Sign in to follow this  
Slappy

SLAPPY'S BEST A DA MONTH AWARD...

What a slapptacious month for da McScrappbook. Slap do gotta say dat big had and Omnivore made it a very tight race...But HOT DAMN, KingGlamis's piece on freedom just makes da Slapsters hair stand on end--"HEY, SLAP AIN'T TALKIN ABOUT DA HAIR ON HIS BACK". Slap be usin NADS for dat...Anyways, da following piece be deservin Slappy's BEST A DA MONTH AWARD for the month of September...

Great piece KG, keep them a comin... [big Grin]

Posted by KingGlamis—9-5-2002

As our great county, and even the world, prepares for the infamous September 11th, one year after one of the most horrific days in our history, I can't help but think about the Freedom I enjoy as an American citizen. Freedom to me is Glamis. No place on Earth makes me feel more Free than Glamis. No contest.

When I am at Glamis, my heart and soul are at peace. Nothing else matters.

When I arrive at Glamis, I camp where I want to. Nobody tells me what space to park in. There are thousands of places to camp, and the Freedom to choose where I spend the weekend is up to me, and me alone.

In the morning I awake to a beautiful sunrise, and I'm surrounded by sand and great friends. Life could not be better. Breakfast never tasted so good. Coffee never smelled or tasted better. I have the Freedom to eat in ten minutes or take an hour. It doesn't matter. I'm Free.

When I go on a dune ride, I'm excited, happy, and Free. I can dune slow, fast, stop for a break whenever I want, ride as long as I want... I am truely, truely enjoying my Freedom. If I see a bowl that looks like fun, I go for it. There are no stop signs or lanes I need to worry about. I head where I want, when I want, and I do it however I want to. I'm Free. And when I find that perfect bowl, I can rail around it as fast as I want to as many times as I care to. I could do circles in that one bowl all day if I choose to. Or I could circle it once and head on to the next thrill. That, my friends, is the ultimate Freedom.

Sometimes I like to just take a walk in the sand. Occasionally I even do this with my shoes and socks off. Feeling the sand under my feet, between my toes, just wandering aimlessly. I have no schedule, no time-clock, no issues. I can walk for five minutes or hours on end. I enjoy this Freedom as an American citizen. And I don't take MY Freedom for granted.

I am not alone in my love for the Freedom that Glamis gives me. Thanks to Glamis I have made many friends with the same interests. These friends clearly share my sentiments. We laugh together, we dune together, we cook meals and eat together, and we have the times of our lives together. We are able to do these things for one reason, and one reason only. Freedom.

Glamis Freedom. It is THE most important thing in my life.

[ 10-03-2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Slappy ]

Congrats Doug! Great piece...

What does he win???

Wow! Thanks a bunch Slappy! I feel honored.

Proud to be an American.

Proud to be a Duner.

KG..way to go! Excellent piece by the way!

Good job, Doug. Only 6 more days until GLAMIS!!!!!! [Disturbed][Disturbed][Disturbed][Disturbed][beer]

dam, you must do that wrintin stuff for a livin or somthin [Wink][beer][beer]

Thats a great piece. Congrats KG

You deserve the prize for that doug, good job.

What do he win tres? HMMMM, looks like da Slapter is gonna have to dig down into his McGrab-bag and see what he's got...OOOOHHHH it be lookin like somethin perty darned sweet...It's a...

Now Slap don't wanna ruin da surprise do he? [Wink]

Hey Slap, got my GD.com Halloween shirt today. Thanks a bunch, it's cool! [big Grin]

Roses be red violets be tan I wants to play in da sand. Slappy whats Buttwheat get for his little dide. [big Grin]

You get yoself a big ol pat on the back Buttwheat! [Wink]

Buttwheat,

Rosses are red

Vilots are blue

Iffin youd stop runnin

Maybe they woulnt be chassin you

[ 10-07-2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Texas Duner ]

Well now congrads babe! Slappy, I thought it was a very deserving piece of literature myself. But then again, I may be biased..... [Love][Love][Love]