The NOOB

And the Great SxS Sell Off beginnnns...

2 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

Should be interesting.  Maybe I'll be able to get a new Turbo S for pennies on the dollar AND 0% (I don't like financing "toys"... but if it's "free money" it's a different story).  

-TJ

I saw that one of the manufactures was offering no payment the first 90 days.   I would think right now you could score a good deal on a Turbo S.  The dealers have be getting desperate to move units the longer this "stay at home" drags on. 

14 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

I saw that one of the manufactures was offering no payment the first 90 days.   I would think right now you could score a good deal on a Turbo S.  The dealers have be getting desperate to move units the longer this "stay at home" drags on. 

Term is "floor planning" bank comes to dealer every week to take inventory of unsold units to know what the charge is. Dealer I worked for described vehicles like cattle, except they eat his money everyday.

Posted (edited)

The flooring company already knows what is supposed to be in your inventory, as they have to approve the order before the manufacturer will ship. The floor checker comes to check for missing VINs to assure that they get paid off immediately, or as soon as they are funded by the finance company. They will ask to see signed loan docs to verify the delay is legitimate.  Some dealers delay warranty registering sold units to "buy time", and scam the flooring company. A fool's errand.

Edited by 1HasBeen

39 minutes ago, 1HasBeen said:

The flooring company already knows what is supposed to be in your inventory, as they have to approve the order before the manufacturer will ship. The floor checker comes to check for missing VINs to assure that they get paid off immediately, or as soon as they are funded by the finance company. They will ask to see signed loan docs to verify the delay is legitimate.  Some dealers delay warranty registering sold units to "buy time", and scam the flooring company. A fool's errand.

Funny you mention delaying warranty registration.   I had not clue mine was not registered until I needed to use it a little over a year later.   

33 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Funny you mention delaying warranty registration.   I had not clue mine was not registered until I needed to use it a little over a year later.   

Free extended warranty...

17 hours ago, spize909 said:

thus the need for full coverage insurance and the fire rate.....

We still insure ours, mainly because it's dirt cheap.  Nice thing about a mass manufactured vehicle is the insurance companies know what to value it at as opposed to stated value ($$$$$).

18 hours ago, spize909 said:

thus the need for full coverage insurance and the fire rate.....

Insurance is not required in California but I blows my mind that people for go getting newer toys insured. My behaviors driving my vehicles on road and off road are complete opposites 

@dbart if you’re fire selling your rhino because of the virus, I’ve always got a bug for buying 🦏’s 

5 minutes ago, Intro2Rhino said:

Insurance is not required in California but I blows my mind that people for go getting newer toys insured. My behaviors driving my vehicles on road and off road are complete opposites 

@dbart if you’re fire selling your rhino because of the virus, I’ve always got a bug for buying 🦏’s 

Not fire selling...I'll send you a PM.

:dbart:

38 minutes ago, dbart said:

Not fire selling...I'll send you a PM.

May want to consider other ways to describe a SxS sale besides "fire sale". Just saying.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, dbart said:

I'll be putting the trusty Rhino up for sale soon.

But that is to get into something new.

Just need to pay my truck off first. So I'll be out of the game for a little bit but it is for the greater good!

If anyone is looking for a solid 4-seater L/T, something your kids can learn to drive...hit me up.

We may be interested. My wife wants one

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

Free extended warranty...

The guy was back pedalling when I start questioning him on why the warranty company did not have my information.  Excuses after excuses 

Edited by Sand Shark

Im thinkin the car crash is comming. 

All these jku’s, f250, 2500s on 8 year loans are gonna start defaulting

4 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

They guy was back pedalling when I start questioning him on why the warranty company did not have my information.  Excuses after excuses 

That happened to me years ago. Bought a new ultra boat and they pocketed my $3800 and never purchased the warranty.  Heard it happened at a local honda dealer as well.  They sold hundreds of warranties and never purchased them.

48 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

We may be interested. My wife wants one

Ok, Cool.

Hit me up if you want to come check it out.

I do want to put a new belt on it just so whoever buys it has a new one.

1 hour ago, richard h said:

May want to consider other ways to describe a SxS sale besides "fire sale". Just saying.

LOL, it's not a polaris!

:lmao:

This is NOT a Fire Sale, I'm just wanting to upgrade.

26 minutes ago, dbart said:

Ok, Cool.

Hit me up if you want to come check it out.

I do want to put a new belt on it just so whoever buys it has a new one.

You actually change belts on a rhino?  lol!

34 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

You actually change belts on a rhino?  lol!

:kenk: Lol....

Yeah This will be the 3rd one. I blew one up in glamis. I still have the original belt from when I bought it. I changed it out after I bought then that one grenaded in glamis.  I'm just gonna put a new one in. I'd feel bad if someone where to go out first time it happened to let go.

1 hour ago, Southbayrhino22 said:

That happened to me years ago. Bought a new ultra boat and they pocketed my $3800 and never purchased the warranty.  Heard it happened at a local honda dealer as well.  They sold hundreds of warranties and never purchased them.

Obviously on "warranty registration" yore dealer may vary. If you have the documentation on your end, the dealer is still on the hook for repairs. There are mistakes at times (the Honda dealer comes to mind) from clerical error but either way, have your warranty docs in order and all is well, depending on the dealer, again. Easy day in court otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Remember all those people on the Wildcat forum bitching that their dealer didn't put in the PIN number?  Well, a few may have been oversight or incompetence, but the reality is to get the PIN the dealer had to warranty register the car with AC, which means the flooring company would have their hand out, so...

20 minutes ago, 1HasBeen said:

Remember all those people on the Wildcat forum bitching that their dealer didn't put in the PIN number?  Well, a few may have been oversight or incompetence, but the reality is to get the PIN the dealer had to warranty register the car with AC, which means the flooring company would have their hand out, so...

I remember reading something about that.   

5 hours ago, Intro2Rhino said:

so even if you finance through the dealer they don't require some kind of insurance? What is used for collateral?

We've only bought one new toy and we paid cash for it so I never had to deal with it.

1 hour ago, dbart said:

:kenk: Lol....

Yeah This will be the 3rd one. I blew one up in glamis. I still have the original belt from when I bought it. I changed it out after I bought then that one grenaded in glamis.  I'm just gonna put a new one in. I'd feel bad if someone where to go out first time it happened to let go.

Nicely done on taking out a belt in Glamis.  I was impressed my Rhino never blew a belt and the throttle rarely was not pressed to the floor in the dunes.   

Hopefully your new ride will be one of the turbo model SXSs.  

Just now, spize909 said:

so even if you finance through the dealer they don't require some kind of insurance? What is used for collateral?

We've only bought one new toy and we paid cash for it so I never had to deal with it.

I have never been asked for proof of insurance if I financed a SXS.   

4 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Nicely done on taking out a belt in Glamis.  I was impressed my Rhino never blew a belt and the throttle rarely was not pressed to the floor in the dunes.   

Hopefully your new ride will be one of the turbo model SXSs.  

That is the goal!

:cheers:

I know this isn’t the for sale portion of the forum but I can’t help myself but to contribute with the fire sale / CV Sale: 

2004 rhino 660 runs and drives but definitely not a looker 

$2500!!! I need cash 😂

89C36B1C-C907-4216-88BC-A990B1D2E977.jpeg