SailAway

Glamis Vendors In Trouble

I don't doubt that the trt is on the side of the duning community. I do think that it helps for a representative to have a lot of support from that community. In other words, if they get a lot of email/phone calls/letters, etc on a particular issue, they should feel more compelled to fight for that issue than one where there is not as much "feedback". This is obviously a hot button issue on this forum, and I would suspect that a large portion of the general duning community would have similar feelings of support for the vendors. (I'd base that on how crowded vendors row tends to get..icon_wink.gif )

Another thing that might be included in case anyone decides to send some email, would be to push for the return of "amnesty days", both winter and spring for the next season.

Where do I go for info on the TRT meeting?

Okay, the TRT meeting is June 7th and that is the date we need to band together.  We need to let the BLM know where we stand on the vendor issues.

They must be made to see that their job is to protect OUR interests and support the recreational community that patronizes the area they manage, not the profitability of the Glamis Beach Store.

Vicki

997532[/snapback]

1 page back , PDS....... quit being lazy . blink.gif

ph34r.gif don't tell PSD the top secret address ph34r.gif

Edited by SOUTHERN BOY

Okay Lance, I figure it's probably on the 7th, but the 7th is just a date, not an address. Can I attend the meeting from home? laughing.gif

Where do I go for info on the TRT meeting?

998208[/snapback]

That's a dandy question. Since the BLM website is STILL not functioning, we have to resort to old-fashioned ways like telephones and fax machines.

The meeting will start at 9:00 a.m. and will be held at the El Centro Field Office. No, I don't have the address handy. But I'll get it, I promise.

Yes, that's a Tuesday and yes, most of us are working slobs.

But hopefully more than a handful will find this worthy of a vacation day.

Vicki

I wish salaried folks like me were entitled to days off, but if I beg, plead, or quit my way into one, I'll drive a carpool out from SD if anyone else is interested...

Not as good at this as the rest of you at posting, but in response to an earlier post about the mobile vendors, we entered the mobile vending this past season, and yes, all the same rules and stipulations apply but are not used. As far as I can see, there were only 2 of us doing it. We are permitted in the same manner, the only difference is a box that is checked on the permit that says mobile vendor, and in that sense, the difference is that we must keep moving and not set up a stationary location. The issue of week day vending is not an issue for us, as we only sell on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.

GBS is running the show. 25brdflick.gif

The BLM bends over for one business? ok, ok two or three all under one cheif!

f-the store and the french

Anyone up to speed on the issue of moving the vendors to a new location? Guess it's stated in the RAMP that a vendor location will be determined.

Another thing that might be included in case anyone decides to send some email, would be to push for the return of "amnesty days", both winter and spring for the next season.

998118[/snapback]

That isn't up to the BLM. That is decided by the Highway Patrol and DMV. I asked last season regarding that issue. Not enough funding to do the amnesty days at the dunes... icon_mad.gif So for that issue, direct your emails, letters and phone calls to the Brawley offices of each:

Dept. of Motor Vehicles

1175 East Main Street

Brawley, CA 92227

(800) 777-0133

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/email/esw_vr.html

CA Highway Patrol

2331 US Highway 86

Imperial, CA 92251

760) 482-2500

publicaffairs@chp.ca.gov

Yep..you're right, it's not "up" to the BLM, but there is nothing wrong with asking them to request that service from those agencies. I'm sure a request from the BLM would carry a LOT more weight than direct requests from mere private citizens. And if it came down to brass tacks, I'd rather see the BLM fund that particular activity than pay overtime for some additional revenue generators who are only there to make $$'s. I've seen it in several different places that unregistered ohv's actually hurt the off road cause. So I see this as a very valid issue, and certainly one that the BLM shouldn't mind addressing.

Actually, I've heard many times that Glamis has one of the lowest levels of unregestered OHV's...

I imagine that could change with no amnesty days.

Personally, I think what the CHP should do is do an amnesty day per month, but they don't have to have it at Glamis. They can do it at their stations.

