Jump to content

Any business owners here suffering with $7/g fuel prices?


1newbie
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Board Moderator

We're lucky enough to have Newport harbor as our service area. My clients will enjoy less people at the island and not care too much about fuel costs. 

Now the smaller boats are definitely not going out. Dry stack launching is down 80% from this time last year. 

So for me. When my big boat clients slow down, that's when we will slow down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Freight and shortages are killing me. Both are fighting each other to be the one that drowns my proposals in red. Freight goes up to eat profit, shortages make it so I can’t ship anything so I get poked in the anus on the next freight hike. 

Until we fix literally all of this page:

https://usdebtclock.org

Going to keep getting worse. In 2008, we cured an economic hangover with more drinking. When the party stops, gonna be not fun. 

Edited by Rockwood
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 1HasBeen said:

US-QE-COVID19.png

See that lil hook at the top? Watch where it goes from here…..

They are now selling off assets to tighten money supply.

The economy is cyclical. Got almost nothing to do with who is captain. Slight political bumps here and there but overall it’s gonna do what it’s gonna do. Covid was an anomaly.

Hard assets are king right now.

Who bought oil stock when oil went below zero for a day? I certainly did. Not complaining over our performance in XOM. Let fuel prices run. It’s a wash if you were invested early.

https://www.google.com/search?q=xom+stock&oq=xom&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j46i199i433i465i512j0i433i512l3j46i131i433i512j0i433i512j46i10i199i465i512j0i131i433i512j0i433i512.3292j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Skyward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Freight and shortages are killing me. Both are fighting each other to be the one that drowns my proposals in red. Freight goes up to eat profit, shortages make it so I can’t ship anything so I get poked in the anus on the next freight hike. 

Until we fix literally all of this page:

https://usdebtclock.org

Going to keep getting worse. In 2008, we cured an economic hangover with more drinking. When the party stops, gonna be not fun. 

The ONLY thing on that clock that I give even the remotest chit about is social security burden. 2 more years to collect on my forced contribution. Maybe I get some?

Guess what the gubment will do when there is a shortfall? That’s right, more QE…..

Let’s have a guess at what fuel prices will be during that period. Food? Cars? Homes?

Edited by Skyward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Fed's intervention, and governments meddling have perverted the economic cycle. I was against bailouts and remain so. I have made many mistakes in life and business(successful family business for 54 years) and nobody bailed us out or paid for our mistakes. Too big to fail is bullshit. The bubble has just continued to get bigger and the pop will be more catastrophic.

 

82 Ode to mr. bubble ideas | mr., bubbles, stem play

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1HasBeen said:

The Fed's intervention, and governments meddling have perverted the economic cycle. I was against bailouts and remain so. I have made many mistakes in life and business(successful family business for 54 years) and nobody bailed us out or paid for our mistakes. Too big to fail is bullshit. The bubble has just continued to get bigger and the pop will be more catastrophic.

 

I gotta get me some o that bubble bath. Mr Bubble looks pretty happy.

Edited by Skyward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not selling any of my toys, the Corvette, the F250, the boat, the sandrail, the pusher, I'm keeping it all. Whatever is going on in the world today is not going to break me down, I'm not caving in to the pressure. I'm not a business owner, I sign the back of my paycheck. Life is just as good for us today as it was back whenever it was thought to be better. If you pay less attention to what the fake news reports you all will feel better about everything. If the price of fuel is what is making you unhappy, you are probably overextended and living beyond your means already. 

Don't worry, be happy.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, KLC said:

I'm not selling any of my toys, the Corvette, the F250, the boat, the sandrail, the pusher, I'm keeping it all. Whatever is going on in the world today is not going to break me down, I'm not caving in to the pressure. I'm not a business owner, I sign the back of my paycheck. Life is just as good for us today as it was back whenever it was thought to be better. If you pay less attention to what the fake news reports you all will feel better about everything. If the price of fuel is what is making you unhappy, you are probably overextended and living beyond your means already. 

Don't worry, be happy.

You sound very successful. I’m sure you paid cash for all of it and are not overextended. Congratulations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skyward said:

The ONLY thing on that clock that I give even the remotest chit about is social security burden. 2 more years to collect on my forced contribution. I hope I get to collect for a few years at least.

Guess what they gubment will do when there is a shortfall? That’s right, more QE…..

Let’s have a guess at what fuel prices will be during that period. Food? Cars? Homes?

Party will end eventually. All of the numbers on that site point to problems. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skyward said:

Edited by Skyward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Party will end eventually. All of the numbers on that site point to problems. 

One day, not tomorrow.........images.png.17ca7e7e1a9442ac1b3cbe69c80d42fc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully everyone is better prepared for this one. Prepare yourself and make sure the seatbelts are tight. I survived the last one barely without losing or selling anything. I have been laying the groundwork to survive this one as well and keep all employees on board no matter what happens with the economy. By the end of summer the only debt we will have is utilities and taxes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 7:29 AM, MWB said:

Between Gas prices and the prices for PVC, Copper and Steel jobs we are lucky if we are seeing any profit.  Add in the delays to get materials  to start the projects and it gets worse.  I have a job that the GC promised the customer would be in and operating by mid October and we will not have the Service Entrance Section for power  until almost Christmas.  Now the customer is asking their current landlord if they can stay and they are telling them the suite is already leased. 

