-8 AN fittings and hose - any dealers/good place to buy

Dune-Track-N

On 5/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, Big-Red said:

I'm sure TCR or Victry Circle in Bako can help you out. Victory circle will probably have everything in stock.

Victory used to be my go to for these kinda things, but over the years the stock level has dwindled to only the top 50 parts the racers break weekly and since there's limited to no racing.....

I'll try TCR, I've seen there fab work didn't know they stocked parts.

1 hour ago, Dune-Track-N said:

got all my fitting ordered on Friday from anfittings.com because the website said everything was in stock, paid for 2-day shipping hoping it would get here by Wednesday this week. What do ya know, 1/2 my order is out of stock and the other items won't be here till next week. I called and biatched at George and all he could do is cancel the out of stick items. They shipped the rest on Friday but the tracker still says it's in Florida....

Off to another method, and I'll just return the whole lot of whatever shows up.

That is no fun ...everything from outside the US is seeing huge delays ...   I had to replace a Brake Master cylinder last week on a Sand car and my buddy did not want to change everything over to JAMAR  - he wanted the CNC look. I tried everywhere to get a 3/4" MC - everyone said in stock, but I called  all were 6-8 weeks out- they said nothing from China is on time, not Empi or Latest rage, even Appletree in MI  that has Huge inventory of EMPI told me they have seen such big delays they are removing products from the online catalog because they have too many backorders.

If you buy name brand fittings you may have better luck because you can shop a few places and find stock, but they will definitely cost more than off shore, but I think you will have a hard time finding all the pieces you want unless you go ebay - all the off shore fittings are pretty much the same they we match in look

My dads shop sells Fragola. I have used quite a bit of it with no issues. 99% Made in USA. 

Connecticut USA

All of our products, (except for forgings) are manufactured in our facilities in Southington, Connecticut USA. We are continually improving our manufacturing process which includes adding in some automation to keep up with product demands and with the cost of offshore competition.

• Like 1

So update; when I talked to George he even said the items were in stock.... I could hear him entering all my parts into the system. He called "back" to the shipping department who said nope out of stock... Today I get my FedEX tracking info (2-day) after the 2.5 days to pack my order..... and guess what they found some of the missing parts.

I've already ordered Russell parts to fill the non-stock items. No credit yet

• Sad 1

I am a fan of G&J as mentioned, however another option in Upland is Bonaco.  I'm not sure where his forging is done, but I know they do a lot of the machining in Upland, and everything is anodized and done in CA.  They typically stock everything and I have never had a problem with their fittings, and I have never heard of a problem.

https://bonacoinc.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 4:31 PM, L.R.S. said:

Let me know what you think of the Racetronix stuff. Need to re-plumb my Albins trans pump so looking to get new hoses and fitting soon. I was skeptical about the anfittings.com so I tried them on my car before any clients cars. Been two seasons so far and other then the black fading a little to a copper color the hoses and fittings don't leak. 

Finished everything up. I don't think I'd use them again. I had about 4 fittings that were leaking right off the bat. I will be the first to admit that my "Shade Tree" mechanic abilities contributed to this, but I don't think that would cause all of them to leak. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

Finished everything up. I don't think I'd use them again. I had about 4 fittings that were leaking right off the bat. I will be the first to admit that my "Shade Tree" mechanic abilities contributed to this, but I don't think that would cause all of them to leak. 

Thanks for letting me know.  My Albins is back from Rancho, in the car and ready for the new plumbing.  I didn't have any issues with the anfittings.com stuff for my fuel system so I may use them again.  I don't 'need' PTFE lines for my trans but at least they'll match the fuel system, especially when they get sun faded to a black/copper color.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

Thanks for confirming what I have seen over and over again on cars I work on ...When in doubt watch Tim Mcannis rant again - I hope Racetronix warrantied the stuff and gave you replacements .  better to fail now before you are using them and a fire happens 

• Like 1

My concern would be that if 4 of them leaked right out of the gate, how long will the rest last, before they fail from vibration & pressure?

• Like 2

FWIW, I have always just put the fittings in my vice with the palm of a leather glove to protect the finish & it has always "worked".

last year when I redid my fuel system I broke down & bought a set of these........  Why the hell didn't I do that YEARS ago..????  they really do make the job a little bit easier.  and when its times "a bunch of fittings" that translates into a higher quality job. 

Magnetic Aluminum Vise Jaw Clamp Block Insert Pad For AN Fuel Hose Fitting installation AN3 AN6 AN8 AN10 - VISE

I have not broken down & bought a set of these, most fittings now days have enough flare on them that its not a HUGE PITA like it used to be.

image.jpeg.40b80e7400a65b964941158843e3c9df.jpeg

On 6/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, Bobalos said:

FWIW, I have always just put the fittings in my vice with the palm of a leather glove to protect the finish & it has always "worked".

last year when I redid my fuel system I broke down & bought a set of these........  Why the hell didn't I do that YEARS ago..????  they really do make the job a little bit easier.  and when its times "a bunch of fittings" that translates into a higher quality job. 

Magnetic Aluminum Vise Jaw Clamp Block Insert Pad For AN Fuel Hose Fitting installation AN3 AN6 AN8 AN10 - VISE

I have not broken down & bought a set of these, most fittings now days have enough flare on them that its not a HUGE PITA like it used to be.

image.jpeg.40b80e7400a65b964941158843e3c9df.jpeg

The soft jaws are Great  - Earl's has them in Delrin too, even better for Black fittings

If you do any Push lock Like I use on the SC heater exchangers  and other low pressure applications 

this is a huge time saver , its a little pricey, but  It beats heating the tubing with a heat gun, testing with your finger (now called your burnt finger)  and using a leather glove to "man it on"

Koul.png.85458a8c668927521a332ec9d07c3b7b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I just tried it & it forwarded it to wheladapters.com for me as well.  but.......... there is no hint of AN Fittings on that site @ all.  Im guessing its either broken or just not done yet. 

FWIW, Ive been getting my stuff from https://phenixindustries.com/

Edited by Bobalos