SailAway

Glamis Vendors In Trouble

glamisqueen. As it sits now (my opinion) it looks like you will have a two-day-per-week business, so my suggestion would be to take off the rose colored glasses now and find some legal representation sooner rather than later.

993348[/snapback]

What resources we had have been tied up just for the retainer. Are you volunteering your legal services? I am sure more will come, however we all

know how long it takes for the collection plate to be filled.

As Vicki noticed I am merely trying to re-direct towards a more constructive

avenue rather than just bashing. Why lower myself or my business to that level.

I hear lots of talk, but no action or help being volunteered, but your thoughts are

appreciated.

Thank you for coming back and addressing that part of the issue Vicki thumb.gif

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to get across to Bill about his "reasoning" in regards to donations...no matter which group they are made to. It especially doesn't make sense in regards to the ASA since they recieve as much if not more support from the vendors than from privately owned businesses out there.

So again Bill, where the heck do you come up with this stuff? laughing.gif

993398[/snapback]

I guess I missed all the drama, dang.

I come up with it from observations, my own. Its not rocket science. And I can't find where in my posts I stated anything about other org's? I did say the asa.

And the asa won't say anything against the store because of the pizza/weather station donatitions that come in.  And we all know the family connection there.

993142[/snapback]

laughing.gif

Where do you come up with this stuff at Stoney??

Go through the sponsors page and see who is reallly donating to the ASA-there are way more and BIGGER $$$$ coming in from the vendors than from any of the "private enterprises". I also find it hard to believe with a VENDOR on the BOD that he is willing to cut the throat of himself and other vendors to keep the GBS happy coocoo.gif

993204[/snapback]

Not to change the subject, but I have been very vocal about this since day one. some might consider this a conflict of interest. Nice choice of words, "willing to cut the throat of himself" I wish I could make decisions that affected my business.

Being a member is fine. Donating money or time is fine. But having people on the board? And having more that one on the board? Two? Three? Maybe four? Come on. But its just silly ol' stoney.

With all this talk of "fairness" let us not forget that the GBS has a monopoly on privately owned land out there. There is no room for another privately owned business because the Government has taken control of all the land.

With all this talk of "fairness" let us not forget that the GBS has a monopoly on privately owned land out there. There is no room for another privately owned business because the Government has taken control of all the land.

995343[/snapback]

Thats a great point that isn't talked about much. And if you add up most of the negative comments made by other businesses most are on "there land" and they all stem back to GBS in some way or another.

Whats stopping them from setting up there own vendor row on there own property without all or most of the rules that the vendors are being hit with? They could charge rent and tell the blm to go pound sand.

Hmmmm......maybe they already plan on it and this is phase one of the evil plan? Get rid of the vendor row by making it so cost prohibative and over regulated that they all pack up and leave? Nah. Just play'n.

Edited by stonehenge

Hmmmm......maybe they already plan on it and this is phase one of the evil plan?  Get rid of the vendor row by making it so cost prohibative and over regulated that they all pack up and leave?  Nah.  Just play'n.

995365[/snapback]

Bingo.

What we would then get is something called "concessionnaires" (which is what you have in Yosemite, by the way). The same "monopoly" runs each and every gift shop, popcorn vendor, soda machine.

So much for free enterprise.

Vicki

I'm sure the "concessionnaire" program is not designed to look out for the user, but rather the best financial deal for the government. John Q Public is the last one that anyone will worry about there.

Just for the record:

BMV is NOT on land owned by the GBS. Also, I believe Dirty Bobs (Crazy Criegs or what ever it is called now) also is NOT on land owned by the GBS.

Of course, neither is Pair-A-Dice. Additionally, there are OTHER property owners near BMV besides Jeannie Boardman.

So, in truth, only Clean Genes has any direct business ties to the GBS.

While I don’t have a clue about current conditions, it was no secrete that in the past, the Boardmans and the Le Blancs (GBS) never really liked each other, either.

I'm sure the "concessionnaire" program is not designed to look out for the user, but rather the best financial deal for the government. John Q Public is the last one that anyone will worry about there.

995462[/snapback]

Boy, this statement really got me going.

You are right, of course and I'm sure most people read that and agreed.

But, does anyone realize what is really being said?

"Best financial deal for the Government"... The Government is supposed to be us, the taxpayers. In a situation like Glamis "John Q Public (the user) and "The Government" should have the same needs and goals.

Unfortunantly what is more likely is that the "Governmental agency" looks out for itself, the concessionnaire looks to milk the Government fat cow and John Q Public (the taxpayer/user) gets the shaft.

I've seen lots of stuff change at Glamis and one thing I can say catagoricly is that the more "Governmental agency" involvement, the less "Glamislike" things have become.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the vendors did a pretty good job when left to themselves. There was no proliferation, they don't raise hell, they take care of their own security, and by and large don't fight amongst themselves. Just what happened to cause all of this BLM involvement?

If I were the vendors I would pack my crap up and move down to Olds road.

If I were the vendors I would pack my crap up and move down to Olds road.

996498[/snapback]

bandit.gif

Then nobody would go to the GBS.... that would surely make this whole thing back fire on them. I don't think that GBS relizes how much business they got because of the vendors, until they ran it off.

Just for the record:

BMV is NOT on land owned by the GBS. Also, I believe Dirty Bobs (Crazy Criegs or what ever it is called now) also is NOT on land owned by the GBS.

