Grease Monkey

Glamis to partially close areas of use. Effective immediately.

Per BLM

Screenshot_20200327-154347.png

Gecko closed but washes open? Makes about as much sense as everything else the government is doing. Have they barricaded gecko road? What about campers or ghost campers currently out on gecko road?

Maybe @Squatcher can help us understand currently what he is seeing. I believe he in on one of the pads.

Supreme Air is on pad 3 and gecko road is full. I don’t buy this

Screen shot from IG. 

6B0DD2DD-ECF2-48A0-AC90-EEA2CA716390.png

I’m at the Gecko campground on the hill that overlooks Gecko road and I’m seeing rigs still coming down Gecko road. 

just talked to a customer who said they have the signs out to not go in but that they are not there to enforce. They are probably doing the letter of the law, but doubt they will do anything

56 minutes ago, nickman123 said:

Gecko closed but washes open? Makes about as much sense as everything else the government is doing. Have they barricaded gecko road? What about campers or ghost campers currently out on gecko road?

Gecko and Osborn are areas that people typically cram in like sardines.  Not "spread out"..."social distance", "groups less than 10"..bobble head..bobble head...bobble head...  The washes are a different story.

If they want to play like they are limiting access, that's  how you do it without claiming to shut it down...

Is Glamis open?  Yes.

I heard that ALL city, state, federal parks will be closed. Blm land in nor ca is closed.  All open space parks around me are closed a/o 5:00 tonight.

Not so funny now 

Here in LA county they are pulling over rigs and asking where you are going  - they say they can "fine" up to $2500 has anyone gotten a fine?

8 minutes ago, fullthrottleguy said:

Here in LA county they are pulling over rigs and asking where you are going  - they say they can "fine" up to $2500 has anyone gotten a fine?

I just got a letter to carry in my Service truck that I’m required to be out to work on emergency projects.  

8 minutes ago, fullthrottleguy said:

"Who's" pulling rigs over? every PD that I've been in contact with has told their officers to have minimal contact with the public. As far as I know, there is no actual Order to stay home. If there is, I'd like to know more about it.

In nor cal, local PD is enforcing it and pulling people over.  Idk if they really know what's up because they showed up at one of my construction sites (which is classified as essential infrastructure as of now).

43 minutes ago, mrknnee said:

"Who's" pulling rigs over? every PD that I've been in contact with has told their officers to have minimal contact with the public. As far as I know, there is no actual Order to stay home. If there is, I'd like to know more about it.

I have gotten a few text pics from my buddies that do roofinig they are still working and driving the freeway,  I could not see the department on the car, but one was on the 405 and one was on the 91.   They said they probably will not be working too much longer as you can't pul new permits right now. 

From LA

The "safer at home" order is a legally enforceable order, according the city's website. "Failure to heed the order is a misdemeanor that can result in fines or jail time," it explained.

Ocotillo is closed for camping but trails are open for day use.  Probably will be the same.

Cant take my boat out fishing cause they shut down the ocean!  Now Plan B and play in the dunes/desert and thats freaking shut down also?!!! Talk about Cabin Fever! This shit blows.

Posted (edited)

if all u effers stay home and not get other peeps sick 

Edited by I'm Sorry

1 hour ago, fullthrottleguy said:

I have gotten a few text pics from my buddies that do roofinig they are still working and driving the freeway,  I could not see the department on the car, but one was on the 405 and one was on the 91.   They said they probably will not be working too much longer as you can't pul new permits right now. 

From LA

The "safer at home" order is a legally enforceable order, according the city's website. "Failure to heed the order is a misdemeanor that can result in fines or jail time," it explained.

I had a residential  inspection Wednesday in Newport, and a commercial inspection in Tustin Tuesday.  As of two days ago, I can schedule pulling a permit for approved plans on Tues and Thurs in Long Beach.

Damn!... I wanted to go to Johnson Valley maybe in a couple of weeks. Even had the bride on board.

I'll probably just chill ... I will go the 7 miles away to start my WW generator from time to time so it doesn't gum up.. don't have to worry about the batteries as the solar is RAGING.. 13.9+ everytime I go there. Heck I don't even run the gen to do the landing gear. 

Glad I have that system should I need to 'live' in it.

abc

Tons of people out and about in OC, LA & San Diego. I’ve been driving to job sites all week without any issues. Been working in down town LA with full time LAUSD inspectors on the job. San Diego job has 50-60 guys working. All our material suppliers are open and making deliveries as usual. The last 2 days there seem to be even more people out. 

Given to us to carry at all times....

4AD1905A-F837-4EA7-9A86-7E0D9B3FDFD4.jpeg

1 hour ago, fullthrottleguy said:

From LA

Believe me, I'm staying at home. I'm just curious if this is enforceable,,,,,, yet.  Within the city limits of L.A., it looks as if it is.  I know for sure where I live, it is not. Hopefully everyone is staying home so we can get through this. To make things worse, I just got notice from So. Cal Edison, that they'll be doing maintenance in the very near future, and our power will be off for the day. The whole family will be home, can't go anywhere and no power. there'll be some heavy drinking going on that day......

Keep posting pictures and saying stupid shit on the weak ass Glamis facebook pages and they'll close it all down.....