There will become a point when people just stop spending money until things get better.

 

We (Siemens) are at 50 weeks on SWBD's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Skyward said:

One day, not tomorrow.........images.png.17ca7e7e1a9442ac1b3cbe69c80d42fc.png

Uh, their economy collapsed and they voted in Fascism just to the right of this graph… Lol

Edited by Rockwood
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Skyward said:

You sound very successful. I’m sure you paid cash for all of it and are not overextended. Congratulations!

Yes and no, we're just a couple of everyday folks who work hard and save more than we spend. It's not a hard thing to do. 

 

Edited by KLC
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BentTrix said:

We (Siemens) are at 50 weeks on SWBD's. 

I know, I know and Sun Valley is at almost 30.

 

Problem is GC's are still promising 16 week construction schedules. I have one the GC promised and they gave notice at the current location. Once they found out they wouldn't have power until November they asked the Landlord if they could month to month until they got finished but it was already leased.

Now this testing lab who is so busy they had to expand is going to be down at least 6 weeks instead of 1 week.  Not sure who they are testing for or what they are testing but I am sure this will not help somebody's supply chain issue.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, KLC said:

I'm not selling any of my toys, the Corvette, the F250, the boat, the sandrail, the pusher, I'm keeping it all. Whatever is going on in the world today is not going to break me down, I'm not caving in to the pressure. I'm not a business owner, I sign the back of my paycheck. Life is just as good for us today as it was back whenever it was thought to be better. If you pay less attention to what the fake news reports you all will feel better about everything. If the price of fuel is what is making you unhappy, you are probably overextended and living beyond your means already. 

Don't worry, be happy.

I agree with most of this, but paying out over $1k more a month for fuel is complete bullshit... I'm not selling but that doesn't mean it doesn't completely SUCK! I don't like taking a pay cut and that's exactly what this is, a $10% pay cut. When it hits $10.00 are you still gonna be thinking the same thing? When a trip to GLamis or the river costs $2500-3k for a weekend?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, KLC said:

I'm not selling any of my toys, the Corvette, the F250, the boat, the sandrail, the pusher, I'm keeping it all. Whatever is going on in the world today is not going to break me down, I'm not caving in to the pressure. I'm not a business owner, I sign the back of my paycheck. Life is just as good for us today as it was back whenever it was thought to be better. If you pay less attention to what the fake news reports you all will feel better about everything. If the price of fuel is what is making you unhappy, you are probably overextended and living beyond your means already. 

Don't worry, be happy.

I'm right here with you, no gloom insight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

I've purchased TWO (2) Ice Picks.....One for each Eyeball. Peace

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Orange_R said:

I agree with most of this, but paying out over $1k more a month for fuel is complete bullshit... I'm not selling but that doesn't mean it doesn't completely SUCK! I don't like taking a pay cut and that's exactly what this is, a $10% pay cut. When it hits $10.00 are you still gonna be thinking the same thing? When a trip to GLamis or the river costs $2500-3k for a weekend?

I'm 190 miles from Gordons and it takes exactly 50 gallons of diesel to drive up and back and use the generator for a few hours. I'd still go if diesel went to $10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I don't think we will see is an empty dunes, What we will see is not as crowded area's but more crowds during the week.  The retired people and full timers are not going to stop they just might not make as many runs per day.  People just making more out of a trip to make it pay. Instead of six trips at  3 days each people will start making 4 trips  at 5 days.

Also what I think is you will see is a lot of people call it a season after minor breaks. Either because of the difficulty of finding parts or cost of them will make it so minor repairs can wipe out the rest of the season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, Skyward said:

Yes. Suffering. Steel contracting business. I pulled back on business a year ago as the costs and inefficiency equaled slim to no profit. Thank god we are not driving our trucks as often to job sites to install “pieces” of jobs at a time. We used to have to move in on jobs 2-3 times total. Now the superintendents call constantly to get a sliver of the job just to keep it moving because all the trades before us are in a mess also.

Feels like 3rd world status is just around the corner.

Those that blame “this or that” fed government policy for our condition are clueless. Any in power would have made the same QE decisions. It started in the Trump regime. The Dems DID push for more QE but it failed to pass (which it was bound to but they had to put on a show to buy votes). State policy appears to be more damaging. California policy is just getting absurd. We can vote there with our zip code.

Domestic oil production is not down, in fact is on the rise. Keystone is one controversial example that is being overblown. 

Yes, some policies have small cause and affect here and there but overall this is just a correction to a worldwide overconsumption economy. This was going to happen sooner or later. Covid just accelerated the due date.

The rest of the world lived with prices this high for decades. Time for change. Nowhere else do they drive inefficient vehicles as the norm as we do. 

We are not in control of the worlds resources any longer.

Want to get ahead of the curve? Start selling your toys NOW. Don’t wait until SHTF….

You ain’t seen nothing yet! The “real” bad is coming…..

"Those that blame "this or that" fed government policy for our condition are clueless" 

"Domestic oil production is not down, in fact is on the rise. Keystone is one controversial example that is being overblown."

"Yes, some policies have small cause and affect here and there..." 

You can't be serious...  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy