What Camp Chairs Do You Like?

21 minutes ago, Jtmoney714 said:

I actually sat in one this weekend. It’s not worth 300$. 

Come on man-really. You posted this right after I order them 😀😀😀

10 hours ago, MWB said:

in my old group one of the guy's mom would take chairs like those cut out all of that plastic that would stretch and macrame new seats and backs.  They were so early 80's wish  I still had mine.

my dad still does that lol.

1 hour ago, Dockmaster said:

Bigger? I’m already dreading the fuel cost when I fill my 1400 gallon capacity and then burn it at 80 gallons an hour. I might have to slow down this year to get the fuel burn rate to something tolerable 💰💰💰💰

holy cow, 1400 gallons of gas? and I was crying earlier at 4.79 a gallon for reg unleaded in my company rental that held 12 gallons lol

18 minutes ago, Dockmaster said:

Come on man-really. You posted this right after I order them 😀😀😀

Lol that’s how it always works. It’s a nice chair. I own plenty of yeti products. But I’d have trouble buying it at 100$. 

5 minutes ago, zilla68 said:

holy cow, 1400 gallons of gas? and I was crying earlier at 4.79 a gallon for reg unleaded in my company rental that held 12 gallons lol

Diesel not gas. Just my luck, diesel is more expensive than gas now 🤑🤑

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

Bigger? I’m already dreading the fuel cost when I fill my 1400 gallon capacity and then burn it at 80 gallons an hour. I might have to slow down this year to get the fuel burn rate to something tolerable 💰💰💰💰

Ouch!

80 gallons an hour, wow. 
When I did America’s Great Loop I wasn’t even close to that. Of course I never got on plane because day in and day out for a year that would be very expensive. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2022 at 7:38 PM, Time2Dune said:

ARB

ED406D0B-9ACB-4527-AC01-A72DEC738575.png

If you need a quad fold I like the looks of this one. I dont care for the soft arms on most like these. I also use the arms to get up and they all eventually bend. This one looks like it may hold up better.

Edit to ask, does it really weigh 28lbs?!

Edited by matt86m

• 2 weeks later...

16DEAD4E-AEE1-42B4-B0B8-1F6A1B95C3C5.thumb.png.98d3171d8ca2514d62de87ba21de8d60.png

We have a bunch of these. They suck. Used to be built better but the last two or three we’ve bought don’t last. I know. You get what you pay for at $20 but at least last a season. 

On 6/2/2022 at 5:06 PM, Squatcher said:

Us too lots of them in camp.  They also keep you much warmer on cold nights.  Club chairs for the win

Same here. My whole camp went club chairs after this first couple showed up. The only issue I have with them is, they don't huddle around the campfire too well. We tried squeezing like 9 of them in a circle and the heat wouldn't reach as much due to the circle size. But meh, comfortable as hell for sure.

• Forum Moderator
On 6/17/2022 at 11:08 PM, Chingon619 said:

Same here. My whole camp went club chairs after this first couple showed up. The only issue I have with them is, they don't huddle around the campfire too well. We tried squeezing like 9 of them in a circle and the heat wouldn't reach as much due to the circle size. But meh, comfortable as hell for sure.

Trick is make an oval fire or make a 2 ft wide and 6 ft long fire. Works amazing

• Like 2

I had to move away from the usual folding type camp chairs as my back simply cannot handle the lack of any support. I rocked the 'director's' type chair for a few years but even those started to become an issue. Zero gravity chair for me currently but man, storing them is a PITA! The one from Costco is solid. Roomy for us large guys and has a side table too!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ElCaminoManT said:

I had to move away from the usual folding type camp chairs as my back simply cannot handle the lack of any support. I rocked the 'director's' type chair for a few years but even those started to become an issue. Zero gravity chair for me currently but man, storing them is a PITA! The one from Costco is solid. Roomy for us large guys and has a side table too!

x2

On 6/19/2022 at 6:56 AM, Squatcher said:

Trick is make an oval fire or make a 2 ft wide and 6 ft long fire. Works amazing

Ever since my group has gone to these chairs, the fire size is the issue. As you said, I found a long trough works best. You would think you would burn more wood this way but a few small fires keeps everyone warm longer than one giant one that keeps getting wood thrown in by people that didn’t bring wood in the first place!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

I may have mentioned this in another thread, but when I took all the chairs to the beach for my 16 year olds party, found a 1/2 burnt blunt in one of the zipper pockets.. 

6CACA501-A6A1-4330-B344-6E85A959A161.jpeg

Technically that is a joint.  A blunt is rolled with cigar or tobacco paper. You can tell an amateur rolled that.  
…not that I would know…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BONES said:

Technically that is a joint.  A blunt is rolled with cigar or tobacco paper. You can tell an amateur rolled that.  
…not that I would know…

Most people call him out for his Ozzy lifestyle. Never seen anyone call him out for a shitty weed roll!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought four of the Yeti camp chairs. Just back from first 3 day trip where they were used extensively on the deck. I am very happy with them. They are ridiculously stout and very comfortable. They are on the heavy side which doesn’t bother me given my intended use but if you needed to carry them a distance I could see it being a problem. 

9 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

I bought four of the Yeti camp chairs. Just back from first 3 day trip where they were used extensively on the deck. I am very happy with them. They are ridiculously stout and very comfortable. They are on the heavy side which doesn’t bother me given my intended use but if you needed to carry them a distance I could see it being a problem. 

Can you post a link. 

Damn,  I am way too cheap to buy something like that. Glad they worked out for you though. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 2:43 PM, Big_Daddy_Jp said:

Ever since my group has gone to these chairs, the fire size is the issue. As you said, I found a long trough works best. You would think you would burn more wood this way but a few small fires keeps everyone warm longer than one giant one that keeps getting wood thrown in by people that didn’t bring wood in the first place!

We've been supplementing the wood fire with a smudgepot.  I added a 2' piece of 8" stainless single wall chimney pipe to it so the smoke clears everyone near by so no one gets stuck with the shitty spot downwind like usual.  8" chimney pipe fits "close enough" to sheetmetal screw into place.  

Amazon.com : Coleman ComfortSmart Suspension Camping Chair : Camping Chairs : Sports & Outdoors

I have been rocking these for a couple of years, I really like them, super comfy

81Iv7pprkHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

23 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Amazon.com : Coleman ComfortSmart Suspension Camping Chair : Camping Chairs : Sports & Outdoors

I have been rocking these for a couple of years, I really like them, super comfy

81Iv7pprkHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I like the looks of that one.