SPODEBOY

The best mod I ever did to my RZR.

27 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

J Alper, with all do respect, you can disagree with what I have to say but the negative rep points are a bit much don’t you think? If you take the time to read what I wrote, I said the buying with little to no knowledge craze started with sand cars and now has moved to SXS’s. There is no way anyone that has been going to the desert before the housing boom til now can argue that. Hell, that used to be the hot topic on this site for a long time back in the day. About how everyone was pulling money on their homes to buy sand cars. You used to be able to get loans to buy sand cars also. The SXS’s are way easier to buy now that major manufactures can mass produce them, finance them, and offer warranties. Would you be bashing Funco if they had the money to offer the same things? If a sand car company could do the same thing Polaris or Can am is doing than you would see a lot more sand cars out there. 

Far as funco goes I don't think you are correct.  They can't build all the orders they have now.   Running months to get a car so credit wouldn't matter.  Figured I would just stir the pot some.  Carry on. 

6 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

Far as funco goes I don't think you are correct.  They can't build all the orders they have now.   Running months to get a car so credit wouldn't matter.  Figured I would just stir the pot some.  Carry on. 

That’s what I’m saying! They don’t have the deep pockets like Polaris or Can am to mass produce. If they did, it would be a different story.

Sorry for sending your thread into left field SPODEBOY! 

C’mon can’t we just all get along? This shit is funny.  

2 hours ago, J Alper said:

Fuuk yea finally someone  said it. 
I run during the day 8 foot whip and if I hit you and you have a 5-6’ whip then it’s your fault 

How do you figure . A 5-6 ft flag on a SXS is at least 8ft . Which is the requirement 

BTW I don’t own  a SXS 

I was just saying an 8’ whip with a 3x5 flag is way more visible and safer in the dunes, regardless of what the minimum standard is. Id run a taller one if I knew where to get one.  I want everyone to see me if I’m behind a dune.  I’m not sure why this gripe gets so much push back.  

18 minutes ago, chopshop said:

How do you figure . A 5-6 ft flag on a SXS is at least 8ft . Which is the requirement 

BTW I don’t own  a SXS 

If I hit some and there flag is smaller 

I simply get out of my car break there flag explain to them my car is bigger and slash there tires and then make them pay for scratching my prerunner  and hold their family hostage.  

but seriously I like to run up over 90mph in the dunes at dumont don’t care about the minimum I ordered a 10-foot whip from buggy whips in the center and 2 lighted whips on the pass and driver side. 

on the 10 foot I run the standard buggy whip flag so it does not bend over 

and if a sxs in front of me, well the big dog eats first.  

This is exactly why you NEVER see my posting Tech Threads about my New Auto Zone accessories on my Rhino.

:fof:

Posted (edited)

I've had 5 rails now (honDUH V6 Buggyworks, high-compression 427 LS7 SCU Pro Bro, twin turbo LS1 Extreme Double Throwdown, high-compression sometimes 427/sometimes 440/sometimes 454 LS7 Potter PX2, supercharged Ecotec BFD Revo) and 5 RZRs (big-bore XP900, Z1-swapped/HCR long tavel/40psi of boost on E85 XP4 1000, '15 XP 1000, '16 XPT, '18 XPT Fox Edition) so I feel like I can speak from a reasonably informed position about both.  Will a SxS every "replace" a rail 100%?  No.  Even my little Revo handled and rode better than any of the RZRs in the dunes, including the HCR long-travel RZR despite having lower travel numbers on paper and less power.  And nothing will be like a well-setup V8 rail.  It's just facts.  Does that mean SxSs suck and you can't have fun in them?  Also no.  

SxSs are great if you don't have time/space/money for multiple offroad toys but want to "do it all", and do it year-round.  And yes, they're great for somebody that needs to finance.  I know lots of people will say "you shouldn't be financing toys" but there are responsible ways to finance and get to enjoy this hobby without having $30k+ cash to spend.  I might argue taking on a reasonable SxS payment to get into the sand makes more sense than doing a HELOC or refi and taking money out against your damn house just to play along with the big dawgs.  

And yes, SxSs CAN hang with real rails.  No, the thrill isn't the same and occasionally you have to cut a corner, but here's just one group I ran with in our '18 XPT: 

20190330_085605.thumb.jpg.9014d2ad244a68b8e463596a711ad3d8.jpg

20190330_085215.thumb.jpg.9d4aaf8416f684e853b951e7ab3bbda6.jpg

The Funco is a TT LS3 and the Tatum and Alumicraft are Whippled 425 LS3s.  I would have easily preferred to drive any of the rails, but I still had a blast in the RZR and it was better than sitting at home with my thumb u...

