Grease Monkey

Glamis to partially close areas of use. Effective immediately.

4 minutes ago, spize909 said:

Keep posting pictures and saying stupid shit on the weak ass Glamis facebook pages and they'll close it all down.....

A fool utters all his mind.

Hey Ya'll! We have upgraded to a diesel pusher from our WW 5th wheel and have been camping along Gecko, Pads, or RR.  With the Gecko Rd closure, how are the flats for a heavy MH?  Is it hard packed enough to drive on with out 4WD?

Just drive around the sign in Gecko.

BLM is driving around and nicely asking everyone camped on Gecko Rd to start packing up and leaving.

18 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Damn!... I wanted to go to Johnson Valley maybe in a couple of weeks. Even had the bride on board.

I'll probably just chill ... I will go the 7 miles away to start my WW generator from time to time so it doesn't gum up.. don't have to worry about the batteries as the solar is RAGING.. 13.9+ everytime I go there. Heck I don't even run the gen to do the landing gear. 

Glad I have that system should I need to 'live' in it.

abc

Johnson Valley not closed. BLM campgrounds are closed but not dry camping. If you still want to go and are concerned, hit me up and you can stay at our place. We are at the end of Larrea Road which is across 247 from Boone road. You can ride to Pioneertown from there over the mountains. Pappy and Harriets serving take out food. We were just there yesterday.

3 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

BLM is driving around and nicely asking everyone camped on Gecko Rd to start packing up and leaving.

Yes they are and leave in the morning or expect a ticket 😡

On 3/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, Grease Monkey said:

Maybe @Squatcher can help us understand currently what he is seeing. I believe he in on one of the pads.

Rangers came by today ask her to pack up and I'll be gone by tomorrow night. Was real cool about it asked him they wanted condenser Us in the smaller areas he said they didn't want to close anything but just did gecko everything else is going to be open. 

8 hours ago, b1stin said:

Hey Ya'll! We have upgraded to a diesel pusher from our WW 5th wheel and have been camping along Gecko, Pads, or RR.  With the Gecko Rd closure, how are the flats for a heavy MH?  Is it hard packed enough to drive on with out 4WD?

You can drive your pusher on vendor row a lot of the washes cement Flats no problem plenty of areas for you to camp

1 hour ago, Squatcher said:

You can drive your pusher on vendor row a lot of the washes cement Flats no problem plenty of areas for you to camp

Ground is pretty firm right now with all the recent rain as well. 

We were on a run this afternoon  but the Rangers came by  and told  someone in our group to be out in the morning. Heading to the washes. Dunes are wrecked from all the people here.

Rangers have been very nice about it.  Stated that they had no planes to do anything but were forced to with the “improved campground” shut down ordeal.  We have all been told politely to be out by tomorrow afternoon. 

This is just a perfect picture or stupidity...…...Gecko closed but go over there it's open....so it's obviously just a dog and pony show and has nothing to do with reality..... Where are the mounds of bodies????????? 2500 people in a country of 340 Million. ?

1 hour ago, realbadlarry said:

This is just a perfect picture or stupidity...…...Gecko closed but go over there it's open....so it's obviously just a dog and pony show and has nothing to do with reality..... Where are the mounds of bodies????????? 2500 people in a country of 340 Million. ?

stay home so U don't get us sick........

2 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

Ask the people of New York if they think all this is stupid or all the medical professionals in New York.  

Only reason Gecko is closed is because it is considered an improved camping area.  BLM closed all improved camping areas nationwide.   

Posted (edited)

Really what don't people get, It's easy to understand. 

115862371_Image3-29-20at10_55AM.thumb.jpg.93ee7e466ee2e024417ed04b6c86c35d.jpg

Edited by Roaddog

4 minutes ago, Roaddog said:

Really? What don't people get.....let's make it easy to understand. 

115862371_Image3-29-20at10_55AM.thumb.jpg.93ee7e466ee2e024417ed04b6c86c35d.jpg

Do we do this with the flu?

Karen got Syphilis yesterday but won't know for 21 days.

Karen gets flirty and infects 10 more people.

Karen be a Ho.

10 hours ago, realbadlarry said:

They closed it so someone can tell their boss, this is what I did to fight the Chinese Virus.

I saw MWB point out on Facebook all the jerkoffs posting pictures from the hills, in crowds and such.  Good work retards.  I'm sure someone called in complaints.

8 hours ago, ATC340PVR said:

Do we do this with the flu?

No.

Most cases are not being reported as extra care is not being required for those cases. Still it is highly likely to be spread to others and some will require help. Yes I do know people who have had this.

2 hours ago, aceisback said:

Karen got Syphilis yesterday but won't know for 21 days.

Karen gets flirty and infects 10 more people.

Karen be a Ho.

LOL

Here is the Emergency Closure of selected Public Lands in CA.

Note: Following the COVID-19 guidance from the Center for Disease Control and from state and local public health authorities, the BLM is temporarily closing DEVELOPED campgrounds and recreation sites in CA to limit the spread of the virus.

For the Barstow Field Office, the emergency closure applies to the Desert Discovery Center and the Sawtooth, Owl Canyon, and Afton Canyon DEVELOPED campgrounds.

Visitors may continue to enjoy dispersed camping and hiking on BLM managed lands, as well as recreating at the 5 Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Areas; Dumont Dunes, El Mirage, Johnson Valley, Stoddard Valley and Rasor.

Although the Barstow Field Office is closed, BLM staff is continuing to work remotely during regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm, and regularly checking voicemail messages. 

Thanks @dunefreak for the great info.

Just got home fro glamis and holy crap it was packed like a holiday weekend, dunes are tore up. The BLM Rangers came into camp and where very cool to all of us on Saturday afternoon and asked us how long we planned on staying, we where leaving on sunday anyway but again they where very cool. Until next year.. party on time to hit the river...