Jump to content

SXS Weld Porn or Weld Horror?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Pretty interesting how they make the iPhone and why Apple will not leave Foxconn & China. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-WCA8L2d4

 

 

Edited by NIKAL
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to welds. I found these pictures I had from last year of the first Speed pre production chassis parts that were sent to NC for inspection. 
 

Robby said these were robot welded parts for the soon to be assembled pre production cars. Robby mentioned at the time the straight welds or plate welds were looking good. 
 

99BBFD05-6014-46A2-A23A-ACB5ED16AF4C.thumb.png.09a940be2fa7af3b25eb300e2f3603d9.pngA7A105ED-5E0C-413D-B9B0-6168229AF881.thumb.jpeg.09fbe5c065d172f74791d5cf5e2e05f3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NIKAL said:

Pretty interesting how they make the iPhone and why Apple will not leave Foxconn & China. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-WCA8L2d4

 

 

Yeah all that useless labor is why China INSISTS Apple manufacture there  - keep all those barely skilled ex - rice patty pickers in jobs - not a knock on the people reality of a communist government - and even that video is not exactly accurate

Lots of "guessing there with stock photography - apple manufacturing is kept secret - been there many times

I would bet robotic welding is not making jobs for chinese other than building robots

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NIKAL said:

Back to welds. I found these pictures I had from last year of the first Speed pre production chassis parts that were sent to NC for inspection. 
 

Robby said these were robot welded parts for the soon to be assembled pre production cars. Robby mentioned at the time the straight welds or plate welds were looking good. 
 

99BBFD05-6014-46A2-A23A-ACB5ED16AF4C.thumb.png.09a940be2fa7af3b25eb300e2f3603d9.pngA7A105ED-5E0C-413D-B9B0-6168229AF881.thumb.jpeg.09fbe5c065d172f74791d5cf5e2e05f3.jpeg

I have never seen "used parts" robotically welded as a test?  seems strange

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Fullthrottleguy said:

I have never seen "used parts" robotically welded as a test?  seems strange

 

What do you mean “used parts”. Who said these pictures were of a used part? These were new parts sent over for evaluation prior to the “Pre Production” cars being built. In one of the weekly videos last year, I think around the Baja 500 Robby showed stacks of parts coming in for them to evaluate. He ended up taking one of the Speed UTV steering wheels and mounting it in the TT and racing with it to compare it to the MPI wheel he was using. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

What do you mean “used parts”. Who said these pictures were of a used part? These were new parts sent over for evaluation prior to the “Pre Production” cars being built. In one of the weekly videos last year, I think around the Baja 500 Robby showed stacks of parts coming in for them to evaluate. He ended up taking one of the Speed UTV steering wheels and mounting it in the TT and racing with it to compare it to the MPI wheel he was using. 

sorry all I meant is this looks like an old rusty part  with a new clean weld

if its new I apologize   - i just was taught to clean stuff up before you weld it

555383500_ScreenShot2022-06-24at12_15_17PM.thumb.png.07d3531654e38bf81b8c43af3107c0e1.png

 

Edited by Fullthrottleguy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know about any of you folks but I get so bored looking at the stacked MIG welds. If you are going to MIG it, just MIG it. If you want the stacked look use a TIG and be done with it. If anyone thinks a robotic weld has to be crappy, think again. Apparently the Germans at Porsche have it figured out.

28848B8B-2D18-4CCA-8F46-A66BC0A9A893.jpeg

Edited by KLC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of you SxS guys can get as excited as you want about them, a SxS will never, ever give you the same thrill as big buggy with a six liter will in the dunes. Ever! LOL

Back to the scheduled programming.

Edited by KLC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KLC said:

All of you SxS guys can get as excited as you want about them, a SxS will never, ever give you the same thrill as big buggy with a six liter will in the dunes. Ever! LOL

Back to the scheduled programming.

I agree. However, a SxS can go other places where a big buggy can’t. 
Having said that, I sometimes regret sell my SU Sand Pro 2 mid engine. It had some very nice welds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, KLC said:

All of you SxS guys can get as excited as you want about them, a SxS will never, ever give you the same thrill as big buggy with a six liter will in the dunes. Ever! LOL

Back to the scheduled programming.

Don't know about that. I had quite the blast roasting RZRs in a 2017 canam at the races. Have had class 1 buggies and a trophy truck and in all honesty the fun factor of racing the canam was 100x that of TT simply because the cost to race is 1/100 of a TT. 

 

Your mileage may vary but sweeping generalizations don't work for everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 10:51 AM, CampfiresNbrews said:

Speaking of that little devil. Where has he been lately? Haven’t seen any posts from him in a while. Don’t say it LOTD, there’s no way he’s adding anymore gussets to his gussets.:rofl: @Sand Shark where you at man?

I am back!  I was in Mexico looking for gussets for LOTD.  🤣🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, KLC said:

All of you SxS guys can get as excited as you want about them, a SxS will never, ever give you the same thrill as big buggy with a six liter will in the dunes. Ever! LOL

Back to the scheduled programming.

I believe you are correct when it comes to duning. You can’t beat a properly set up sand car for that application. Now most people with big sand cars don’t use them in the hard pack. Not built for it nor is it set up for it. A SXS on the other hand, can be used for many applications. So if you aren’t made of money to own several different toys, the SXS is your best bet.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, KLC said:

All of you SxS guys can get as excited as you want about them, a SxS will never, ever give you the same thrill as big buggy with a six liter will in the dunes. Ever! LOL

Back to the scheduled programming.

That really depends on how you drive a sandrail.  I have seen some sandrail groups rolling through the dunes and can tell you’ riding in a SXS would be more  thrilling.  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

That really depends on how you drive a sandrail.  I have seen some sandrail groups rolling through the dunes and can tell you’ riding in a SXS would be more  thrilling.  
 

Thrilling - Especially the roll overs  - they are really exciting and way harder to experience in a good sand car :classic_biggrin:

Please don't flame me - its a joke  - kinda -

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fullthrottleguy said:

Thrilling - Especially the roll overs  - they are really exciting and way harder to experience in a good sand car :classic_biggrin:

Please don't flame me - its a joke  - kinda -

A few seasons ago we were going around a good size bowl and there was a group going in the opposite direction riding the ridge above us.  Dude somehow rolled his SXS as we were passing below him.  Now that was thrilling.  LOL!

There is no denying the power of a turbo sandcar or V8 powered car and the fun of being able to hit the turning brakes coming into a corner.  Especially if the sandrail driver knows what they are doing.   I enjoy chasing down my friend's that can drive a rail in my Can Am.  It is a workout for sure.   

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

That really depends on how you drive a sandrail.  I have seen some sandrail groups rolling through the dunes and can tell you’ riding in a SXS would be more  thrilling.  
 

Hit us up next season for a dune run. :biggrin:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, Sand Shark said:

I am back!  I was in Mexico looking for gussets for LOTD.  🤣🤣

Were you with the Kelson's, was talking to Wade this weekend and he had just got back from Mexico. They went to the Chenoweth museum, & running the beaches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dune-Track-N said:

Were you with the Kelson's, was talking to Wade this weekend and he had just got back from Mexico. They went to the Chenoweth museum, & running the beaches. 

I was on a cruise.   No offroad trips to Mexico until maybe Sept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy