Jump to content
mike dee

Just out of curiosity...

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Ok sad updated one of the brothers has passed Tommy will be missed RIP

Wow so sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity how old was he and how was his health prior to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nic said:

Wow so sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity how old was he and how was his health prior to this?

He was about 58 but the real issue I think is he weighed about 500 lb and I saw a doctor on TV say the death rate for people with a BMI over 30  or diabetes with the Kung Flu was much higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an earthquake yesterday late afternoon, the news...NBC had a hard time reporting it. Lol. I think the lady was twitching because 5 minutes went by and they didn’t update us on the corona virus situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, TD said:

There was an earthquake yesterday late afternoon, the news...NBC had a hard time reporting it. Lol. I think the lady was twitching because 5 minutes went by and they didn’t update us on the corona virus situation. 

Yup, I noticed that too...

Dave Chappelle Tyrone Biggums GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 9:45 AM, matt86m said:

Good friend of mine in Tustin is on 14 day lock down. Daughters friend was over and she tested positive about a week later so they are playing the waiting game.

Good news. Buddy's daughters, friends, test came back negative. I thought she had tested positive so correction. She had symptoms and they told her to notify everyone she had contact with. So now they are in the clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found out today my sister-in-law has it. Been sick for week and a half, tested positive for Covid. 

She works in admin at a hospital in South Bay - She's not sure where she contracted it. Now her husband (my wifes brother) and their son (14) are 

locked down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found out from my sister in law Anika, Her sister Mila's In-Laws have it. 

They are in their 80's. Mr. Renkin has been sick for a few months and now just tested positive for Covid and Mrs Renkin has it too. They are in Lockdown in Newport Beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 10:08 AM, MWB said:

Our Service Manager and his son woke up last Monday feeling sick. They have been  off and on sick for the last week.  Dr told them he could test them if they wanted but made no difference they are now on 14 day home quarantine.  They did not have contact with me ar any customers for a week previous.  They were working by themselves on a project.......

 

So during there 14 day quarantine they used up all of there remaining sick time and vacation time the first week, the second week they turned in time cards with more sick time and more vacation time.  My boss said sorry you guys are out of hours.  They said what about the bailout checks?  Boss told them he didn't plan on asking for any bail out programs, We have work on the books and it needs to get completed.  So if you  have met all of the CDC's recommendations that say you can return to work we will see you on Monday. Monday we don't here anything from them Tuesday he sends an E-mail saying they were sick still and probably going to the ER.

So I call the customer to let them know what is going on and find out that they called him and said they would not be back until my boss pays them for being sick.  Now mind you they told us the first week they couldn't get in to get tested is what they told us and that the doctor just told them over the phone that s soon as they met the CDC's requirements they could go back to work.

 

Looking for a new service manager as soon as this BS ends is what I see the prognosis being 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MWB said:

So during there 14 day quarantine they used up all of there remaining sick time and vacation time the first week, the second week they turned in time cards with more sick time and more vacation time.  My boss said sorry you guys are out of hours.  They said what about the bailout checks?  Boss told them he didn't plan on asking for any bail out programs, We have work on the books and it needs to get completed.  So if you  have met all of the CDC's recommendations that say you can return to work we will see you on Monday. Monday we don't here anything from them Tuesday he sends an E-mail saying they were sick still and probably going to the ER.

So I call the customer to let them know what is going on and find out that they called him and said they would not be back until my boss pays them for being sick.  Now mind you they told us the first week they couldn't get in to get tested is what they told us and that the doctor just told them over the phone that s soon as they met the CDC's requirements they could go back to work.

 

Looking for a new service manager as soon as this BS ends is what I see the prognosis being 

Never understood why people never leave a little cushion for sick/vacation time in case some shit goes down.  Less than a week of vacation/sick time isn't leaving much margin for error, especially in a non desk job, and doubly so if you're a contractor.  I've had guys run their PTO down to zero, then get sick and come in when sick and infect the whole damned team so I stopped approving vacations if there's less than 3 days of PTO on your books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to send home one of my employees yesterday for 2 weeks, (my company is offering 80hrs of sick during this time in anything related to COVID, NO QUESTIONS ASKED) hes extremely over weight, eats like shit and is a full on diabetic.  His uncle has passed from COVID and has 3 other family members that are now in ICU with it that he has had contact with.  Cant help to be a little pissed for him putting myself and family at possible risk let alone the entire company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, Bansh88 said:

I'm somewhat worried about all these folks, not working (if they were working in the first place) whom start receiving checks and freebies are gonna jump on the Bernie/Socialism train.

The good part is Bernie campaign is gone as of today. DON~~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when this began and the experts warned about this "going through the homeless population like wildfire"?

