Jump to content
ANGRYBUTTCRACK

COVID-19 cases pass 1M globally, over 50k deaths

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, HozayKwarvo said:

It  finally surpassed the annual deaths for Rhuematoid Arthritis... do you expect it to exceed the >300k drowning deaths per year? What about just the 185k per year that die from fires? Will it even approach the ~110k that die from poisoning or skin cancer? ...how about the 330k per year that die from malnutrition ??? For the love of fk, if our stimulus would have been spent on food alone we could have certainly made a bigger dent than with covid… 

Here's the >100 other things that DOES and WILL kill ten to a thousand times MORE people EACH YEAR than covid-19 https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/world-rankings-total-deaths

I'm not saying it's not deadly but for fks sake, we lose ~650k people globally to FALLS... where's the outrage to have a safety meeting? What about the 7 3/4 million that die to suicide each year... 

In 2017, just in the US... not some third world shit hole, we had 3,564 DIE from malnutrition. 32,672 from FALLS …. fk the social distancing, I'm staying off ladders.

 

Coronary Heart Disease 1 8,727,670
Stroke 2 6,221,072
Influenza and Pneumonia 3 3,177,204
Lung Disease 4 3,162,054
Lung Cancers 5 1,683,893
Diabetes Mellitus 6 1,570,100
Alzheimers/Dementia 7 1,533,855
Diarrhoeal diseases 8 1,388,418
Tuberculosis 9 1,372,855
Road Traffic Accidents 10 1,339,206
Liver Disease 11 1,154,240
Kidney Disease 12 1,121,214
HIV/AIDS 13 1,059,626
Low Birth Weight 14 1,056,984
Hypertension 15 938,129
Suicide 16 783,407
Liver Cancer 17 777,816
Colon-Rectum Cancers 18 767,280
Stomach Cancer 19 749,806
Birth Trauma 20 690,870
Other Injuries 21 673,501
Congenital Anomalies 22 646,027
Falls 23 644,028
Breast Cancer 24 568,309
Violence 25 466,060
Malaria 26 439,026
Oesophagus Cancer 27 413,123
Inflammatory/Heart 28 411,622
Endocrine Disorders 29 411,242
Asthma 30 382,288
Drownings 31 358,957
Pancreas Cancer 32 355,709
Prostate Cancer 33 342,090
Lymphomas 34 341,463
Malnutrition 35 330,105
Oral Cancer 36 315,707
Meningitis 37 314,965
Rheumatic Heart Disease 38 304,792
Maternal Conditions 39 303,269
Leukemia 40 288,470
Cervical Cancer 41 278,318
Peptic Ulcer Disease 42 234,134
Other Neoplasms 43 207,953
Bladder Cancer 44 184,183
Fires 45 179,766
Drug Use 46 167,165
Ovary Cancer 47 161,421
War 48 156,238
Epilepsy 49 152,310
Measles 50 139,822
Alcohol 51 128,513
Parkinson's Disease 52 127,231
Skin Cancers 53 111,444
Poisonings 54 107,549
Syphilis 55 92,243
Skin Disease 56 91,172
Encephalitis 57 89,272
Hepatitis B 58 86,877
Uterin Cancer 59 82,669
Anemia 60 77,896
Pertussis 61 66,392
Tetanus 62 63,993

It is not about the annual death numbers of other ailments or diseases.  Covid-19 hits fast and  if we don't do something to slow it down the healthcare systems get overloaded and can not take care of everyone.   Italy is a prime example of what happens when your health care system is overloaded.   NY is there as well.    

We all get that the numbers will eventually show the death percentage is going to fall close to the flu.   

The Spanish Flu of 1918 would be a good indicator as to why the current measures are being taken to try and slow it down.     

https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

It is not about the annual death numbers of other ailments or diseases.  Covid-19 hits fast and  if we don't do something to slow it down the healthcare systems get overloaded and can not take care of everyone.   Italy is a prime example of what happens when your health care system is overloaded.   NY is there as well.    

We all get that the numbers will eventually show the death percentage is going to fall close to the flu.   

The Spanish Flu of 1918 would be a good indicator as to why the current measures are being taken to try and slow it down.     

https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/1918-flu-pandemic

50 million people died due to the Spanish flu which was the most deadly flu in history and had a mortality rate many times higher than our current covid-19. I'd call that apples and oranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HozayKwarvo said:

50 million people died due to the Spanish flu which was the most deadly flu in history and had a mortality rate many times higher than our current covid-19. I'd call that apples and oranges.

