The never ending build thread, '95 21' Daytona Outboard to Jet Conversion and Restoration

Orange_R

Posted (edited)

It's been almost 5 years since this started... I just want to see it through! There's been lots and lots of money spent so far, MSR Performance did the rails, Tim Place did the pump and Redline did the engine(555 CI BBC) Carrera did some of the glass work and repair but it may be going somewhere else to redo the rub rail because I can't stand shoddy finish work. After doing the conversion, we found structural damage in the left front sponson, had I found it up front I would have never purchased the boat to begin with. But here we are!

Daytona 21 2.jpg

Daytona 21 1.jpg

IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

Edited by Orange_R

I'm still accumulating all the shiny parts to put the motor back together but hoping to set it in this weekend

IMG_0582.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great and a hell of a project! Are outboard and jet bottoms the same?

• Like 1

On the late 21's they were, this one will eventually be worked and blueprinted but I have 0 funds for that now after all this

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Looks great, keep it forever it'll all be worth it. 

Thanks, I think I've got everything to at least get the motor set in this weekends now... still have a list of stuff to get to make it run but it'll at least be floatable soon

Edited by Orange_R

• 1 month later...

cleanup almost done on the motor, supposed to be getting the valve covers today(we'll see how that goes) Need the new bolts for the crank pulley as well, then the plates will be added so I can start mocking it up in the hull.

GAIC5588.JPG

IMG_1898.PNG

QSML6027.JPG

SWAO5612.JPG

• Like 1

Wow, quite the transformation.  Lots of work but looks great.  I never thought about switching engine types on a boat, but you made it look factory!  Well factory plus a lot of upgrades!   

Edited by Budlight69
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Budlight69 said:

Wow, quite the transformation.  Lots of work but looks great.  I never thought about switching engine types on a boat, but you made it look factory!  Well factory plus a lot of upgrades!   

it's been a tough road, lots of guys involved both good and bad :lol: thanks for the compliments!

• Like 1

The valve covers were finally finished up yesterday, custom stuff is a PITA to get these days. Got those and the exhaust installed last night. Will be making a new set of plug wires tonight and replacing the cap and rotor with a new set.

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

• Like 2

Joe you need to hurry this thing up so you can figure out a price, I'm ready to come get it

Lol

Dude that thing is looking sweet 😍 

• Board Moderator

River Season . . . .tick tock, tick tock....Time is running out.

Time Running Late GIF by MANGOTEETH

1 hour ago, Looney Duner said:

Joe you need to hurry this thing up so you can figure out a price, I'm ready to come get it

Lol

Dude that thing is looking sweet 😍 

Bring $50K and take it away... I just ordered another $700 in parts today... my total bill to date is $56k

12 minutes ago, Crusty said:

River Season . . . .tick tock, tick tock....Time is running out.

Time Running Late GIF by MANGOTEETH

I've already missed the season, I need another $2k in parts plus what I spent today before shell be ready. On the brighter side, I priced out a brand new one and it was $140k so I'm still ahead(at least that's what I keep telling myself)

• Like 2