Sign in to follow this  
Wash 10 Crew

Remember Comp Hill at night.......what a zoo!!!

I remember. Already graduated HS, was in college living on my own and working in the Motorcycle/ATV/PWC - Powersports industry.

No Kids, No Wife and allot of Glamis time back then....LOL....life was good.

first GD gatherings we all rolled over there in mass was awesome

Always enjoyed setting in camp watching the bumble bee trail line of vehicle headlights (families) headed to comp, knowing you would be going soon yourself. We always went for the racing.......what a show, zoo!

"HJ"     :ex:     :cheers: 

It was beyond crazy.. so many memories, well the ones I can remember 😃

Posted (edited)

Really hot vw's. Then someone showed up with a rotary motor and holy crap! (1974)

Edited by richard h

#Bringbackthetwostrokes

Posted (edited)

Wow that's an amazing historical video!!  I didn't know it was like that in 1994.

Hopefully I can trade up to a turbo SxS soon so I can get back my Glamis desires/motivation and spend more time out there, and have a lighting setup that is so complete that I have the motivation to spend all night out there!!  

Edited by Phoenix7

Wow!!!

Didn't know it was that crazy.  

2 hours ago, markcsand said:

#Bringbackthetwostrokes

:clap1:

Oh yeah baby, we had a bullhorn and flashlights for ( @ Y @ ) 's, and a can of gas to dig a trench and set it on fire! We used to race our 2 stroke dirt-bikes up and down the hill with glowsticks zip tied to the spokes and a maglight in our visor!  Comp hill at night was the reason we camped on Osbourne, short ride down the hill to collect girlies to keep us warm in the tents at night!! new year's Y2K was one of my favorite parties, everyone thought the world was gonna stop so we partied all night!

No disco whips!!!

We used to set on top the hill to the south and watch all the fun. It was a little dangerous to take the family into the valley. Someone in the valley would with a fire pit would throw in some magnesium and the whole place would light up almost like it was day time. 

Posted (edited)

People iIknow would take magnesium blocks to a couple hills just past gecko rd and stick a flair in them and drive back to camp. the we would ride without lights for a bit but that was back when you could find a spot on gecko on any weekend even holidays. 

Edited by Bigboot

I remember those days!!   I was there that weekend.  I graduated high school June that year.  Ahhh, the good old days!!  

I liked watching all the idiots, but I am glad it is not that crazy any more.  Things truly were out of control.

JUST ONE MORE TIME, NOOOOOOO!!!2F95CB46-2CBD-4F3B-AB77-70C2764D974C.gif.feb492907ff01da46ed132f592f16c73.gif

Went  a few times, two times really stand out though.

First one we all rode over to watch the mayhem. We were sitting in the crowd next to these people who drove a truck in.  We were just sitting there about 6 or 7 of us in our group . This one guy Chuck was a big ole friendly Redneck.  He never missed the opportunity to flirt a little and just be your typical friendly Redneck.  Well the girl who was in the truck started talking to ole chuck and he just was being friendly, offered her a beer from his cooler just being friendly and a little flirty.  He wasn't going to be doing anything, his wife was back in camp and  there were way to many witnesses :lol: . This had been  going on for a while. That's when all of a sudden a couple of the guy's were like it's time to go! Chuck was all no lets just stay for a bit longer.  That's when I finally noticed the girls boyfriend had a baseball bat and wasn't looking to happy.  We got the hell out of there in a hurry.  Pretty sure him and ole Chuck was going to have a disagreement and the conversation was going to be a little lopsided.:boxing: :909:

Second time I believe it was the next year. We were sitting up on the ledge that was to the left of the hill if your sitting at the bottom .  We had been there a while just hanging out in the dark ( remember back then, Your bike was off you had no lights.) When somebody started lighting off some big ole fireworks.  They decided that where we were was a good place to aim them.  After the second mortor went off just over our heads . We started the bikes up and quickly got the hell out. The entire time the people kept lighting them off aimed right at us.

After that we switched to going out the weekend after Thanksgiving and would stay on Osborne, Those were great trips, The dunes were empty back then on off weekends.. 

The new crowd doesn't even know where COMP hill is, we could have a great time there till the rangers send us packing!

Just now, DuneTrack-N said:

The new crowd doesn't even know where COMP hill is, we could have a great time there till the rangers send us packing!

It's only closed on the big weekends. Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years, Presidents, MLK. All the other weekends it is open and you can sit at the base of the hill with out fear of persecution. 

2 hours ago, MWB said:

It's only closed on the big weekends. Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Years, Presidents, MLK. All the other weekends it is open and you can sit at the base of the hill with out fear of persecution. 

We went there a few years ago during thanksgiving week like tues or wed night had a little speaker and a fire with a few of us no issues.But i went there in my young days at night and it was wild during the 90s.Taped a mag light to my cr250 was how we did it now we all cant drive without  lightbars on our cars.

RG 2008