With the new laws about the manufactures having to lic there buggies they make why don't one of them setup at venders registering OHV's. Would that not be the same thing as an amnesty day...

Get you green stickers and pink slips at the dunes... thumb.gif

CLICK HERE for June 7th TRT Meeting Agenda and MapQuest link to BLM ECFO.

It is with a heavy heart that I make this post today. This post is to inform vendors

and users alike that I cannot contact, the death of a vendor.

Caroline Burnham the owner of the Elite formerly Hog Heaven ( best corn dogs on earth ) was killed Sunday in an auto accident after leaving my home in Yuma. Caroline leaves behind a 10yr old son. Her Kitchen and Glamis were her source of happiness and income. Within the next 48 hours a donation account in the name of Ethan Mayne will be set up at National Bank of Arizona in Yuma Arizona. The

address is 1800 S. 4th Ave Yuma Arizona 85364 the telephone # 928-782-7505.

For all of those who enjoyed her late night corn dogs and got free food from

her now is the time to step up to the plate and lets take care of her son.

Glamis has suffered a loss at the death of this beautiful and loving young woman.

Oh Kathy, I'm so very sorry to hear this.

Please let me know if there is anything (more) we can do.

Vicki

icon_cry.gif Never met her, but I've heard many wonderful things. My condolences.

How horrible icon_sad.gif

Thank you for letting us know-maybe a specific thread about this in Connections that Chummin could pin at the top would help in regards to donations for her son.

Hog heaven was one of the few things I truely missed about our group more or less abandoning the north dunes icon_sad.gif Heck we made trips up from Gordon's just for some corn dogs and BBQ sandwiches!

This is very sad news indeed icon_sad.gif

How horrible  icon_sad.gif

Thank you for letting us know-maybe a specific thread about this in Connections that Chummin could pin at the top would help in regards to donations for her son.

1004351[/snapback]

Please if you guys can handle this I and her son will be very greatful. I am leaving

within a few hours for Kingman to take care of matters up there. There will be

a memorial service in Kingman this coming Saturday 4th at 11:am at Caroline's

home. Anyone and all who knew her are invited and welcome to come. Because

Caroline lived in the mountians outside of Kingman directions at this time are

impossible to give you. You can contact me Kathy at 928-920-0538 that cell

# is with me right now 24/7. We can give directions then.

The account has been opened and as of this morning is active. You simply need

to contact the bank and make a donation to The Ethan Mayne Donation Account.

No other information is necessary.

From the bottom of my heart I thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

We will always have Caroline's memory alive at Glamis. At a future date there will

also be some sort of celebration of her life held at Glamis.

Kathy-

I will take care of it right now with a post in Connections.

Won't be able to come up to Kingman but please give her son a hug from us and pass on our thoughts and prayers to Caroline's family.

Julie

queenglamis,

I called the bank and the account is set up as of yesterday. Send checks to "Ethan Mayne Donation Account". (They can't do credit or debit over the phone) so checks, m/o are the best way.

Our family wishes you all strength and hugs through this time.

Sent donation off under " Begin Family" but much strength is being pulled for you all, from our "Suspensions Unlimited Family". We have lots of it!!

Also, flowers sent to where for the memorial service- address????????

All our best,

Cat~

S/U Cru

I understand that the TRT meeting is tomorrow. Since someone kindly posted a link the the agenda, I am wondering if they handle these meetings in a formal manner as it appears they do, do they also post the results of the meeting for public viewing? Thanks

Mike, I believe that there is a link somewhere in this forum with the

agenda. I do know that the public speaking period is about 11:30 am.

It is a very long agenda from what I understand. Just got back from

Kingman so I will check later if you do not find it here.

I understand that the TRT meeting is tomorrow. Since someone kindly posted a link the the agenda, I am wondering if they handle these meetings in a formal manner as it appears they do, do they also post the results of the meeting for public viewing? Thanks

1011437[/snapback]

The TRT has a website with meeting minutes along with several other documents. Go to www.isdratrt.org and look in the Documents section.

The agenda for the meeting is posted in one of the articles on the home page.