rbbug

KSC front spindle type

Hello, I just bought a KSC and wanted to buy some front wheels but I don’t know what type of spindles the car has. I am a newbie to the  buggy world, just sold my RZR 1000 and can’t wait to try this new car out. Any info would be much appreciated. 

We need pics, hard to tell you correctly otherwise, the previous owner may have upgraded since new.  Does it have front brakes? Does it have multiple  lug nuts or a center nut on the wheel bearings? 

Posted (edited)

They should be combo spindles and VW, aka "wide 5"or 5x205, bolt pattern for the wheels. 

Edited by spills310

Here’s some pictures 9F8F903B-3561-4C74-884C-1091509DB4AB.thumb.jpeg.5de739e4c271340a5475e2431fafdf0e.jpeg

3C9589E1-DC9A-4B20-908B-B9AB9B120F20.jpeg

ADC4946D-C8F7-4AFB-9655-83A1E63E3F1C.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I think you need to pull a wheel and see bearing surface to tell. You could have combos and spindle mount wheels, just need to see stubs. Actually just need to remove big nut on wheel then we can see shaft size.

Edited by richard h

Ok, I’ll do that today and take another picture. Thanks 

Does this help at all? 

image.jpg

16 minutes ago, rbbug said:

Does this help at all? 

image.jpg

Remove the nut. Looking to see if threads and first surface are close to same size or if there is a step up in size.

Posted (edited)

You are committed to spindle mount wheels unless you put hubs on and then go with wide 5 bolt patterns@205mm. Looking to see if you go with hubs which bearing you would want. Combo or type one. Either will fit in hubs, spindle shaft will determine which one. 

Missed what your goal was for wheel change. Either way if you are going 5x205 hubs or spindle mount wheels you should be able to remove the bearings ang races and reinstall on whatever you choose.

Edited by richard h

Mine both ways, same spindle.

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

004.JPG

Thank you for the help! 

Posted (edited)

Thanks, I was thinking of getting some other wheels for backups. Also looks like my radiator is leaking in the top corners behind the gussets. Once it gets up to temperature it steams from there. Is there a place where I can order up a new one? Doesn’t look like it can be fixed since it’s behind the corner gussets. This is all new for me, before I could just look up RZR and find everything I needed. Thanks again for all of the help. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by rbbug

I think I recall @LRS mention Burbank radiator service. Give them a call if you’re it too far from them. 

20 hours ago, rbbug said:

Thank you for the help! 

The cars came with combo spindles. 

****Driver side spindle nut is reverse thread!!!! Lefty loosey won’t work on the driver side spindle nut. ***

They are VW spindle mount wheels. Less and less common. What most do is get a hub adapter which stays on the spindle (bearings and all) and has lug nuts like your rear wheels have. There is a post above showing a “wide 5” VW wheel with the hub adapter. 

Problem you have now is if you want to pull the wheel for something, you are taking off the spindle nut and the bearings. That means a greasy mess. With the hub adapter, that all stays put until it’s time to service the bearings. 

New hub adapter will require new wheels.   

Give Kirk's radiator a call they are in Santee.  619-562-8383  They have made and fixed a couple radiators for me.    

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all of the help so far. When ever I buy something, I want to get it perfect before I take it out and it seems that I will have a little time now that the desert is shut down. My next goal is to get the shocks serviced and I would like to know if I should have them revalved while they have them apart or if the king shock are set up good stock for the car.  Any advice would be helpful, and I want to thank everyone for the help so far.

Edited by rbbug

Get your shocks done. The KSC  cars a a bit of the back bucking.