There just seem to be folks that HAVE to jump on the SxS beat-down EVERY chance they get.  I see the same folks doing it here that do endlessly on IG too.  I'm not sure what they have to prove, but it certainly seems like they have some SXS-PTSD or something.  

3vmhyx.jpg.a2e674ff541780f366cf93c2b0eebef5.jpg

I know I've posted something like this before too, but SxSs are just the current "whipping boy" for those folks that always have to make sure everyone knows they're "better."  At one point it was the 2-wheeler guys who knocked on 3/4 wheelers as "not true duners."  Then even the 2-stroke quad guys would knock the 4-stroke guys.  Then the 4-stroke 450 guys knocked the Raptor and other "barge" quad guys.  It was the same thing, whatever the newest thing you could walk into a dealer and finance was the "bad guy."  

Edited by tjZ06

1 hour ago, CRUSTY said:

This is exactly why you NEVER see my posting Tech Threads about my New Auto Zone accessories on my Rhino.

Pep Boys Cal Custom was the one to rock your boat in da 70's..........

1 hour ago, tjZ06 said:

I've had 5 rails now (honDUH V6 Buggyworks, high-compression 427 LS7 SCU Pro Bro, twin turbo LS1 Extreme Double Throwdown, high-compression sometimes 427/sometimes 440/sometimes 454 LS7 Potter PX2, supercharged Ecotec BFD Revo) and 5 RZRs (big-bore XP900, Z1-swapped/HCR long tavel/40psi of boost on E85 XP4 1000, '15 XP 1000, '16 XPT, '18 XPT Fox Edition) so I feel like I can speak from a reasonably informed position about both.  Will a SxS every "replace" a rail 100%?  No.  Even my little Revo handled and rode better than any of the RZRs in the dunes, including the HCR long-travel RZR despite having lower travel numbers on paper and less power.  And nothing will be like a well-setup V8 rail.  It's just facts.  Does that mean SxSs suck and you can't have fun in them?  Also no.  

SxSs are great if you don't have time/space/money for multiple offroad toys but want to "do it all", and do it year-round.  And yes, they're great for somebody that needs to finance.  I know lots of people will say "you shouldn't be financing toys" but there are responsible ways to finance and get to enjoy this hobby without having $30k+ cash to spend.  I might argue taking on a reasonable SxS payment to get into the sand makes more sense than doing a HELOC or refi and taking money out against your damn house just to play along with the big dawgs.  

And yes, SxSs CAN hang with real rails.  No, the thrill isn't the same and occasionally you have to cut a corner, but here's just one group I ran with in our '18 XPT: 

20190330_085605.thumb.jpg.9014d2ad244a68b8e463596a711ad3d8.jpg

20190330_085215.thumb.jpg.9d4aaf8416f684e853b951e7ab3bbda6.jpg

The Funco is a TT LS3 and the Tatum and Alumicraft are Whippled 425 LS3s.  I would have easily preferred to drive any of the rails, but I still had a blast in the RZR and it was better than sitting at home with my thumb u...

There just seem to be folks that HAVE to jump on the SxS beat-down EVERY chance they get.  I see the same folks doing it here that do endlessly on IG too.  I'm not sure what they have to prove, but it certainly seems like they have some SXS-PTSD or something.  

3vmhyx.jpg.a2e674ff541780f366cf93c2b0eebef5.jpg

I know I've posted something like this before too, but SxSs are just the current "whipping boy" for those folks that always have to make sure everyone knows they're "better."  At one point it was the 2-wheeler guys who knocked on 3/4 wheelers as "not true duners."  Then even the 2-stroke quad guys would knock the 4-stroke guys.  Then the 4-stroke 450 guys knocked the Raptor and other "barge" quad guys.  It was the same thing, whatever the newest thing you could walk into a dealer and finance was the "bad guy."  

you can get into a good side x side and have a blast for well under 20k.. for some people they just don't want to have 60k, 70k, 80k, etc invested in a toy.. some of my most fun times in the dunes were on my ATC70 :lmao:

Our best mod was selling the 800 and buying the 900.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, CRUSTY said:

I just added some of the chrome ladies from Vatozone.  They are on isle 3 and guaranteed to add .00000007hp.   LOL!!!! 

How did I miss this meltdown...……………...Summer came early this year

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

I just added some of the chrome ladies from Vatozone.  They are on isle 3 and guaranteed to add .00000007hp.   LOL!!!! 

Hey when Top HP is 37 every bit counts.

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

How did I miss this meltdown...……………...Summer came early this year

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through it.   

Been riding in the desert since 1971. My bike riding buddies favorite rant "Fukkkking side by sides" hits home. I have to suck it up because I agree with them about the crowd they are complaining about.

Had a nice sand rail a decade ago. I got tired of the non stop maintenance with it.

We love our SXS's. It's a nice way to show friends and family that don't frequent the desert a great time.