big_daddy_jp

COVID 19 desert closures

So I’ve been on BLM website trying to find what is closed and what isn’t. I keep hearing Ocotillo wells is closed but can’t seem to find where it says that. I see I can camp in the washes along with Gordon’s and Ogilby. Planning on going out next weekend and trying to see what options I have. Thanks

Ocotillo Wells is a state park it’s closed. Blm land next to it(to the south) is opened. There is also Borrego land there that is also closed 

YA, the azzholes actually put out traffic barricades on the trail entrances along s2 in anza borrego. I imagine same at o-wells

What about plaster city or superstition?

Is there maybe a map so you can see where the closures are?

I believe Buttercup and Gordon Wells is also open.

2 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

I believe Buttercup and Gordon Wells is also open.

Ya I want to go to the dunes but it will depend on who I can get to go with me. Trying to see what other options we have if other friends don’t want to go to the dunes.

We are going in about 2 weeks......

We planned a cruise to Mexico. Paid for it last year and were supposed to go next week. Had to cancel the cruise but we still have the time off work. That’s why it has to be next week!

36 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

YA, the azzholes actually put out traffic barricades on the trail entrances along s2 in anza borrego. I imagine same at o-wells

All along the 86, there are barricades in every wash.

We were in Glamis for 5 days last weekend, was epic, even the big dunes have smoothed out.  Only Gecko and Osborne are closed.  You can camp in the washes and also along the canal.  All vendors are gone except the Store, Glamis Fab and Boardmanville.

14 minutes ago, Cookie said:

We were in Glamis for 5 days last weekend, was epic, even the big dunes have smoothed out.  Only Gecko and Osborne are closed.  You can camp in the washes and also along the canal.  All vendors are gone except the Store, Glamis Fab and Boardmanville.

The food guy is there, we had breakfast burritos at olds Sunday morning. He says he’s going to be there until May 1st 

We set up at Sweet Marie’s but Saturday afternoon they gave us the boot along with a few people at Cement Flats.  

1 hour ago, big_daddy_jp said:

What about plaster city or superstition?

No way to close plaster city. Too many ways in/out

29 minutes ago, mike dee said:

I don’t see the info I’m looking for in there either. Am I just blind?

11 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

this one from a previous thread

https://www.blm.gov/site-page/blm-california-covid-19-updates

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, big_daddy_jp said:

Plaster city/superstition is “unimproved blm land” so should remain open. That said, i do believe navy has control of the dip and jurisdiction (easement) on wheeler/imler rd (i have been stopped by base security twice in my 30 years of play there and told this both times. Once at the dip and once while frog giggin in the summer at night off of wheeler rd east of huff)

Edited by sausage450r

10 minutes ago, jeeperdino said:

Thank you but I’ve already read that one. Mainly wanted to know about ocotillo wells, plaster city, and superstition. Still just hoping to go to the dunes.

14 hours ago, pennywise said:

The food guy is there, we had breakfast burritos at olds Sunday morning. He says he’s going to be there until May 1st 

We set up at Sweet Marie’s but Saturday afternoon they gave us the boot along with a few people at Cement Flats.  

Saw you a couple times out there, car looks on point.  We went down to the food guy Sunday afternoon, he must have already left for the day.  For us westside duners, it is tough getting used to doing all your dune runs from the washes...…………..

Looks like I’ve got a couple people to go to Plaster City next weekend! I haven’t been there in a long time but I’m very much looking forward to it!