Sign in to follow this  
Romans9

See a problem here?

New York City Train Yesterday;

510C5499-DD4E-4530-B6B7-0027AC6B6FC7.thumb.png.e596401ab35de0a86dc67bcae9e8ffb8.png

Population density per square mile. 

Orange County California  3200 people

San Diego California 4325 people

San Bernardino County  100 people

Inland Empire 147 people over all but Urban area is 3434 and Metro is 4224

Phoenix Metropolitan area 308 people

L.A. Metropolitan area 2744 people

Kansas City Metropolitan area 260 people

New York City 28,000 people  

Now check this out:

https://apnews.com/9625f2983ac615d631a64e3e99b0e69e

NEW YORK (AP) — With coronavirus deaths surging in New York, the governor announced Friday he will use his authority to seize ventilators and protective gear from private hospitals and companies that aren’t using them, complaining that states are competing against each other for vital equipment in eBay-like bidding wars.

“If they want to sue me for borrowing their excess ventilators to save lives, let them sue me,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. He added that he will eventually return the equipment or compensate the owners.

The executive order he said he would sign represents one of the most aggressive efforts yet in the U.S. to deal with the kind of critical shortages around the world that authorities say have caused health care workers to fall sick and forced doctors in Europe to make life-or-death decisions about which patients get a breathing machine.

So now because New York decided to shun the CDC recommendation in 2015 to buy 16,000 ventilators to have for a pandemic the governor will steal from privately owned hospitals? 

The whole country is suffering because of this. 

Where I live has a population density of 32 people per square mile yet we are being treated the same as New York. The area I live is poor. A waitress not working for one week is bankrupt. I’m sure its the same all over.

And this guy gets arrested in Cal....

200403-malibu-paddle-board-arrest-se-1242p_8b87a357da7af22accb7334f077ad51c.fit-760w.jpg

41 minutes ago, chuckadune said:

And this guy gets arrested in Cal....

200403-malibu-paddle-board-arrest-se-1242p_8b87a357da7af22accb7334f077ad51c.fit-760w.jpg

For What / He is socialy distanced out exercising??? what was the charge?  People are out walking everywhere??

I havent heard the ocean was closed...just certain beaches 

:dunno:

1 minute ago, POULE43 said:

For What / He is socialy distanced out exercising??? what was the charge?  People are out walking everywhere??

Had he had a fishing pole and was fishing for a meal. They would have to leave him alone.  Catch and release and your in deep sheet 

7 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

Actually heard of two people trying to fish that were told to go home or get arrested. 1 on a kayak by himself. 1 on his boat by himeself. 1 headed to coronado islands, other, kelp patties on point loma. Rules is rules i guess. Wether they make sense or not.

5 hours ago, Romans9 said:

New York City Train Yesterday;

510C5499-DD4E-4530-B6B7-0027AC6B6FC7.thumb.png.e596401ab35de0a86dc67bcae9e8ffb8.png

Population density per square mile. 

Orange County California  3200 people

San Diego California 4325 people

San Bernardino County  100 people

Inland Empire 147 people over all but Urban area is 3434 and Metro is 4224

Phoenix Metropolitan area 308 people

L.A. Metropolitan area 2744 people

Kansas City Metropolitan area 260 people

New York City 28,000 people  

Now check this out:

https://apnews.com/9625f2983ac615d631a64e3e99b0e69e

NEW YORK (AP) — With coronavirus deaths surging in New York, the governor announced Friday he will use his authority to seize ventilators and protective gear from private hospitals and companies that aren’t using them, complaining that states are competing against each other for vital equipment in eBay-like bidding wars.

“If they want to sue me for borrowing their excess ventilators to save lives, let them sue me,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. He added that he will eventually return the equipment or compensate the owners.

The executive order he said he would sign represents one of the most aggressive efforts yet in the U.S. to deal with the kind of critical shortages around the world that authorities say have caused health care workers to fall sick and forced doctors in Europe to make life-or-death decisions about which patients get a breathing machine.

So now because New York decided to shun the CDC recommendation in 2015 to buy 16,000 ventilators to have for a pandemic the governor will steal from privately owned hospitals? 

The whole country is suffering because of this. 

Where I live has a population density of 32 people per square mile yet we are being treated the same as New York. The area I live is poor. A waitress not working for one week is bankrupt. I’m sure its the same all over.

Whats pissing me off, living in the mtns east of san diego; all the people in the city are comming out here to “social distance”. I still dont understand why people wanna live like rats

31 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

I still don't understand why people wanna live like rats.

It's all they know?

I wonder how many of them are headed to Pine Valley?