I've heard nothing of the sort so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ no but I hear it's running rampant through a Honda Dealer in National City as I post this. Greedy eff*tards! I'm so glad I worked for an outfit that cares enough to shut down. I was out regardless, no job is worth the risk when dealing with general public. 

 

 

Screenshot_20200408-113016_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200408-115723_Facebook.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 6:10 PM, mike dee said:

Do you personally  know anyone with the Corona virus?

Yes, 3. One is a 73 yr old cancer patient and contracted it from the attended hospital(here in LA), He was however sent home after a little over a week to recover at home. 2 in NY, one from my office there is a 40 yr old new dad to twins who self isolated then got his test results back as positive but was already on the mend. & Lastly another elderly gent(the dad of another employee in our NY office) and he's currently on a ventilator with a grim prognosis...  But on the flip side I know a few nurses that are saying their hours are being cut because the facility they work in is empty.  I believe it's real, but not in the capacity they're making it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, TD said:

There was an earthquake yesterday late afternoon, the news...NBC had a hard time reporting it. Lol. I think the lady was twitching because 5 minutes went by and they didn’t update us on the corona virus situation. 

 

On 4/6/2020 at 11:41 AM, CRUSTY said:

Yup, I noticed that too...

Dave Chappelle Tyrone Biggums GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

You guys still watch msm? I'm surprised considering they couldn't find the truth if it were a truck hitch that had just bit em in the shin :dunno:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orange_R said:

 

You guys still watch msm? I'm surprised considering they couldn't find the truth if it were a truck hitch that had just bit em in the shin :dunno:  

What is msm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main Stream Media?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orange_R said:

Yes, 3. One is a 73 yr old cancer patient and contracted it from the attended hospital(here in LA), He was however sent home after a little over a week to recover at home. 2 in NY, one from my office there is a 40 yr old new dad to twins who self isolated then got his test results back as positive but was already on the mend. & Lastly another elderly gent(the dad of another employee in our NY office) and he's currently on a ventilator with a grim prognosis...  But on the flip side I know a few nurses that are saying their hours are being cut because the facility they work in is empty.  I believe it's real, but not in the capacity they're making it out to be.

Hearing the same.  

Unfortunately, most of the news orgs are in NYC, where they've neglected their healthcare system for decades now.  Kind of like our water crisis here being "climate change" despite the fact that we haven't added a drop of stored water despite the population doubling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbart said:

Main Stream Media?

Honest reporters, all of them...  For example:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/emergency-doctors-hospitals-losing-pay-covid/index.html

Quote

Some ER doctors are losing pay and hours even as coronavirus rages

ZOMG!  ER doctors getting laid off?!!?  But CORONAVIRUS!

Oh, wait:

Quote

Last week, the doctor saw just five to 10 patients during one shift, as opposed to 25 to 30 people prior to the outbreak, though the numbers picked up this week.

You mean, Doctors are seeing less than a third of what they usually see and we're surprised that they're being sent home? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Honest reporters, all of them...  For example:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/emergency-doctors-hospitals-losing-pay-covid/index.html

ZOMG!  ER doctors getting laid off?!!?  But CORONAVIRUS!

Oh, wait:

You mean, Doctors are seeing less than a third of what they usually see and we're surprised that they're being sent home? 

Last week I had to go to Children's Hospital LA - TWICE, ugh. But everything is ok.

Each time I was able to park in the 1st level of the parking structure....this structure normally requires  valet service to double stack the cars, and still runs out of space.

So keep in mind only MEDICALLY NECESSARY care is being done right now. Inside was empty, like a Sunday night after-hours (Ghost town).

 

Warts on your nose, New Teeth veneers, etc are gonna have to wait.  Does not mean this Virus isn't a real threat. Could the .GOV handle it different?, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Last week I had to go to Children's Hospital LA - TWICE, ugh. But everything is ok.

Each time I was able to park in the 1st level of the parking structure....this structure normally requires  valet service to double stack the cars, and still runs out of space.

So keep in mind only MEDICALLY NECESSARY care is being done right now. Inside was empty, like a Sunday night after-hours (Ghost town).

 

Warts on your nose, New Teeth veneers, etc are gonna have to wait.  Does not mean this Virus isn't a real threat. Could the .GOV handle it different?, of course.

Agree. Merely pointing out that the news we all know is nothing but 24/7 gossip train and political mouthpiece has somehow been treated as authoritative and different when it comes to Covid-19 coverage.  Remember the continuous coverage of Italian and NYC "battlefield triage in the ER!!!" and how this would be the case all across the US?  This article is more of the same: lots of ZOMG! opinions in the headlines and not so bad facts hidden throughout.   

Glad to see things are looking up, just gotta dig through the manure a little to see the sunshine. :bigrin 

Edited by Rockwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...