mike dee

Just out of curiosity...

BBB got tested and came back + for being pregnant 

Don't know anyone that has gotten it. 

Co-worker an I got sick about 4 weeks ago after riding in a truck together.  Fever and cough.  I felt like shit for about 3 days, him about a week.

We joke that it was Wuhan Flu.  None of our families or other co-workers got it.

Good friend of mine in Tustin is on 14 day lock down. Daughters friend was over and she tested positive about a week later so they are playing the waiting game.

Our Service Manager and his son woke up last Monday feeling sick. They have been  off and on sick for the last week.  Dr told them he could test them if they wanted but made no difference they are now on 14 day home quarantine.  They did not have contact with me ar any customers for a week previous.  They were working by themselves on a project.......

Girlfriend who has 3 of the underlying conditions that make her a prime candidate to die from this  had a asthma attack that was pretty severe and had to call paramedics.  They rushed her to the ER. She was in the Hospital for 3 days.  They released her and was waiting for the results to see if she had it.  During this time she took on the attitude that she was strong enough to fight it ( she's not) and that once she got it she wouldn't be able to get it again.  So lets get this over, until when the Doctor called to give her her test results told her if she got it and survived the chances are pretty good she would be on oxygen for the rest of her life if she survived.  She has changed her tune now, won't even come over to my house.

Family Friend, elderly man that was in a Senior Assisted Living Home is now in Isolation / Hospice care, spent 8 days in ICU and there is nothing left they can do for him. He will be on a ventilator until he passes away, which they feel will be this week. His family is heartbroken, nobody can even see him and he will pass away alone.

Just because you don't know anyone personally YET, doesn't make it any less real. Most healthy people will be just fine, that is NOT who is at risk, but they sure as hell will pass COVID-19 around like wild fire.

My Dad goes in for surgery this Wednesday for Cancer in one of his kidneys, partial removal of the kidney and his #1 biggest fear over the cancer is contracting COVID-19 while he is at the hospital. If all goes 100% well he will go in, come home same day then go on 14 day lock-down at home.

8 minutes ago, MWB said:

Our Service Manager and his son woke up last Monday feeling sick. They have been  off and on sick for the last week.  Dr told them he could test them if they wanted but made no difference they are now on 14 day home quarantine.  They did not have contact with me ar any customers for a week previous.  They were working by themselves on a project.......

Girlfriend who has 3 of the underlying conditions that make her a prime candidate to die from this  had a asthma attack that was pretty severe and had to call paramedics.  They rushed her to the ER. She was in the Hospital for 3 days.  They released her and was waiting for the results to see if she had it.  During this time she took on the attitude that she was strong enough to fight it ( she's not) and that once she got it she wouldn't be able to get it again.  So lets get this over, until when the Doctor called to give her her test results told her if she got it and survived the chances are pretty good she would be on oxygen for the rest of her life if she survived.  She has changed her tune now, won't even come over to my house.

Yup. When you get COVID-19 the biggest issue is that the atrophy of the lungs is super fast and cause irreversible damage. Having COVID-19 will change your health permanently to different degrees and your GF with underlying conditions has to take that into account. Our friends Dr. explained once you get on ventilation (For elderly) it was to work at a level equivalent of running a marathon. You can't simply get off the machine at that point, you'll be gasping for oxygen.

No one I know. DON~~~

We know someone who's good friend died from it. contracted it while on a trip to Florida, got sick, returned home, and died @ 39 yrs old. 

To doubt this shit even one bit is straight ignorance! 

A co-worker had to leave work last Wednesday due to emergency, his older son was getting rushed to the hospital.  He got to the hospital but couldn't see his son as he was isolated.  The son tested positive and passed away yesterday afternoon - he never got to see him before he passed.  

2 hours ago, BW Willy said:

A co-worker had to leave work last Wednesday due to emergency, his older son was getting rushed to the hospital.  He got to the hospital but couldn't see his son as he was isolated.  The son tested positive and passed away yesterday afternoon - he never got to see him before he passed.  

So sad. Unfortunately that is what's going on with people who are placed in senior homes / hospice.

Will keep everyone in my prayers. 

21 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

Family Friend, elderly man that was in a Senior Assisted Living Home is now in Isolation / Hospice care, spent 8 days in ICU and there is nothing left they can do for him. He will be on a ventilator until he passes away, which they feel will be this week. His family is heartbroken, nobody can even see him and he will pass away alone.

Just because you don't know anyone personally YET, doesn't make it any less real. Most healthy people will be just fine, that is NOT who is at risk, but they sure as hell will pass COVID-19 around like wild fire.

My Dad goes in for surgery this Wednesday for Cancer in one of his kidneys, partial removal of the kidney and his #1 biggest fear over the cancer is contracting COVID-19 while he is at the hospital. If all goes 100% well he will go in, come home same day then go on 14 day lock-down at home.

