Beer Butt Chicken

Esco

These were a fad once, I still like them as the bird stays moist, any new options?

image.png.91236b099cdce240ce2fa7df0a4ea5ee.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, matt86m said:

Spatchcock. 

cut the back out, lay it flat. 

done that way also, works for me

Just now, 2dasand said:

I think smoking is the new thing.

Kinda why I posted, everyone I know does pellet smokers now, not to many do grilling

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Esco said:

Kinda why I posted, everyone I know does pellet smokers now, not to many do grilling

I have to admit - we use 1 of our 2 Traeger's very often.  I do still however insist that a Tri-Tip must be done on a charcoal BBQ.  It's just not the same on a smoker!!

My wife uses the smokers for EVERYTHING. She does cookies, pies, cobblers, casserole's,  etc.  It's pretty bad (LOL), but good!

• Like 2

I do this with my turkey as well.  I like my meat MOIST..................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, matt86m said:

Spatchcock. 

cut the back out, lay it flat. 

Spathcocked turkey is the best - breaking that bone though literally took wrapping it, putting it on the floor and stepping on it (ok, more like stomping)!

37 minutes ago, 2dasand said:

I have to admit - we use 1 of our 2 Traeger's very often.  I do still however insist that a Tri-Tip must be done on a charcoal BBQ.  It's just not the same on a smoker!!

My wife uses the smokers for EVERYTHING. She does cookies, pies, cobblers, casserole's,  etc.  It's pretty bad (LOL), but good!

My kids came for dinner once and I had done a vegetable lasagna on the Traeger...they were not impressed...lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2dasand said:

Tritips belong over coals! 

• Like 1