Let’s talk about E-Bikes

Time2Dune

27 minutes ago, TheLatinLover said:

Sometimes, you simply have no excuse and have to resort to a meme. :dunno:

Nah, I get my miles in. No hate. You'll go to the dark side some day. It's inevitable. 😁

2 hours ago, South Bay said:

That is quite the quiver.  How do the Surron and Segway compare to each other  ?

Pretty much the identical same bikes, except segway has an app on your phone to control the regen and power and the surron has an old school cut the green wire to unlock the bike.  

31 minutes ago, Chingon619 said:

Nah, I get my miles in. No hate. You'll go to the dark side some day. It's inevitable. 😁

When I’m 65 because I’m sure as hell never having a mangina.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheLatinLover said:

When I’m 65 because I’m sure as hell never having a mangina.

IMG_1214.jpeg

Why the eff is the seat so low? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Fireballsocal said:

IMG_1214.jpeg

It was a DH, chunky trail so I needed to drop the seat.

• Board Moderator
4 hours ago, Fireballsocal said:

IMG_1214.jpeg

Bwahaha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I picked these up about a year ago. Basic cruiser style with a little suspension in front, hydraulic brakes etc. I paid about $1,800.00 each, no tax. I think for the money, they are about the best quality, best looking bikes I've seen for the money. 

20220601_064350 (1).jpg

• Like 2

• Board Moderator

Big Wave Surfing Surf GIF by MOODMAN

Nice collection.

Do not leave them plugged in when you are not home, saw my buddies garage go up in flames...............he had a camera inside his garage so we saw how it happened............he was lucky and was at home and save a lot.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info, so many options.

I’m going up to mammoth in a few weeks, I’m thinking of renting a few and see what I like.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:31 AM, Cookie said:

Do not leave them plugged in when you are not home, saw my buddies garage go up in flames...............he had a camera inside his garage so we saw how it happened............he was lucky and was at home and save a lot.

On an RV forum I’m on, same thing happened to guy in his Moho. Took the battery out of his e-bike and took into the Moho to charge it. Battery caught fire and he said each cell exploded like a grenade. He drained 3 fire extinguishers trying to put fire out. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2022 at 6:05 PM, Fireballsocal said:

IMG_1214.jpeg

On 5/31/2022 at 6:31 PM, TheLatinLover said:

IM too short & chunky so I needed to drop the seat so I could reach the pedals

There, I fixed it for ya :cheers: :dunno:

Edited by Orange_R
  • Haha 2

• Forum Moderator

I've heard E Bikes are for cheaters. Peace

• Haha 3

On 5/31/2022 at 12:41 PM, Fishlips said:

Build your own and have a bad ass bike like this. It will pull wheelies with a hit of the throttle. 

1654026035342442313189995439285.jpg

that's what I did.....turned my beach cruiser into an e-bike. Right about $500.

So, I am 51 years old and love mtn biking.

I was riding a local trail when I see these 3 guys at the bottom of the hill as I'm on a switchback...few minutes later they are gaining and I'm like no way I'm gonna let them pass me and I pour it on.

Next switch back they are getting close...  :kenk:

All the sudden I hear them......bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I look over at them as they pass me!

Under my breath, EFFING Cheaters...they looked to be half my age too.

:bs:

I'm going to hold out like the mad PoohToe @TheLatinLover and maybe think about it at 65 if I can.

:dbart:

:lmao:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dbart said:

So, I am 51 years old and love mtn biking.

I was riding a local trail when I see these 3 guys at the bottom of the hill as I'm on a switchback...few minutes later they are gaining and I'm like no way I'm gonna let them pass me and I pour it on.

Next switch back they are getting close...  :kenk:

All the sudden I hear them......bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr , I look over at them as they pass me!

Under my breath, EFFING Cheaters...they looked to be half my age too.

:bs:

I'm going to hold out like the mad PoohToe @TheLatinLover and maybe think about it at 65 if I can.

:dbart:

:lmao:

When they first came out a guy who use to dune with us had one.  He was in his mid 60's a the time.  He got behind a group of the road bikers with his. After about the 3rd light of him being right behind them. They would look back to see if the old man on a cruiser was still hanging and he was.  He said then he saw them put their heads down and get to pedaling. Well he was almost home at that point so he let off a little bit, lit up a smoke and gave it full throttle and passed them up while puffing away.  He said the look on the first guy's face was WTF and the guy almost crashed.  Just as he passed the last guy he turned off the main road into his hood. 

• Haha 3

On 6/1/2022 at 7:02 AM, Surf and Dune said:

I picked these up about a year ago. Basic cruiser style with a little suspension in front, hydraulic brakes etc. I paid about $1,800.00 each, no tax. I think for the money, they are about the best quality, best looking bikes I've seen for the money. 

20220601_064350 (1).jpg

Where did you buy it at?

11 hours ago, HBLOWEN said:

Where did you buy it at?

https://soulbeachcruisers.com/

Here's the link. They are located in AZ, but they have a warehouse in Cerritos CA, that you can will call. I just had a buddy buy 2 a couple weeks ago. He called them up, mentioned a friend had a couple, and got a couple extras no cost plus no tax. 

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that ever since the  'rona hit, it seems like every kid in the South Bay got an e-bike (I swear it must be keeping up with the Joneses kinda thing).  They are everywhere and they are a menace, worse then Lancers in their team kits riding in pace lines.

On a regular bike, being able to ride 20 mph for long periods is considered being a pretty strong rider.  With some e-bikes being able to do 25+,  the kids effing crank up their motors and sit in the middle of the road with little safety wear or knowledge of how to act in traffic.  Also see them  blowing through stop signs at speed.  Unfortunately, some poor kid is gonna get hurt and only because they don't know any better  . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Board Moderator

Loved the old HONDA Ads...when blame was still attributed to the user.

112 HONDA logo stupid hurts honda l[1]

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, South Bay said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that ever since the  'rona hit, it seems like every kid in the South Bay got an e-bike (I swear it must be keeping up with the Joneses kinda thing).  They are everywhere and they are a menace, worse then Lancers in their team kits riding in pace lines.

On a regular bike, being able to ride 20 mph for long periods is considered being a pretty strong rider.  With some e-bikes being able to do 25+,  the kids effing crank up their motors and sit in the middle of the road with little safety wear or knowledge of how to act in traffic.  Also see them  blowing through stop signs at speed.  Unfortunately, some poor kid is gonna get hurt and only because they don't know any better  . . .

Local humor re above post

image.png.383be79925b4687e8d5481ea19c6923a.png

• Haha 2