Bansh88

Garage/Bookshelf stereo wanted

My oldest daughter is turning 13 and she really wants a better stereo.   She is nuts for 80's New Wave.  She has stolen all my CD's and runing a chisny CD player/boombox.

Looking for a Head unit + CD player or a bookshelf system.  

Anyone in East County San Diego have something to let go?  

I'm not local to you at all by daughter is doing some spring cleaning and doesn't need this anymore if you want it.  Works fine, she's just always on her phone, iPad or Chromebook and doesn't use it anymore.

148180.jpeg

148178.jpeg

The two speakers are just sitting on top of the stereo while she paints her room.

I have a bunch of speakers from a surround sound you can have. The head unit is bad

Posted (edited)

Vintage Polk Monitor 4A bookshelf speakers are amazing. (You want the 4a vs the 4) . You will thank me. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpolk+audio+monitor+4a.TRS0&_nkw=polk+audio+monitor+4a&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=polk+audio+monitor+4

I have an old Onkyo receiver running a pair in the garage. Can crank it and great sound several doors down both ways. Neighbors love me. You can run them with anything.  I used to run an old 6 disc player but now no need with Google music and an Ipod. Not even Bluetooth but a simple din cord. You can buy a CD player dirt cheap.

Edited by onanysunday

Bluetooth and pandora????

3 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

Bluetooth and pandora????

My daughter loves playing CDs and listening to radio.

Sucks, I've given away and passed on stereo equipment over the last year. 

Posted (edited)

My wife had a bitchin 90s era 6 disk boom box stereo from when she was a teenager. We had it in the garage for years, but Since we dont get any radio stations up here i went to a tablet with pandora and computer speakers. We gave it away on the street a year or two ago.

that one LRS has looks legit. I’m sure you can get a postal on it. 

Edited by sausage450r

21 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

I'm not local to you at all by daughter is doing some spring cleaning and doesn't need this anymore if you want it.  Works fine, she's just always on her phone, iPad or Chromebook and doesn't use it anymore.

148180.jpeg

148178.jpeg

The two speakers are just sitting on top of the stereo while she paints her room.

If you think you're in SD anytime, let me know.  Mckenzie said she likes it!

17 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

If you think you're in SD anytime, let me know.  Mckenzie said she likes it!

Right on, I'll set it aside for you and hit you up next time I'm heading down that way.  

It's kinda funny- For months I've been asking my 14 yr old daughter to clean her room and throw out/donate of a bunch of stuff she never uses.  Due to COVID-19 her school is going to online classes starting next week, some of which will be a video chat platform of some sort.  Coincidentally she has been cleaning her room for the past three days and thrown out a lot of stuff.  Her room is now spotless and even her desk is cleaned off.  It just hit me that she cleaned her room because of the video chat and what her classmates will see in the background.

If you can get it near El Cajon, I can get it up the mtn. 

3 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

Right on, I'll set it aside for you and hit you up next time I'm heading down that way.  

It's kinda funny- For months I've been asking my 14 yr old daughter to clean her room and throw out/donate of a bunch of stuff she never uses.  Due to COVID-19 her school is going to online classes starting next week, some of which will be a video chat platform of some sort.  Coincidentally she has been cleaning her room for the past three days and thrown out a lot of stuff.  Her room is now spotless and even her desk is cleaned off.  It just hit me that she cleaned her room because of the video chat and what her classmates will see in the background.

Are you going to hang a Justin Beiber poster on the wall behind her during her video chat?

;)

@Bansh88 I'm heading down to Sand Diego this Thursday to pick up a car.  Not sure where exactly yet, but I can bring the radio if you still want it.  If we can't meet up I'm sure I can drop it off to someone local.

Yup, put me down to meet you in SD and I can run it over to Sausage in El Cajon if need be. 

12 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

@Bansh88 I'm heading down to Sand Diego this Thursday to pick up a car.  Not sure where exactly yet, but I can bring the radio if you still want it.  If we can't meet up I'm sure I can drop it off to someone local.

Man, good memory.  Daughter got one on her birthday so she has her tunes now.

I appreciate the diligence and the offer!  Same to you Chingon.  All yours if you want it.

Ah nah, I'm good. You guys have helped me plenty so I figured get outta the house for a bit. I've been cooped up enough already. Just learned my fairly new Civic that has been sitting for over a month lost all its freon. No A/C in a 3 yr old car is BS! Just out of factory warranty, go figure. Must be a small leak. Ahh hell. 

I'll take it if your coming by glendora I can meet you off of Grand. My shop stereo does not have bluetooth.. got to plug in my phone..  how lazy have I got :lol:

40 minutes ago, Stugots said:

I'll take it if your coming by glendora I can meet you off of Grand. My shop stereo does not have bluetooth.. got to plug in my phone..  how lazy have I got :lol:

Cool man, I'll text you Thursday.  Probably be toward the afternoon.

19 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

Cool man, I'll text you Thursday.  Probably be toward the afternoon.

Perfect, Thanks!!