I would say it is apples to apples.   It is a stain of the flu that that was super contagious, spreads like wildfire, overloads a healthcare system and is deadly.   Seems to be a much better comparison then posting annual death rates of ailments that are no related.  Also a history lesson on what happens when you act too late to slow the spread.   The city of Philly had  a parade and St. Louis locked down the citizens.  Guess which city got hammered? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Lots of hospitals were a mess before this.   This is the eye opener to all the Governors and local government  who rather poor money into stupid projects that due the citizens no good (bullet train in the middle of no where comes to mind) versus spending money on improving the county hospitals and  important infrastructure. 

Going to be interesting to see in the states hit the hardest if their Governors attitudes change on what is important for their citizens.  

As much as most hate the governor of California I think he is actually doing a good job for once dealing with this situation.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

I would say it is apples to apples.   It is a stain of the flu that that was super contagious, spreads like wildfire, overloads a healthcare system and is deadly.   Seems to be a much better comparison then posting annual death rates of ailments that are no related.  Also a history lesson on what happens when you act too late to slow the spread.   The city of Philly had  a parade and St. Louis locked down the citizens.  Guess which city got hammered? 

 

Even if it's as wide spread and deadly as normal influenza …. 80k people die in the US each year due to that and pneumonia. Each and every year. At most, we may hear "it's a bad flu season". Do you think we'll lose 80k this year to Covid? It's certainly possible... but we don't declare the flu a pandemic each year, we don't force inoculation, we don't put tens of millions of people out of work and shut the schools and businesses down totally wrecking the economy while adding trillions to our debt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Lots of hospitals were a mess before this.   This is the eye opener to all the Governors and local government  who rather poor money into stupid projects that due the citizens no good (bullet train in the middle of no where comes to mind) versus spending money on improving the county hospitals and  important infrastructure. 

Going to be interesting to see in the states hit the hardest if their Governors attitudes change on what is important for their citizens.  

As much as most hate the governor of California I think he is actually doing a good job for once dealing with this situation.   

They're gonna blame it all on Trump and no one will call them on it. :bigrin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rockwood said:

They're gonna blame it all on Trump and no one will call them on it. :bigrin 

Some will do it for sure.  Cuomo is already doing it and others.   Trump does not help with some of his tweets and comments, mostly aimed at Cuomo.   At this point our governor has not pointed any fingers and focuses on what we as Californians will do to get the supplies needed and to combat the virus.   

.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to show you how serious it is for Southern Nevada,

last year we had 20 death from the normal flu in 12 months, this year in 3 months we have had 38 deaths, depends how the rest of the year goes, it could be anywhere for Nevada 2-10 times more deadly, and we had Zero deaths when the stay at home was implemented,

the normal flu everyone was going about normal with half the cases all year  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I keep remember is that these Covid deaths are NEW deaths... ON TOP OF all of the other deaths you guys are boasting about above,

 

We will still have 36k deaths from Falls and then add this on top... more icing for the cake right?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, HozayKwarvo said:

Even if it's as wide spread and deadly as normal influenza …. 80k people die in the US each year due to that and pneumonia. Each and every year. At most, we may hear "it's a bad flu season". Do you think we'll lose 80k this year to Covid? It's certainly possible... but we don't declare the flu a pandemic each year, we don't force inoculation, we don't put tens of millions of people out of work and shut the schools and businesses down totally wrecking the economy while adding trillions to our debt.

The final numbers might not reach 80K, but that could be due to the measures taken to slow it down.  The flip side imagine if we did nothing would the numbers be 4 to 5 times the flu?   We will never know one way or the other.  The regular flu is different it does not attack your lungs and it does not spread as quickly as Covid-19. 

If we did nothing how do you know it would not also have a major economic impact?   

 

 

 

Edited by Sand Shark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandkist said:

I find needle nose pliers to be the most effective. Disinfected of course.

Q tips are PC nowadays :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else agree that by July we'll have like 30% unemployment. We can debate all day about 'thinning the herd' and lose .5% of the US population, 2 million. The effect on the economy and joblessness will 'kill' more than the disease... drugs,... alcohol,... murder/suicides, etc.

My wife and I are lucky. She's still working and my business seems pretty steady. There are gonna be some serious 'have's' and 'have nots' on the other side of this thing.. make all those folks who lost everything in the 08 crash seem rich. I think socially ... the sh__'s gonna get 'REAL.' 

Hide yo kids.. hide yo wife... 

U.S. jobless claims are soaring. (Graphic: David Foster/Yahoo Finance)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...