Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Make sure to add the holes that way it will fill with water so you do not have to vacuum fill it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, J Alper said:

Make sure to add the holes that way it will fill with water so you do not have to vacuum fill it.  

Add holes to the t-stat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No holes needed. 
Jack the front of the car up. 
loosen the hose clamp on the upper radiator line at the motor. 
Fire it up. 
It will get hot, steam will come out where the hose clamp is lose. 
Shut it off. 
Let cool. 
Add coolant. 
Repeat. It will burp itself. 
Ive been doing this for years. No issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have aftermarket steam ports in the back and pull the pipe plugs out of each when filling and let air get out that way then put the plugs back in. 
I will say I did have issues before I put holes in the t stat like in the pictures on the first page so that is a must do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonesin' said:

Add holes to the t-stat? 

yes unlike most motors, the stat is on the inlet,

you can fill the water from the upper hose and bleed the air out of the steam ports by loosing them,

or just drill a couple of 1/8 holes like on page one, and this will make your life easy to fill the motor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lincster said:

No holes needed. 
Jack the front of the car up. 
loosen the hose clamp on the upper radiator line at the motor. 
Fire it up. 
It will get hot, steam will come out where the hose clamp is lose. 
Shut it off. 
Let cool. 
Add coolant. 
Repeat. It will burp itself. 
Ive been doing this for years. No issues. 

That is way more work than adding holes but both ways work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jetjock15 said:

That is way more work than adding holes but both ways work 

Holes or not, you still have to warm it up, let it cool, add coolant.  So most of my steps above have to be applied to either situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...