Well.......................I can answer my own question.  None of them.

Posted (edited)

I have Blackies Bar surf cams pulled up, Newport Beach. I see people surfing everyday. Hell there's a couple people on the water right now, yet people are getting arrested? https://blackiesbar.com/pages/surf-cams

and shortly after i posted this I watched a Newport cop patrolling ON the beach and drove right past people sitting on the sand 

Edited by Conrad

1 hour ago, sausage450r said:

Whats pissing me off, living in the mtns east of san diego; all the people in the city are comming out here to “social distance”. I still dont understand why people wanna live like rats

I have two theories on this that I came to from my experience managing work in Downtown Portland for several years.

1. This is the group such as homeless and the antifa crowd. They congregate there because they can violate rules/laws indiscriminately and they are not held accountable. And the local government gives them freebies such as food, clothing, needles, free health care, etc. 

2. Left wing hipsters. This group tends to be far left and are heavily reliant on government to "feel" safe. They are afraid of independence. Their world is reduced to several blocks such as the Pearl District, hanging out in trendy coffee shops, restaurants, and proclaiming to anyone who will listen how "woke" they are and how they can save the planet. Independence scares the shit out of those folks. They have a great deal of social conscientious and very little common sense. I found them to be arrogant, demanding assholes.

Of course this is just my opinion, and I'm generalizing. There are some good folks too, but very few.  

2 hours ago, POULE43 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/malibu-paddleboarder-arrested-for-violating-stay-at-home-order

16 minutes ago, THD said:

I have two theories on this that I came to from my experience managing work in Downtown Portland for several years.

1. This is the group such as homeless and the antifa crowd. They congregate there because they can violate rules/laws indiscriminately and they are not held accountable. And the local government gives them freebies such as food, clothing, needles, free health care, etc. 

2. Left wing hipsters. This group tends to be far left and are heavily reliant on government to "feel" safe. They are afraid of independence. Their world is reduced to several blocks such as the Pearl District, hanging out in trendy coffee shops, restaurants, and proclaiming to anyone who will listen how "woke" they are and how they can save the planet. Independence scares the shit out of those folks. They have a great deal of social conscientious and very little common sense. I found them to be arrogant, demanding assholes.

Of course this is just my opinion, and I'm generalizing. There are some good folks too, but very few.  

I dated a girl who grew up in NYC for a while.  She was in her mid to late 20's and was the first woman  in her family to not only own a car but have a DL, Even her dad never had one till he moved to Az.  She always would complain about how the Phoenix metro area was so spread out and such a PITA to get around.  She liked the hustle and bustle of big city living. Before she met me she never had gone camping  and to her camping was going to summer camp.  It was just her way of life she new nothing different and when she was exposed to it, she did not enjoy it one bit. We broke up ( rather spectacularly I might add) and she moved back. It wasn't about anything she just liked what she grew up around. To her sitting on a mountain top was a scary place but sitting in a crowded subway car was safe . We actually went water skiing with a buddy of mine and she just about had a panic attack in the middle of the lake when I fell down on the wake board and my buddy turned the boat around sharply. She thought she was going to  drown.

So LA County and CA State beaches are closed, which includes Malibu because inland idiots decide to go to the beach on a nice day when they should be staying at home social distancing.   Dude had to cross a closed beach to get his SUP into the water.   SUPer gets called out for the violation, ignores authorities for a half hour and yore okay with this?  Same shit happened here last week and dude got a $1000 ticket.  This idiot didn't learn . . .

17 hours ago, South Bay said:

So LA County and CA State beaches are closed, which includes Malibu because inland idiots decide to go to the beach on a nice day when they should be staying at home social distancing.   Dude had to cross a closed beach to get his SUP into the water.   SUPer gets called out for the violation, ignores authorities for a half hour and yore okay with this?  Same shit happened here last week and dude got a $1000 ticket.  This idiot didn't learn . . .

Also LA county vs Orange county. Huntington Beach is still open. The arrests were Manhattan Beach and Malibu both LA county.

Life style choice. Nothing I can understand but I'm sure they scratch there heads at the way we live in the west.

30 minutes ago, richard h said:

Life style choice. Nothing I can understand but I'm sure they scratch there heads at the way we live in the west.

Absolutely agree we can all live how we want but obviously they are not “social distancing” and our government is using their infection numbers as the standard for making decisions effecting the whole country.

The models they are using that are devastating our country’s citizens financially are not representative of the whole.

Posted (edited)

If you think New York City is crowded, check out Korea Town

http://maps.latimes.com/neighborhoods/population/density/neighborhood/list/

Edited by sandkist