Transporting your SxS to the Trailhead?

1 hour ago, MWB said:

@FOG skip in about a minute or so.  I think you could do something like this that might even break down further.

Thanks. I saw this when I first started doing my research a few months ago and I do like this design. But there’s no way I’m going to get that into my truck bed or toy hauler. 
In my research another company, aaoffroad.com, makes a “T” trailer similar to the ones we used in the old days for our buggies. It breaks down into smaller parts that I could store. My son thinks that I should just buy it!  If I decide to go the trailer route, it’s my first choice so far.

But I’m old and stubborn so I’m looking at other options.  And I’m getting some good input from all of you GD peeps. 
Thanks!

12 hours ago, FOG said:

Thanks. I saw this when I first started doing my research a few months ago and I do like this design. But there’s no way I’m going to get that into my truck bed or toy hauler. 
In my research another company, aaoffroad.com, makes a “T” trailer similar to the ones we used in the old days for our buggies. It breaks down into smaller parts that I could store. My son thinks that I should just buy it!  If I decide to go the trailer route, it’s my first choice so far.

But I’m old and stubborn so I’m looking at other options.  And I’m getting some good input from all of you GD peeps. 
Thanks!

This is going to be for the 10-15 miles from camp to trailhead, not the 4 hours across a hot desert highway. So you can use smaller tires then they did. You also don't need an axel just the snouts welded into place. Also be making the rear section of this type of a trailer be modular so the removal a a couple of pins or nut/ bolts you could split that section into two pieces or at the least slide very close together. To a point where it could roll up right behind your talon.  Or if you split it in two and removed the tires I bet it would fit in the bed of the truck around your fifth wheel hitch.  You could even make it so the trailer when not being used as a SxS trailer your 5th wheel hitch could sit on it and be wheeled around.

Some tube steel a few "platforms" some quick releases and you will have this

• Like 1

Thanks for the info on both the trailer and truck rack solutions. I have been weighing the pros and cons for both.
I feel the truck rack is going to work best for me. 
I appreciate all of the input from everyone that contributed.