Sign in to follow this  
sierra4x4

Hodge Road

Thinking about doing some plinking this weekend. Haven’t been there in awhile. Outside of the current coronavirus closures is it still open? 

should not be effected there its not really a deveolped site but i would drive about 25-30 min further and be by yourselves and not worrying about others unskilled shooting antics.Check your dm ill send you directions to a better spot.

Last time I was shooting at hodge I felt so unsafe lots of morons drinking with guns 

That’s the last place I would go. 

I've heard that place mentioned a thousand times in Calguns.  Mostly as a mess and ghetto favorite.

1 hour ago, Bansh88 said:

I've heard that place mentioned a thousand times in Calguns.  Mostly as a mess and ghetto favorite.

It’s true never shot there but driven past it total crap show

On 4/1/2020 at 5:30 AM, Bansh88 said:

I went once, I’m not much of a fan of having loaded weapons pointed at me and numerous ricochets. Nobody aims they are just there to pull the trigger. I left after few minutes. 
I have a spot I go to that is shot gun only. I go out there to sight in and check zero do a few drills and get out. 

my AR’s don’t leave the safe anymore these days...:wink:

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BLDrinker said:

I went once, I’m not much of a fan of having loaded weapons pointed at me and numerous ricochets. Nobody aims they are just there to pull the trigger. I left after few minutes. 
I have a spot I go to that is shot gun only. I go out there to sight in and check zero do a few drills and get out. 

my AR’s don’t leave the safe anymore these days...:wink:

That Sucks!! Probably been about 10 years since I’ve been shooting out there, I usually go to the area in Lucerne valley on the back side of Big Bear but its a little far for a turnaround. How about Mule Canyon behind Calico? 

Edited by sierra4x4

When I lived in California, I'd just drive to Inglewood and shoot at the range in Centinela Park. It's named Edward Vincent Jr. Park now.  Anybody remember that range?

Never heard of Hodge Road.      So I looked it up. Seems nice..................................

Screenshot (8).jpg

Screenshot (4).jpg

Screenshot (5).jpg

Screenshot (6).jpg

Screenshot (7).jpg

And I'll tell you what.

DO NOT mess with California.    You peeps are Lit Up!    If you moved all your Iron to the beach, you might capsize the island.

It looks similar to Table Mesa Road north of Phoenix.  I was testing my new .44 Special Bulldog there a few weeks ago.  You definitely need to observe who's shooting when you go.

6 hours ago, sierra4x4 said:

That Sucks!! Probably been about 10 years since I’ve been shooting out there, I usually go to the area in Lucerne valley on the back side of Big Bear but its a little far for a turnaround. How about Mule Canyon behind Calico? 

Not driving that far to shoot. I’m about 10min from

my little hit it and quit it spot. 

1 hour ago, BLDrinker said:

Not driving that far to shoot. I’m about 10min from

my little hit it and quit it spot. 

Ha! Truth be told I’m thinking about making a left off the 15 on Wash Rd for about a mile and setting up shop for about an hour.  Casings and Shells will be picked up when I’m done just like I was never there 👍

Still wondering about Mule Canyon behind Calico. Is it still open? Went there about 2 years ago. Seemed safe but it was definitely crowded. 

On 3/31/2020 at 9:43 PM, 77charger said:

should not be effected there its not really a deveolped site but i would drive about 25-30 min further and be by yourselves and not worrying about others unskilled shooting antics.Check your dm ill send you directions to a better spot.

Not sure I ever received it? I would definitely be interested if you know of a better spot.