Of course, neither is Pair-A-Dice.  Additionally, there are OTHER property owners near BMV besides Jeannie Boardman.

So, in truth, only Clean Genes has any direct business ties to the GBS.

While I don’t have a clue about current conditions, it was no secrete that in the past, the Boardmans and the Le Blancs (GBS) never really liked each other, either.

996108[/snapback]

Your right.

And all of my posts point a big fat finger at GBS/CG/Pizza/Weather, not anyone else. And I don't even include BMV nor Dirty Bobs in this. But DB's ins't much of a business factor and not even sure if its not owned by GBS? (or influenced)

I support BMV beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif every chance I get!

While discussions related to vendors on public (well, if it is truly public why do I pay $90 to drive onto it?) land is a great topic to debate, IMHO we need the vendors.

If the vendors are not there we are left with only dealing with GBS and CGs.

While I do shop everywhere at Glamis, no one store/vendor provides everything I need. I would be lost without Gilmores and Crazy Kevins, they have parts and accessories that I buy almost every time I go out there. I also buy from the GBS, BMV and the pizza place (last time I was there I spent $90)

So to me, it boils down to supporting the vendors, because I, and every other duner that gets a flat, needs goggles, breaks a clutch cable, or wants a hot t-shirt needs them there.

I think that everyone that dunes and goes down to vendor's row needs to help out with this.

I will try to come up with something soon. Too bad we are not in high season right now - voices count.

Also, Gilmore say hi, and thank you to everyone that is helping out. He is doing what he can via long distance, and right now he does not have internet access.

-tron.

Whew, finally back in a state where the internet is a little more available! Last motel I stayed in I asked them if they had high speed internet and they and he said " YUP, INTERNET 40 GOES RIGHT THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE STATE, BUT I THINK THE SPEED LIMIT IS 65! " So of course I told him about job openings at the BLM, he's their kind of guy. I have just been waiting for the new director to get settled in at El Centro, she has. Been waiting to here back from Linda Hanson as promised, I have'nt. Been waiting to hear the date for the TRT meeting' June 7, One out of three is'nt bad. In the meentime I recieved a call from Neil Hamada last night wanting to know if I could meet with him and Geenie from GBC to see where the vendors will be allowed to vend next year! I guess where we have been for 30 plus years is not now good enough. It's not going to end. Any vendor or just interested person that wants to talk to me about this or any other issue may call me at 951 314 9430. I will be back in the woods after today but leave a message an i will return your call. Thanks for everybody's help and support! MIKE

Whew, finally back in a state where the internet is a little more available! Last motel I stayed in I asked them if they had high speed internet and they and he said " YUP, INTERNET 40 GOES RIGHT THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE STATE, BUT I THINK THE SPEED LIMIT IS 65! " So of course I told him about job openings at the BLM, he's their kind of guy.  I have just been waiting for the new director to get settled in at El Centro, she has. Been waiting to here back from Linda Hanson as promised, I have'nt. Been waiting to hear the date for the TRT meeting' June 7, One out of three is'nt bad. In the meentime I recieved a call from Neil Hamada last night wanting to know if I could meet with him and Geenie from GBC to see where the vendors will be allowed to vend next year! I guess where we have been for 30 plus years is not now good enough. It's not going to end. Any vendor or just interested person that wants to talk to me about this or any other issue may call me at 951 314 9430. I will be back in the woods after today but leave a message an i will return your call. Thanks for everybody's help and support! MIKE

997521[/snapback]

Absolutely incredible.

Anyone else want to try to convince me the BLM isn't taking marching orders from a PRIVATE ENTERPRISE at the expense of the duning community????

Incredible.

Vicki

Okay, the TRT meeting is June 7th and that is the date we need to band together. We need to let the BLM know where we stand on the vendor issues.

They must be made to see that their job is to protect OUR interests and support the recreational community that patronizes the area they manage, not the profitability of the Glamis Beach Store.

Vicki

bandit.gif

What about the mobile people ???????

The ice and ice cream vendors ?

The guy on the quad pulling a cart w/ t-shirts ???

Are they to governed under the vendors rules and regulations ?

beer.gifpopcorn.gif

Yes they are, but they get a different kind of permit. a :mobile" permit I believe. The ASA has one so that they can display the raffle car and sell tickets.

PP

Yes they are, but they get a different kind of permit.  a :mobile" permit I believe.  The ASA has one so that they can display the raffle car and sell tickets.

PP

997910[/snapback]

bandit.gif

So are they now going to be restricted to what they can sell and what days they can sell on ?????

t-shirts........ ice... ice cream...... food..... fire wood.......

Is GBS going to say they shouldn't be able to provide those services ? Or just not every day of the week ?

sounds like the first step might be for us to start sending emails to our trt reps? What is that address again? I always read where they want our input..lets give it to them, and see where it goes.

sounds like the first step might be for us to start sending emails to our trt reps? What is that address again? I always read where they want our input..lets give it to them, and see where it goes.

997956[/snapback]

TRTEMAIL@AOL.COM

Well then why doesnt BMV "rent" some space to some of the vendors out front near the entrance sign ??

997956[/snapback]

uh, whomever unsure.gif is doing the www.savethevendors.com website will probably have a list once they gather it....

....just a guess...

The TRT is already on record as supporting the vendors. That is not meant to be a discouragement to sending your comments.