My father in law also goes into surgery for cancer on Wednesday. I wouldn't worry about him getting the virus there. My wife is a nurse and shes been telling me about all of the precautions they are taking. For instance, you won't be able to visit him at all(at least at Memorial and hopefully your dads). You drop him off and say goodbye. New deliveries (where my wife works) can have 1 and one only visitor the whole time they are there. Theres no "my mom will be here and then she leaves and husband comes". Nope. You get one visitor so choose wisely..

8 hours ago, Chingon619 said:

I think what people are doubting ( myself included ) is that this will kill half the population on earth. 

The media is wrong about 99% of the time so they are hard to trust. 

Very real and very sad but not the end of the world. 

5 minutes ago, badgas said:

I think what people are doubting ( myself included ) is that this will kill half the population on earth. 

The media is wrong about 99% of the time so they are hard to trust. 

Very real and very sad but not the end of the world. 

Agree the media is garbage but I must have missed anyone reporting this will kill half the population on earth.  

Just now, BW Willy said:

Agree the media is garbage but I must have missed anyone reporting this will kill half the population on earth.  

I think you know what I'm talking about ? The constant doom and gloom, zero reporting on anything positive. Just the standard fear based BS they always spew. I get it, it is their job to keep everyone terrified and locked to the TV. And yes they are garbage.  

8 minutes ago, badgas said:

I think you know what I'm talking about ? The constant doom and gloom, zero reporting on anything positive. Just the standard fear based BS they always spew. I get it, it is their job to keep everyone terrified and locked to the TV. And yes they are garbage.  

Yes, I get it.  I also think this isn't just the "flu", isn't a hoax - it hits home when people in your circles lives are changed.  I get it that many people haven't seen that so far and I hope they never do.  But it doesn't make it any less real.   

Actually it was your governor last night that made the most thoughtful and well stated comment on this. If everyone will do there part we will crush this disease. The numbers being forecast will be totally wrong.

17 minutes ago, BW Willy said:

Yes, I get it.  I also think this isn't just the "flu", isn't a hoax - it hits home when people in your circles lives are changed.  I get it that many people haven't seen that so far and I hope they never do.  But it doesn't make it any less real.   

Agree

19 minutes ago, richard h said:

Actually it was your governor last night that made the most thoughtful and well stated comment on this. If everyone will do there part we will crush this disease. The numbers being forecast will be totally wrong.

Our President has been saying the same thing and thanking us for doing our part to stay home.

6 minutes ago, badgas said:

Our President has been saying the same thing and thanking us for doing our part to stay home.

I understand staying at home helps prevent the spread. But are we supposed to stay at home forever? What makes this virus just die. Not being sarcastic. Just trying to figure out how if I’m going outside in 2 or 3 months from now how I won’t catch it. 

23 hours ago, MWB said:

Did the doctor tell her that "she could be on oxygen the rest of her life if she survived it" because of pre-existing conditions? 

Good luck to her.

9 hours ago, Chingon619 said:

I don’t think anyone doubts this is deadly. Just that it’s worth tearing down western democracy over. If we all shelter in place and the United States goes so far into debt investors in the dollar go elsewhere, how many will die due to the collapse of this country? 

I know people who died of that crazy flu that went around a couple of years ago as well. Hell, I wondered if that one was gonna do me in I felt so terrible. 

Point is: given a long enough timeline, the survivability rate for everyone drops to zero. Do we want to spend that time in our houses for a year? Do you?  I’ll tell you this: even the worst case scenarios for this  virus won’t result in a 1/80th (life expectancy is 80 here) loss in life. 

BTW: if the FDA had gotten the F out of the way, we wouldn’t have had to shut the country down. South Korea didn’t. 

Got a buddy who is a medical officer on the Theodore Roosevelt and was one of the first to get it.  He is in quarantine in Guam now.  Said it felt like he was hit by a truck for 5 days straight, and then after that felt fine (except for runny nose).  They were in Vietnam about 3 weeks ago. He thinks that's were it was picked up, but not sure.

First off the numbers are being spread by the Press....so we know we can't believe them. I mean if it was really as bad as they say, would CBS have had to use a photo of an Italian hospital instead of one in New York?  The stories of people dying from this leave out all kinds of information of their prior conditions. Nobody will say if these people had got hit by the flu bug if they would die as well? 

I don't think people know how badly this is hurting the economy. We are going into a Depression...not a recession.  It is going to be really, really bad with  47 million people out of work and no jobs.

The public shaming of people who just don't believe everything the press says is astounding.  This information is coming from the  same people who said that the ICE caps would be gone 10 years ago.  I'm sure this is a horrible virus and people will die,  I just don't think it is worth destroying our way of life.