Sign in to follow this  
Cookie

Need Storage that can receive shipments

Good news, I still have a job, but it is changing a bit...……...all good.  That being said I need storage, roughly around 500 sq feet.  My problem, I need someone there to receive shipments periodically.  I work out of my house, and don't want these shipments coming here, so they need to ship where I am going to store my work stuff.  So my questions for the experts of GD.com:

Are there storage facilities that can also receive shipment M-F?  

It needs to be in SW Riverside: Corona, Temecula, Menifee area.

What type of shipments. Pallets, boxes?

if the stuff is "white" i'll get it handled for ya  image.png.e44014007c357bf8d5c3f15e408413d3.png

16 hours ago, ahipara 55 said:

What type of shipments. Pallets, boxes?

Boxes, at the most they would be 50lbs, most would be smaller.

First off, If I lived i SW Riverside: Corona, Temecula, Menifee area, had HS Teenager sitting at home and most of all the empty storage/garage space...I would have my kid do it to make a little $$.

Right?

I don't live in that area, but somebody here does and just might have the space and a bored Teenager that could be productive, make a little $.

Why don’t you want them going to your house? Risk of exposure? Unsafe materials? What happens to the boxes once received and stored? How secure does it need to be? I live in SW Riverside. Between Pierce and McKinley off the 91. My 15 year old son can accept packages and store them if need be. He’s looking for extra cash. 

49 minutes ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

Why don’t you want them going to your house? Risk of exposure? Unsafe materials? What happens to the boxes once received and stored? How secure does it need to be? I live in SW Riverside. Between Pierce and McKinley off the 91. My 15 year old son can accept packages and store them if need be. He’s looking for extra cash. 

I only have a two car garage, and within a couple of weeks I could receive over 100 boxes.  Just not enough space.  I would rely on a teenager, but I have been down that route before, usually teenagers are only a solution to a short term problem.  I need a long term solution.  The storage will be paid by my company.  

Now I am finding out the storage places that can receive shipments have shut that down due to the Corona Virus...……….

9 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I only have a two car garage, and within a couple of weeks I could receive over 100 boxes.  Just not enough space.  I would rely on a teenager, but I have been down that route before, usually teenagers are only a solution to a short term problem.  I need a long term solution.  The storage will be paid by my company.  

Now I am finding out the storage places that can receive shipments have shut that down due to the Corona Virus...……….

Gotcha. Crappy situation to be in. Good luck. Hope you find a place. There’s a storage place off River Walk I believe. Don’t remember the name. Try calling them. 

22 minutes ago, Cookie said:

So your looking for a Mail Boxes Ect...... on Steroids

I ran my business out of Daytona RV And Boat Storage in Perris, Ca for a bit. I have a 14x90' unit and a 14x45 unit and they're reasonably priced. We used to receive container shipments all the time.  Its a gated facility so someone will need to be there to open the gate. Its open 24hrs which is nice too.

You got room for a shipping container at your house. Temporary solution unless you have an hoa

Posted (edited)

Google Public Warehousing in Riverside. There will be a few choices. The issue is your very small, not sure if they have a minimum. This is what I do but on a much larger scale. If you start the process somewhere and need help with how it works just let me know.

Edited by Ifly

most storages will accept packages on your behalf

We could do this but we would probably suck all the profit

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:42 AM, MWB said:

So your looking for a Mail Boxes Ect...... on Steroids

Pretty much

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 12:04 PM, Blue-Jay said:

I ran my business out of Daytona RV And Boat Storage in Perris, Ca for a bit. I have a 14x90' unit and a 14x45 unit and they're reasonably priced. We used to receive container shipments all the time.  Its a gated facility so someone will need to be there to open the gate. Its open 24hrs which is nice too.

This might be a perfect example, I will call them