Screamin Ian

How To Dump Your Rig In No Time.

OK, I know I said I could dump in about 5 minutes, and I am not far from that, but using this technique I really believe that it can be done easily in less than 10 minutes. Here are the steps:

Materials needed:

sewer hose, (preferably around 6' minimum)

garden hose (25' is a good length)

flush kit for holding tanks, I have one for each tank (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?deptID=&subOf=252&skunum=7332)

see through sewage fitting (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?deptID=3&subOf=44,19&prodID=3709)

gloves

Steps:

1. While waiting for other people to dump, prepare your stuff, garden hose, sewer hose and fittings, and gloves

2. This is much easier with 2 people, but still can be done with one, have a spotter ready to tell you when to stop when the sewage outlet is closest to the dump hole.

3. have someone ready to turn on/off the water. attatch clear fitting to sewage outlet on your rig, then attatch sewer hose to fitting, stick end of hose into dump inlet.

4. attatch garden hose to tank flush connector, see link above for part, turn on hose, open black tank valves. once the water going through the clear fitting is clean, turn off water ( should dump in about 2-3 minutes)

5. attatch garden hose to grey tank flush connector, turn on water, open grey tank dump valve. water is clear, turn off water and disconnect hose.

6. disconnect sewer hose rinse out with garden hose, put hoses away in pre determined spot.

7. throw gloves away and you are on your way.

I have used this method close to 50 times, and after a 3 day weekend I have been able to do these steps in less than 6 minutes.

Hope this helps all that need it, I would like to hear any input/suggestions.

Here are some pics of the clear fitting to see when the tank is empty. and how the hoses are attatched to the sprayer in each tank, left is black, right is grey, I am going to make a Y connection with a diverter switch so I dont have to shut off the water to clean out the next tank. and the last pic is how the hose is attached to the tank itself.

post-3804-1113858240.jpg

post-3804-1113858273.jpg

post-3804-1113858298.jpg

I followed these directions from the last thread, works great! Thanks Ian!

Now we just need to get everyone in front of me at the dump to follow the same process... laughing.gif

we should print this up as a flyer and hand it out when people are waiting in line to dump. We have a dump station at our new pad so most of the time I will probably be using that instead of dumping in El Centro or Holtville

Here are some pics of the clear fitting to see when the tank is empty. and how the hoses are attatched to the sprayer in each tank, left is black, right is grey, I am going to make a Y connection with a diverter switch so I dont have to shut off the water to clean out the next tank. and the last pic is how the hose is attached to the tank itself.

951122[/snapback]

Do all rvs and trailers have these cause I have a 04 gearbox and I have never seen them but I have never really looked for em either...lol

I have push button release systems. When I get a tailgater coming home I pust the button...

good info though

951122[/snapback]

Do all rvs and trailers have these cause I have a 04 gearbox and I have never seen them but I have never really looked for em either...lol

1166197[/snapback]

I installed the flush kits in both tanks, I think they are around $20 each at camping world.

i only know of two dump stations coming home from gordons. which are: the truck station off of 4th in el centro. ( we like that one becuase you can kill two birds with one stone) -fuel up too- i know it's free if you get gas or $3.00 if it's a simple dump. there is also the one right off the 8. it's a rest area/dump station. does anyone know of any other ones? these seem to be getting a bit too busy! boxing.gif

I had a secret one in Holtville that nobody knew about, had been there for years, I went there after the first trip this season and the dump inlets were concreted in, and hose nozzles capped off. Now I just wait til I get home and dump.

The only ones I know of are 4th st. in El Centro, the one just outside el centro at the rest stop, and the one at the Buckman springs rest stop just before Mt. Laguna.

There's gotta be one at the Sunbeam Lakes campground (Drew Rd offramp), but I don't know (1) if they allow outside dumpers, or (2) what it would cost.

Edited by SAR Tracker

thanks for the reply! i guess you just have to be lucky. i went to gordons last weekend and we pulled up tp the dump station off of 4th in el centro (truck stop) and there was nobody there. as soon as my husband got out of the motorhome, the line was backed up atleast 6 other groups waiting to dump! wheeew! just in time!

I would call.. Sunbeam Lake RV Campgrounds, as well as Rio Vista Camp grounds... both on drew road 1mile past the rest area... Sunbeam is to the right Rio vista to the left.. :D

:mrdune:

I would call.. Sunbeam Lake RV Campgrounds, as well as Rio Vista Camp grounds... both on drew road 1mile past the rest area... Sunbeam is to the right Rio vista to the left.. :D

I bought the macerator from Camping World. You carry the weight in your holding tank(s) home but you can dump fresh water to at least lose some weight, then take your time and empty straight into a cleanout at home. Also, I bought a wand to break up the heavy stuff at the bottom to really get a thorough cleaning of my holding black. No more waiting at dump stations with a macerator, although they're 250 bucks.

Another trick that helps when dumping black tank is dump a bag or cooler full of Ice in the toilet before you leave the dunes. it really breaks up all the paper and waste.

If you're going to turn the hose on before the dump valve is open, make sure your holding tanks aren't full. Could be a mess... :D

Edited by Rockwood

:mrdune:

I bought the macerator from Camping World. You carry the weight in your holding tank(s) home but you can dump fresh water to at least lose some weight, then take your time and empty straight into a cleanout at home. Also, I bought a wand to break up the heavy stuff at the bottom to really get a thorough cleaning of my holding black. No more waiting at dump stations with a macerator, although they're 250 bucks.

X2 Been using mine for a few years, zero problems :ck:

Another trick that helps when dumping black tank is dump a bag or cooler full of Ice in the toilet before you leave the dunes. it really breaks up all the paper and waste.

how do you get the bag out when your done? :sha:

how do you get the bag out when your done? :sha:

Funny dude....I tye a string to it then pull it back out!! Kinda like a tampon!!

This used to work, but we have dual black and grey tanks now, and that would be confusing. do you dump one black/one grey? do you dump both blacks then rinse both before dumping grey? Do you buy a 'Y' hose fitting so you can rinse both blacks at the same time? 

Can dump at Desert Trails RV Park off of 4th (opposite direction from truck stop) in El Centro.... $5.00...open to public.....usually no line ....

1 hour ago, WLD-OTZ said:

This used to work, but we have dual black and grey tanks now, and that would be confusing. do you dump one black/one grey? do you dump both blacks then rinse both before dumping grey? Do you buy a 'Y' hose fitting so you can rinse both blacks at the same time? 

You have 2 waste pipes?

I dump the black first then close the last valve back flush the grey into the black tank then dump the black again usually it comes out clear on the second time I have 120 gal ( 2 60 gal tanks shower and kitchen sink are separate) of grey to back flush with at the end of the season I use the tank washer for about 10 min a tank and leave the valves open when done.

2 hours ago, socaldmax said:

You have 2 waste pipes?

He's a big boy !

17 hours ago, socaldmax said:

You have 2 waste pipes?

Nope, but I have two black tank cleaner ports

15 hours ago, mike dee said:

He's a big boy !

Did you just call me fat?? 

2 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Nope, but I have two black tank cleaner ports

Did you just call me fat??