked like pasta, shampoo,  soap, rice at Costco.

I'm not scared and definently not going to stock pile, but I will be buying a lot of stuff since it won't be available when I need it. 

I want rice for my carne asada and nor rice at costco.

3 hours ago, socaldmax said:

Some preppers consider that an essential item. I saw one video where a guy had bought something like 500 lbs of the big commercial rolls (24"? dia) then sealed them in water proof tubes and stored them in the rafters of his garage. He had to use a forklift to get them up there. I imagine it would take his family their entire lifetimes to use that all up.

While I think the current scare is overblown, the way people are acting now it's not too much of a leap to see some segments of the population looting and rioting in the near future because, well, that's what they're well known for.

D07CB6E0-E8C1-4700-B39A-083C27268C94.jpeg

11 hours ago, socaldmax said:

Wouldn’t it be ironic if that TP saved for an emergency fell on his fool head in an earthquake? :bigrin 

We grow our own in the south. 

372FE3EE-04B4-4EBB-A07E-9FFB551486A3.jpeg

I was @ my local O'reilly's ,  getting a few things to fire up my old tractor that has been sitting for a few years, and the manager of the store walks out with a case of TP from the store and shoves it in her car.. The other employees were giving her the business,telling  her she's part of the problem.. And she is .. 

22 hours ago, socaldmax said:

The Amish?

On 3/12/2020 at 8:59 PM, donparscale said:

Game changer. My a$$hole is nice and shiny now haaahha

14 minutes ago, donparscale said:

image.thumb.png.a3b03ccf588a34d3e2fe6301020ea4ce.png

"Essential Wisdom" :rotf:

5 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

IMG_0094.jpg

This is the one and only good post I have ever seen you do. Maybe comedy is your calling.  Not economics. 

41 minutes ago, B0NES said:

This is the one and only good post I have ever seen you do. Maybe comedy is your calling.  Not economics. 

That's to be determined...