Hand pump project

Bobalos

My wife found this at a yard sale.  It seemed to work okay so I figured I would clean it up.  I took it apart and it looked OK, so rather than mess with it, I simple cleaned it up and painted it.  New clamp and it seems to work pretty well.  

20220622_180854.jpg

20220622_180847.jpg

• Like 2

• Board Moderator

pump you up hans and franz GIF

Nice job.

• Haha 2

Crusty posted what i was thinking!!! 

Secondary joke was something along the lines of painting it rainbow color to please the world. If you dont youre a racist homophobe.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wopachop said:

Crusty posted what i was thinking!!! 

Secondary joke was something along the lines of painting it rainbow color to please the world. If you dont youre a racist homophobe.   

Im like Henry Ford (in this way). "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants, so long as it is black."

They are the best thing for bikes and quads. No batteries to be dead, No losing the air chuck or searching for an adapter of some kind , don't have to start a generator and wait for a compressor.  Best thing is the hose is always long enough to reach where ever the bike is sitting.

Right @sndsamplr

• Like 2

I used to have a buddy that I drag raced with & he had one in the box on the tongue of his open trailer.  he would get it out & walk to the back of his old box Nova & start pumping air into his slicks.  I thought it was hilarious & he said "Im not inflating the tire from empty, Im just adding a 1/4 Lb. for the air cooling off".  40 seconds later it he was done.........

It actually made a lot of sense. 

And.......... no one wanted to steal it.  LOL

what the hell kind of wheel has that kind of valve???? 

1 hour ago, Bobalos said:

Here you go. LOL

presta valve adaptor

Actually, the newer bicycle floor pumps have a head that works with either valve style. 

This pump is certainly not "newer".  LOL. 

that is interesting though.  Id never seen one until my sister in law brought over her "fancy 10 speed".

1 hour ago, Bobalos said:

This pump is certainly not "newer".  LOL. 

that is interesting though.  Id never seen one until my sister in law brought over her "fancy 10 speed".

I bought a Silca pump $$ for my fancy bicycles and it has been a great tool for over a decade.  They've been made in America since 1917 .   This one sells for $500 and is sold out on thir web site . . .

image.png.a5ec2c7d5945d2e41072733e4c51bf9a.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Might be tough to re-seat a bead on your paddles with that guy.

Maybe true,  but in a few beers I might be able to add a 1/2 a Lb to one of them.  LOL 

1 hour ago, Crusty said:

Request] How many pumps would it take to fill this tire to 40 psi? :  r/theydidthemath

with all of the shortages & production issues, this is what work feels like now...............  LOL

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 6/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, MWB said:

They are the best thing for bikes and quads. No batteries to be dead, No losing the air chuck or searching for an adapter of some kind , don't have to start a generator and wait for a compressor.  Best thing is the hose is always long enough to reach where ever the bike is sitting.

Right @sndsamplr

You are correct sir😁